Matt Cassel traded to Chiefs

BLZFAN4LIFE

Since Pioli is a guy that saw him play up close and personal all that time, and was the one that pulled the trigger on the trade today, it looks to me like Cassel might be the real deal. Pioli may, of course, be wrong. But if any of the other 30 teams traded for him instead of the Chiefs, there would be a much better reason to believe they were a sucker.

How dare you bring common sense into this thread. :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, is Pioli trying to wreck the chiefs on purpose? Veterans are asking to be released, he hires a coach that the players hate, gives up a pick for an over the hill Mike Vrable, and now he gives a good pick to the pats* for an overrated (and expensive) QB.

I'm thinking Pioli, after having so much success with the Pats, actually might know what he is doing.

I'm thinking Pioli, after having so much success with the Pats, actually might know what he is doing.

I think this is turning into a Donahoe/Cowher situation. Great Head coach who is involved in personnel decisions and an overrated GM who rode his coattails. I don't like any of the moves he has made yet. (HC, Cassel, Vrable)

Time will tell though.

thats what was rumored yesterday. The #3 and some other picks for Cassell and Vrabel

the young guy they have in kc looked very good himself, without moss and welker. i really think (like anderson in cle) that cassel might struggle and due to having virtually now starting experience fall apart on a weak kc team. i hope kc crashes and burns, and new england dies of aids.

Per Adam Scheftner @ NFl Network.

Link/details soon.

If this ends up being true, I would like to congratulate all the geniuses out here who actually seriously thought the Pats would trade Brady and keep Cassel. I thought the Pats were crazy to even franchise Cassel, much less keep him over the 3 time SB winning 2 time SB MVP Brady. Well, I was wrong about the Pats franchising Matt, and I suppose they really had to given the excellent season he had. But it didn't take long for New England to dump Cassel and his franchise salary, did it? :D

The only thing good about this is that those 2 minuns over at ESPN in Mort and Clayton have yet to break this. Gotta love they way Scheftner pulls ythe rug out from under these guys repeatedly!! :D

He works for the NFL, he probably just sits at NFL headquarters in New York and chats up some admin officere who processes these trade requests.

New England was smart to get the most of out Cassel. I mean, this is a guy who last year could have probably been had in the offseason for a 7th round draft pick, and now he probably got them the #3 overall pick.

Count me in as part of the group that sees Cassell failing in KC, there is just not enough talent to protect him there. As it stands right now, great move for the Patriots. HOWEVER...

...If Brady isnt ready by training camp or is nowhere near the QB he once was when he comes back, this could be a season...and dare I say...a coach killer.

The only thing good about this is that those 2 minuns over at ESPN in Mort and Clayton have yet to break this. Gotta love they way Scheftner pulls ythe rug out from under these guys repeatedly!! :D

He works for the NFL, he probably just sits at NFL headquarters in New York and chats up some admin officere who processes these trade requests.

The NFL Network studios are in L.A., but Schefter obviously does have some connections at 280 Park Avenue.

Don't worry, Mort will be along to report this breaking news shortly. But as I pointed out with the Coles visit, Schefter isn't immune to being scooped either ...

The Patriots better hope that Brady's leg is fine, because this could backfire in a HUGE way.

And wouldn't that be delightful?

So, when the Bills signed Fitzpatrick, did they suddenly lose all interest in a Cassel trade? Maybe Cassel's mother, or her coworker, didn't know wtf they were talking about to begin with.

:D