Dow falls into 6,000's

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

linkage. Great economic news.

... and with crude oil hovering around $40.00 a barrel, why is regular unleaded $1.87 a gallon? :oops::blink:

Not that my guess is worth more than any other that you may hear but the worst is yet to hit:

Volume on upside days has also tended to be tepid

I believe Citibank will be nationalized before the crises turns - stock price is already reflecting the idea that only heavy risk takers have any faith in it.

Keep in mind when Japan went through something similar it took a decade to rebound. Suggestions are that the US has been more aggresive in its management of the current situation

Housing prices are not close to leveling off

My guess is that we will get to the low 6000's before this is done.

I have been saying for over a year- the Dow will hit 3500. That is what the charts tell me, and that is what my gut tells me. At 3,500 I will buy some stocks. Until then most of them are garbage

I have been saying for over a year- the Dow will hit 3500. That is what the charts tell me, and that is what my gut tells me. At 3,500 I will buy some stocks. Until then most of them are garbage

I think you and I are looking at the same charts.

People always get lambasted for "timing the market"... Yadda, yadda, yadda, and how bad it is to do it. My question is for the common folk out there: "Why have people stayed in?" Especially the last 5-6 months... All they are doing is losing their shirts and watching their retirement accounts go up in smoke. My God, I have locked everything down in positive gaining securities since late August... Last year I only lost about 4% total! I can't imagine what I would have lost if I listened to the "experts" that said to stay in this con game.

For the young, this may be a good thing that the market crashes? That is the way I am looking at it.

Basically, there has been no better time to "time" than than 5-6months ago... I can't understand why people keep falling for this con game. If you want to earn some money, you have beeter odds at the boat than in the market the last 5-6 months! :oops:

Maybe I am just overly conservative... Maybe too slow and steady, but at least I am not broke.

Holy crap .... Everywhere i can be i'm back to cash right now but anothr 45% drop? Seems very dire.

I don't understand why Wall Street hasn't rebounded now that the stimulus package has been approved. I mean, I think it's pretty clear that the stimulus package was the right thing to do, no? Otherwise, why did our elected officials move so fast to get it approved based on the fact that it was imperative to stem the most horrible economic crisis since The Great Depression?

Yet here we are, and at this moment, the Dow is down over 220 points. At this rate, we may dip into the 5000s by lunchtime.

Very odd.

I hope too many people don't die from a volcano eruption before the current administration can right the ship.

People always get lambasted for "timing the market"... Yadda, yadda, yadda, and how bad it is to do it. My question is for the common folk out there: "Why have people stayed in?" Especially the last 5-6 months... All they are doing is losing their shirts and watching their retirement accounts go up in smoke. My God, I have locked everything down in positive gaining securities since late August... Last year I only lost about 4% total! I can't imagine what I would have lost if I listened to the "experts" that said to stay in this con game.

For the young, this may be a good thing that the market crashes? That is the way I am looking at it.

Basically, there has been no better time to "time" than than 5-6months ago... I can't understand why people keep falling for this con game. If you want to earn some money, you have beeter odds at the boat than in the market the last 5-6 months! :oops:

Maybe I am just overly conservative... Maybe too slow and steady, but at least I am not broke.

Because none of us have a crystal ball.

I'm not sure I understand. How does Wall Street benefit from such terrible declines?

Sure there are going to be winners and losers, the shrewed players will find a way to win even during the down turn and I have no doubt they will drive it down further. And those players I would think are more "insulated" nowadays being that most manufacturing and durable goods are produced overseas.

And yes, it doesn't make any sense... Unless the market is naturally correcting itself and taking into consideration that the average "Joe" is getting out fast... Like I said, not one cent of my retirement is in it anymore... The game is getting smaller.