Rotoworld reporting that the Bengals are nearing a deal with Coles

Posted from Rotoworld:

"All indications" are that the Bengals are nearing a deal with free agent Laveranues Coles Wednesday, according to the team's website.

The move would deal a big blow to Andre Caldwell's fantasy upside. Coles is thought to be seeking nearly as much as T.J. Houshmandzadeh's contract. It's still hard to imagine the Bengals paying Coles more than Chad Ocho Cinco.

All signs were pointing to a deal with Coles getting closer and closer, a move that would bring quarterback Carson Palmer two receivers with more than 600 career catches.

Asked about filling the void of wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Lewis said they addressed it last year "in the draft" with Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell, and, in an apparent allusion to Coles, he indicated other moves are on the way.

Wow -- if that's all he's got ...

Marvin Lewis did say early today more moves for the Bengals are coming, so i wouldnt be surprised if you see Coles sign for them today

I think that is reading way too far into Lewis' comments.

Hopefully we get him, we can't draft a good one. Hardy was our big catch and he runs like Frankenstein, just aweful.

I was a REAL big advocate of drafting WR Jordy Nelson. Look where we would be if we did. I know that Green Bay drafted him before us but this was one of the times for us to move up in the draft.

Posted from Rotoworld:

"All indications" are that the Bengals are nearing a deal with free agent Laveranues Coles Wednesday, according to the team's website.

The move would deal a big blow to Andre Caldwell's fantasy upside. Coles is thought to be seeking nearly as much as T.J. Houshmandzadeh's contract. It's still hard to imagine the Bengals paying Coles more than Chad Ocho Cinco.

If that's true then don't let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha. If the Bengals pay him close to that then they are morons. I'd much rather have Housh than Coles.

If we lose out when the Bungals are the only competition, what does that say about this organization, especially if what was in the media is true, that they wanted him bad? If it is true, we are the Joke of the league by far.

Do you ever have anything positive or all your opinions based on very little thought?

I was a REAL big advocate of drafting WR Jordy Nelson. Look where we would be if we did. I know that Green Bay drafted him before us but this was one of the times for us to move up in the draft.

One of the times.

Other time would have been to get Big Ben.

I also wished we got Jordy. Liked his demeanor.