Roscoe Parrish

In my opinion, the biggest problem with our QB spot has been their lack of ability to anticipate. Edwards has shown flashes here and there, and maybe he'll improve as his confidence improves, but the biggest advantage a guy like Roscoe will have are his ridiculously fast breaks and cuts. Until we have someone behind center who can anticipate a route, I don't see a guy like Roscoe really shining as a wideout. Until we have a QB who can read the defense, anticipate the route, and then deliver the ball BEFORE having to wait for someone to be wide open, I think our woes on offense will continue.

Get a grip on your tool.

What has Roscoe done to prove your premise?

He is a waste of a roster spot.

Get a grip on your tool.

What has Roscoe done to prove your premise?

He is a waste of a roster spot.

It's not what Roscoe has done, it's what the QBs haven't.

Yeah, JP or Trent should catch the ball for him too? The kid has hands of stone....

I'm more worried about our first string QB than I am our 4th string receiver. The two teams I saw every game of last season were the Bills and Falcons. Matt Ryan is so far above and beyond Trent Edwards it's not even funny. The conclusion I came to after watching nearly every snap for both of these QBs was that vision and anticipation was the most stark difference. Ryan happens to also have a much bigger arm, but so does JP Losman. When we finally find a QB who can operate the offense with proper awareness and anticipation, then I feel you'll see a player like Roscoe start to be more viable...hands of stone and all.

Parrish is hard to find in the open field, but we dont get him the ball the way we should.

There are an incredible variety of screens, slants, run-offs, button hooks, pitchouts and quick outs we can use to get roscoe the ball. If the is put in the slot someone has to cover him tight because of his threat as a receiver underneath. Its a cliche at this point, but that is how New England uses Whelker.

Rosco was a quarterback in high school. Could we cosider using him as a wing back on the weak side in the wildcat with Jackson (another emergency quarterback) behind center?

I honestly don't understand why so many on this board just don't get that the Bills offensive scheme is freaking horrid, Its doubtful any player will flourish in this Bills offensive system. There is a reason why most teams have moved away from the Mike Martz passing offense.

I don't know, I'm no scout...but watching on TV you can still tell that he's soft- he struggles to get off the line if the CB gets in his face. Steve Smith is small too, but he'll slap a guy in the face then make his cut to get open. With Edwards they don't exactly take 7 step drops giving Parrish time to get into the open field.

They do a lot of things wrong with Roscoe- he doesn't play enough on 1st and 2nd downs to make a difference, and they very rarely put him in motion to get him into the clear. Seems like every time they throw the guy a slip screen it's telegraphed...like a base set on 1st down with Roscoe and Evans instead of Reed and Evans...hmm...you think that's a tipoff that they want Parrish to get the ball? Maybe if they mixed things up a little more offensively it would work.

But ultimately I think he's just a gimmick player...his straight line speed is pretty good by Buffalo WR standards, but it's not great, so he's not a huge deep threat (and he can't win a jump ball).

I like Roscoe, but I see no "superstar" in him. He's kind of the epitome of the Bills. Small and quick, but not really much of a "football player."

A guy who returns punts like he does is not a soft player. I do like your comment. " they do a lot of things wrong with Roscoe". If your not going to use him effectively than trade him.

Roscoe Parrish = Don Beebe v2.5

Both are/were quick

Both are/were fast

Both are/were dangerous in the open field w/ the ball and returning kicks

Both are/were nothing more than a 3rd or 4th string WR

If the Bills got a viable #2 WR, RP numbers would improve, but nowhere near what some people are expecting.

Players from the U just don't seem to work out for us, I think Roscoe is a smurf!

Yeah, Kelly sucked! He wasn't a smurf but seeing as he came from the U, he might as well have been.

GO BILLS!!!

Roscoe Parrish = Don Beebe v2.5

Both are/were quick

Both are/were fast

Both are/were dangerous in the open field w/ the ball and returning kicks

Both are/were nothing more than a 3rd or 4th string WR

If the Bills got a viable #2 WR, RP numbers would improve, but nowhere near what some people are expecting.

Actually, Beebe was fast, but he was hardly quick. He also wasn't much of a returner at all. Roscoe is amazingly quick, but he's actually not that fast (he timed around 4.5 at the combine, as I recall).

He struggles to get off the jam, I think, and I don't see him getting much better at that in the future. He's just not that big/solid. Steve Smith is solid. Plus Smith is a borderline psychopath, which tends to help him.

Actually, Beebe was fast, but he was hardly quick. He also wasn't much of a returner at all. Roscoe is amazingly quick, but he's actually not that fast (he timed around 4.5 at the combine, as I recall).

He struggles to get off the jam, I think, and I don't see him getting much better at that in the future. He's just not that big/solid. Steve Smith is solid. Plus Smith is a borderline psychopath, which tends to help him.

Beebe was quick, just not as quick as Roscoe is (as you said, Roscoe is "amazingly" quick). Beebe reportedly ran a 40 in 4.21. You do not run it that fast by being slow off the line. (FWIW, SI.com listed RP running a 40 in 4.4).