We Have The Most Passionate Fans, But Also the Most Idiotic

CJPearl2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the number of posts and comments I see on this board (and on some others boards, yes, I looked) that have wrote off the 2009 season because we didn't sign a big name player in Day 1 of Free Agency. It is completely moronic.

Here are only a few of the posts/comments:

cheap bills = 2-14 team in 2009

My message to the Buffalo Bills front office......simple (middle finger)

To those still optimistic, What are you waiting for?

Starting to wonder if FO is incompetent

...and many more....

Conversely, a lot of you share my attitude that this is a process and can't be completed in one short day. I can almost guarantee that we will make a big trade of pickup this weekend or next week. But because it didn't happen at 2am Friday morning, or while a bunch of you stiffs were trying to cheer up your miserable lifes/work days with Bills free agency activity, the Bills were failures/are cheap/are being outplayed by losing Fred Taylor or not overpaying for Bart Scott or Jason Brown (who less than 10% of you ever knew about before this year).

Relax. Don't be such reactionary fans. Step away from your computer and relax.

I haven't written off the Bills because they haven't signed anyone yet, my concern is the weak coaching staff, lack of talent accross the board and a brutal schedule that would lead to an 0-16 season if the season started tomorrow.

I can't believe the number of posts and comments I see on this board (and on some others boards, yes, I looked) that have wrote off the 2009 season because we didn't sign a big name player in Day 1 of Free Agency. It is completely moronic.

...and many more....

Conversely, a lot of you share my attitude that this is a process and can't be completed in one short day. I can almost guarantee that we will make a big trade of pickup this weekend or next week. But because it didn't happen at 2am Friday morning, or while a bunch of you stiffs were trying to cheer up your miserable lifes/work days with Bills free agency activity, the Bills were failures/are cheap/are being outplayed by losing Fred Taylor or not overpaying for Bart Scott or Jason Brown (who less than 10% of you ever knew about before this year).

Each his own. I give the Bills a lot of slack because I realize they aren't a big market team, but if you can't understand why folks get frustrated I don't know what to tell you. We are a bigger laughing stock than the Bengals were.

I love the team regardless, but the rose colored glasses are becoming more clear after this past season. I was at the gym this morning talking football and I mentioned to a guy that we (the Bills fans) had some excitement yesterday when Coles came to town. He almost laughed out loud at the fact that I thought a player of Coles caliber would sign with Buffalo. Doesn't bother me, I have been an out of town Bills fan for years, but I seriously don't think people in the region realize what a joke the rest of the football world thinks we are. We'll turn it around eventually (I hope), and I watch and support them regardless, but we are a punchline. Oh well, Go Bills!

You can say that about 31 teams in the league. Every fan wants a SB ring. Make the playoffs for a 100 years and it doesn't matter. The problem is that constant whining and bitching gets old very fast. If you're a fan you should have something positive to say once in awhile. :w00t:

No really you can only say it about two teams- Detroit and Buffalo no playoff appearances since 1998- how long will we be tied for first place?

I haven't written off the Bills because they haven't signed anyone yet, my concern is the weak coaching staff, lack of talent accross the board and a brutal schedule that would lead to an 0-16 season if the season started tomorrow.

Unless we do sign a "big name" free agent, we will continue to lack in talent. Not that a FA

always is an improvement (see Redskins FA history), but signing a 3 string QB and calling him

a number two (no pun intended) is ridiculous. Just shows the coaching staff is a joke.

I often get frustrated when things don't happen as quickly as you would like, but it is clear that teams who break the bank signing FA typically do not find great success. It is the teams that build their nucleus through the draft and add key contributors through FA. Our problem stems from a FO that has struggled with drafting and retaining our picks. We no doubt have a long way to go, but breaking the bank the first couple of days of FA is probably the very least of worries.

No really you can only say it about two teams- Detroit and Buffalo no playoff appearances since 1998- how long will we be tied for first place?

At least Detroit is out there trying hard to make a deal to improve their team. All we do is sign a quarterback that would be a #3 in the Arena League and call him our #2 QB. What an effort so far.

At least Detroit is out there trying hard to make a deal to improve their team. All we do is sign a quarterback that would be a #3 in the Arena League and call him our #2 QB. What an effort so far.

And you assume we're done why? What makes you think we won't make better signings? It's been one freakin day.

And you assume we're done why? What makes you think we won't make better signings? It's been one freakin day.

I guess my frustration makes it tough to see my point, but I was referring to the fact that he was the best QB we could sign to be our backup, when we have a fragile starter now? He was ranked what, 21st best FA QB on the market?

Some of the posts cited by the original poster were not about a lack of signings on the first day, but about the problems we have had over the last number of years with coaching, the draft and free agency. Frankly, I am tired of people telling us to relax and be patient, as if this FO deserves the benefit of the doubt.

So, lemme get this straight. Haven't been to the playoffs in how many years? Three consecutive 7-9 seasons. Retaining a coaching staff with a losing record. What do we have to look forward to this year?

Day 1 of FA signings and...

NY Jets sign LB Scott, trade for Lito Sheppard...

Fins sign two good safeties, and a cornerback right?

NE gets Fred Taylor....

Buffalo gets Ryan Fitzpatrick.

You want us to remain optimistic? We need a TE desperately now, our o-line has some serious issues, and we lost one of the better players on it. Lets face it, Dockery underperformed his contract but he was still one of the best players on that line. We have a fragile QB that just lost a big part of his protection package. We will probably lose more linemen. How will we replace those guys?

Furthermore, we have a running back that can't stay out of trouble, and will in all likelyhood miss a good portion of the season because of his off the field issues. Did I mention Juaron is returning after three consecutive 7-9 seasons when guys like John Gruden, Mike Shanahan, and Bill Cowher are out there? Coaches that have actually gone to the Superbowl, and won.

How are we supposed to remain optimistic? Did I miss something? I see all of these postings about stupid lurkers that post on here and don't know what they are talking about (and maybe I am one of them) but please enlighten me. Because in my eyes the glass ain't half empty, it is freaking dry.

...and many more....

Stiffs trying to cheer up our miserable lifes (is that a word?) up at 2:00 AM watching free agency? Who the hell are you, Bill freakin' Gates using a mask to cover your eyes so you get your 10-12 hours of power sleep every night?

And how exactly do you know that 90% of "us" had never head of Jason Brown or Bart Scott? Did you take a poll last year? Did you give a free agents of '09 written test or something? I must have missed it.

The Bills are not failures because they didn't sign Taylor, Brown or Scott. That does make them cheap, however, if they really wanted to sign them, but that of course is nothing new to us as Bills fans.

I will wait for your "almost guarantee" of a big trade or FA signing for the Bills this weekend or next without being "reactionary." But I do resent your insults at the fans that are upset they have waited for this process to happen. The FA's that have signed with teams already are certainly great players that would have certainly helped the Buffalo Bills, so those fans have a valid voice during this process too!

Our coaches are mediocre, our talent evaluation people are mediocre, we only sign backup type FAs and our owner is too old and cheap to recognize it. Our fans are the best. Look what the Jets are doing right now. This will come back and haunt us when we paly them. They have a motivating, inspiring coach and they are forming an aggressive, ,big , tough defense that will take no prisoners. We will simply be.... mediocre.

Being a BIlls fan, I have to imagine, is kinda like beinmg the parent of a mentally disabled child. You know deep down that your child will never be like the other teams errrr kids, but you love to watch them grow and still get happy with the little accomplishments. Its just hard sometimes.

...and many more....

I think these comments are all very appropriate for a franchise that hasnt sniffed the playoffs in 10 yrs. They havent earned our respect.Sorry.

So, lemme get this straight. Haven't been to the playoffs in how many years? Three consecutive 7-9 seasons. Retaining a coaching staff with a losing record. What do we have to look forward to this year?

Day 1 of FA signings and...

NY Jets sign LB Scott, trade for Lito Sheppard...

Fins sign two good safeties, and a cornerback right?

NE gets Fred Taylor....

Buffalo gets Ryan Fitzpatrick.

You want us to remain optimistic? We need a TE desperately now, our o-line has some serious issues, and we lost one of the better players on it. Lets face it, Dockery underperformed his contract but he was still one of the best players on that line. We have a fragile QB that just lost a big part of his protection package. We will probably lose more linemen. How will we replace those guys?

Furthermore, we have a running back that can't stay out of trouble, and will in all likelyhood miss a good portion of the season because of his off the field issues. Did I mention Juaron is returning after three consecutive 7-9 seasons when guys like John Gruden, Mike Shanahan, and Bill Cowher are out there? Coaches that have actually gone to the Superbowl, and won.

How are we supposed to remain optimistic? Did I miss something? I see all of these postings about stupid lurkers that post on here and don't know what they are talking about (and maybe I am one of them) but please enlighten me. Because in my eyes the glass ain't half empty, it is freaking dry.

The last line of this post sums up about everything. To those who say be patient I have been sine Jim kelly retired. My patience is growing very weary. I'd like to see one or two signings before any player that is a good possibility is gone.