We Have The Most Passionate Fans, But Also the Most Idiotic

CJPearl2

I can't believe the number of posts and comments I see on this board (and on some others boards, yes, I looked) that have wrote off the 2009 season because we didn't sign a big name player in Day 1 of Free Agency. It is completely moronic.

Here are only a few of the posts/comments:

cheap bills = 2-14 team in 2009

My message to the Buffalo Bills front office......simple (middle finger)

To those still optimistic, What are you waiting for?

Starting to wonder if FO is incompetent

...and many more....

Conversely, a lot of you share my attitude that this is a process and can't be completed in one short day. I can almost guarantee that we will make a big trade of pickup this weekend or next week. But because it didn't happen at 2am Friday morning, or while a bunch of you stiffs were trying to cheer up your miserable lifes/work days with Bills free agency activity, the Bills were failures/are cheap/are being outplayed by losing Fred Taylor or not overpaying for Bart Scott or Jason Brown (who less than 10% of you ever knew about before this year).

Relax. Don't be such reactionary fans. Step away from your computer and relax.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the number of posts and comments I see on this board (and on some others boards, yes, I looked) that have wrote off the 2009 season because we didn't sign a big name player in Day 1 of Free Agency. It is completely moronic.

...and many more....

Conversely, a lot of you share my attitude that this is a process and can't be completed in one short day. I can almost guarantee that we will make a big trade of pickup this weekend or next week. But because it didn't happen at 2am Friday morning, or while a bunch of you stiffs were trying to cheer up your miserable lifes/work days with Bills free agency activity, the Bills were failures/are cheap/are being outplayed by losing Fred Taylor or not overpaying for Bart Scott or Jason Brown (who less than 10% of you ever knew about before this year).

+

Yeah, people seriously need to get a grip on reality and remember than the fan experience is supposed to be stressful, but still FUN.

Very close to 'Nuff said. I'd add Steelers and Ravens to justify those thoughts.

I'll work on commission. Give me 2% of all the money I save on cuts.

Kelsay, gone. McCargo, gone. Ko, gone.

The guy was coming off an injury that usually takes two years to completely heal before a player gets his speed back. :w00t: He was a 4th round pick!! He's not making that much money. He's at least worth that money as a backup.

Ko Simpson Defensive Back 7/23/2006: Signed a four-year, $2.13 million contract. The deal included a $465,000 signing bonus. 2009: $530,000, 2010: Free Agent

...and many more....

Here's the Bills problem - they are neither good or exciting - if they were good but boring you could still enjoy watching them, if they were bad but exciting you could still enjoy watching them- but bad and boring makes them painful to watch.

Here's your problem- the nasty vile pessimistic Bills fans have been right for years

Here's the Bills problem - they are neither good or exciting - if they were good but boring you could still enjoy watching them, if they were bad but exciting you could still enjoy watching them- but bad and boring makes them painful to watch.

Here's your problem- the nasty vile pessimistic Bills fans have been right for years

You can say that about 31 teams in the league. Every fan wants a SB ring. Make the playoffs for a 100 years and it doesn't matter. The problem is that constant whining and bitching gets old very fast. If you're a fan you should have something positive to say once in awhile. :w00t:

In all reality there are not any real top level FAs I would be throwing alot of money at and it is really a weak group. Many guys were franchised or tendered by their respective teams. Hopefully we will make some smart signings and not overpay for 2nd and 3rd tier guys like we have done in the past.