Ask Tim Graham

Lori

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

Mike Lombardi on NFL Network just said that the Bills have raised the offer to Peters to $9.75 M per and he and Parker still told them to pound sand. They want the conversation to start at $11M. Is Lombardi blowing smoke? Also said it looks 75% in favor of trade right now.

Any truth to this or more speculation?

Thanks!!!

Tim,

Mike Lombardi on NFL Network just said that the Bills have raised the offer to Peters to $9.75 M per and he and Parker still told them to pound sand. They want the conversation to start at $11M. Is Lombardi blowing smoke? Also said it looks 75% in favor of trade right now.

Thanks!!!

Mike knows his stuff and doesn't blow smoke. If he's quoting salary numbers, I'd believe them.

Mike knows his stuff and doesn't blow smoke. If he's quoting salary numbers, I'd believe them.

He's a smart and well-respected man. And as a former personnel man, he knows exactly what he's talking about when it comes to these matters.

He should be a GM somewhere... maybe in Buffalo :lol:

Thinks Peters won't be traded. So all talk must stop!

I can say I had a lot of fun on the show.

As much as I respect Lombardi, I still have to believe what my sources told me about Peters until they inform me otherwise.

This latest development might not matter because the context of our conversations took into account that Peters will not be signed before the draft anyway. The Bills are prepared for another holdout.

But I do think the likelihood of Peters being traded before the draft changes by the day. This is a fluid situation.

Tim,

Thanks!!!

I just watched the "NFL Total Access" replay, and Lombardi didn't mention any proposed numbers. In fact, he didn't even mention that a recent offer had been made at all. Where did you get the $9.75 million?

Lombardi did say he thought it was a 75 percent possibility IF a team can satisfy the Bills with a "high first-round pick and some other things helping it" and Peters' salary demands.

I don't think Lombardi is blowing smoke, but what he said sounded more like educated speculation than insider info.

As much as I respect Lombardi, I still have to believe what my sources told me about Peters until they inform me otherwise.

This latest development might not matter because the context of our conversations took into account that Peters will not be signed before the draft anyway. The Bills are prepared for another holdout.

But I do think the likelihood of Peters being traded before the draft changes by the day. This is a fluid situation.

Tim, are the Bills allowing teams to talk to Parker about a contract? It seems to me that no team is going to trade for Peters without renegotiating his deal and knowing he is going to play, and Parker/Peters aren't going to agree for less from a team different than the Bills just because they are not the Bills. They want their 10-11 million.

Tim, are the Bills allowing teams to talk to Parker about a contract? It seems to me that no team is going to trade for Peters without renegotiating his deal and knowing he is going to play, and Parker/Peters aren't going to agree for less from a team different than the Bills just because they are not the Bills. They want their 10-11 million.

I can't say for sure, but I highly doubt it. The Bills still want to sign him.

Tim, are the Bills allowing teams to talk to Parker about a contract? It seems to me that no team is going to trade for Peters without renegotiating his deal and knowing he is going to play, and Parker/Peters aren't going to agree for less from a team different than the Bills just because they are not the Bills. They want their $11+++ million.

Fixed it.

PTR

This may be a situation where I think the Bills just need to give into him. Give him his money, pack it with lots of incentives, and let's get back to work.

Solves a huge problem, IMO.

As an outside observer looking in I think if Peters is traded it will be after the Lions select first. I feel the Lions are the Bills best trade partner if they would unload pick number 20 and a third or fourth rounder. If the Lions trade for Peters now everyone knows they will take Stafford 1st overall. This prohibits the Lions from negotiaitng with Stafford for a more cost friendly contract(because he will then know he is going number one), and negotiating with other teams who may try to trade up to take on of the top O-lineman. I think the Millenless Lions are trying to position themselves to get Stafford and a top tackle with there first two picks the only way they can do that is with trading for Peters.