OL Hangartner to visit Bills Friday

buffalo1983

Panthers free agent guard/center Geoff Hangartner is scheduled to visit Buffalo on Friday.

Hangertner has a good market as both a center and guard but Panthers offensive tackle Jordan Gross has been pushing to keep his buddy in Carolina.

But Buffalo, which cut guard Derrick Dockery on Thursday, will get first crack.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/ol-hangart...t-bills-friday/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked, the guy is our version of Chambers. Not a starter, but can be a great band-aid. Now, in all fairness, someone who couldn't crack the starting line-up on the Panthers O-Line would pry be good enough to start on most teams, so for the right price, sure. But as an answer to our problems on the line, tough to get excited.

Jason Brown-C- Ravens Feb. 27 - 1:01 am et

ESPN's John Clayton reports that free agent G/C Jason Brown has set up a formal visit with the Rams.

He figures to be in St. Louis on Friday. Brown is seeking a deal paying $8M annually after turning down the Ravens' $6 million-per-year proposal.

:D

Yeah, Tipster is at the top of his game for the start of FA. He hit the nail on the head. We'll sign this guy almost certainly. I read where he stepped in and played really well at C this year when Ryan Khalil went down for 8 games or so. I'm sure he's better than anything we had this past season.

Flip them and I agree

well the reason I wouldnt flip em is because Brown has stated that hes looking for a team that needs a guard...he prefers the guard position over center..so if Buffalo can guarentee him a guard posiotion it would give them a step ahead of a team only wanting him for center

I just took a trip over to the Panthers message board.

The collective feeling seems to be they liked him, will miss him and wish him well.

They seem to look at him as a better center prospect for us.

Now, remember they might just be nice people, not miserable, long suffering jaded fans like many of us. :D

Not the most exciting of players, but it looks like he has a great chance of signing with us.

With the release of Dockery, and Fowler & Preston being UFA's, it looks very good for Hangartner.

Also Mark, Whittle's not likely to return anyways so signing Hangartner doesn't rule out Jason Brown.

In fact, I bet with the Redskins re-signing DeAngelo Hall to a big deal and bringing in Chris Canty tomorrow that they are out of the Jason Brown sweepstakes. I'm thinking it might be down to the Bills and the Dolphins.

Regardless we need about 4 new interior OL.

well the reason I wouldnt flip em is because Brown has stated that hes looking for a team that needs a guard...he prefers the guard position over center..so if Buffalo can guarentee him a guard posiotion it would give them a step ahead of a team only wanting him for center

Tsai, I've gone to a million different news sources and haven't seen where he prefers to play guard.

All the stories are that he wants to be paid as a guard because the top guards (for some strange reason) make more than the top centers. I don't believe he has a preference where he plays, only how much he gets paid.

Also Mark, Whittle's not likely to return anyways so signing Hangartner doesn't rule out Jason Brown.

In fact, I bet with the Redskins re-signing DeAngelo Hall to a big deal and bringing in Chris Canty tomorrow that they are out of the Jason Brown sweepstakes. I'm thinking it might be down to the Bills and the Dolphins.

Regardless we need about 4 new interior OL.

Brown is visiting the Rams tomarrow aswell...so hoepfully he makes it to Buffalo

Tsai, I've gone to a million different news sources and haven't seen where he prefers to play guard.

All the stories are that he wants to be paid as a guard because the top guards (for some strange reason) make more than the top centers. I don't believe he has a preference where he plays, only how much he gets paid.

hmmm..I swear I saw it somewhere..my bad if I'm wrong...I could have mistaken what he said also

hmm on a side note...why does my new avatar make me feel so funny on the inside :D

I just took a trip over to the Panthers message board.

The collective feeling seems to be they liked him, will miss him and wish him well.

They seem to look at him as a better center prospect for us.

Now, remember they might just be nice people, not miserable, long suffering jaded fans like many of us. :D

When your team makes the playoffs, you tend to be happier. None of us around here have known that feeling for almost 10 years now.