OL Hangartner to visit Bills Friday

buffalo1983

You guys and the Jason Brown talk is hilarious.

Do you all realize that only the fans have shown interest in Brown, and the Bills haven't been mentioned in ANY avenue as a team that will covet him at all? You've all deemed the Bills as interested just because you want him.

He rejected a 6 year deal from the Ravens, and wants a huge contract. He's not comin' here, get over it guys.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well the reason I wouldnt flip em is because Brown has stated that hes looking for a team that needs a guard...he prefers the guard position over center..so if Buffalo can guarentee him a guard posiotion it would give them a step ahead of a team only wanting him for center

the only reason why brown said that is so he could get paid as a guard. More $

Do you all realize that only the fans have shown interest in Brown, and the Bills haven't been mentioned in ANY avenue as a team that will covet him at all? You've all deemed the Bills as interested just because you want him.

He rejected a 6 year deal from the Ravens, and wants a huge contract. He's not comin' here, get over it guys.

not true.

Do you realize that statement is wrong?

Florio threw the Bills' name into a PFT article...nothing concrete to be sure, but its not as if we're just making this stuff up ourselves, champ.

a panther's fan assessment of their guy visiting us:

NFL.com is reporting Panthers G/C Geoff Hangartner is visiting with the Bills tomorrow. Hangartner could be THE most underrated OL available this offseason. He was a backup for us, but started a bunch of games due to injury.

He's a capable starter with tons of upside and the Bills would be smart to sign him. Considering what Jason Brown will go for, Hangartner could be a real steal for whoever signs him.

He's gotten better every single year since being drafted in the 5th round out of Texas A&M in 2005. It wouldn't surprise me if he winds up in the Pro Bowl down the road at some point.

The only reason the Panthers aren't all over him is because they have less cap space than any team in the league and already have their starting line from last season in tact. Hangartner was our key reserve, though. It's going to suck losing a guy like that.

sounds promising!

He's young too, would be able to actually hold down a Center spot for years as opposed to just being a temporary band-aid.

Thats why I'm kinda iffy on bringing in a guy like Birk, he's insanely talented but the guy is 33. He's got what...one? Two years left in the tank?

Brown would be my first choice obviously, but if the bidding on him gets too outrageous then Hangartner seems to be a good solution to our problem.

Typical. Get rid of an expensive lineman to bring in another team's backup? Gonna save millions here, I guess that is what is most important.

Patience Grasshopper.

The only Bills interior lineman under contract is Brad Butler. They will have to add at least 4 guards/centers before camp begins. Hangartner is only the start.

He's young too, would be able to actually hold down a Center spot for years as opposed to just being a temporary band-aid.

Thats why I'm kinda iffy on bringing in a guy like Birk, he's insanely talented but the guy is 33. He's got what...one? Two years left in the tank?

Brown would be my first choice obviously, but if the bidding on him gets too outrageous then Hangartner seems to be a good solution to our problem.

We need to find TWO starting linemen though, don't we? Center and Left Guard? You could leave one of them for the draft, but you've still got to consider DE/TE/LB. Since Donahoe left the Bills have shown a tendency to sign offensive linemen rather than draft them. All this in mind, I would expect our FO to try to ink Hangartner quickly, and additionally at least be players for Brown or Birk.

Typical. Get rid of an expensive lineman to bring in another team's backup? Gonna save millions here, I guess that is what is most important.

I love posts like this; they add humor to my day (much needed). Yeah dude, in the wake of the Bills cutting a guard that cost them $49M, you want to say that Ralph is cheap. Awesome. Aside from the fact that Buffalo ate about $5M worth of guaranteed money by doing that, you completely ignore the fact that he handed out over $150M in contracts 2 years ago. Brilliant stuff.

Now, you can say that you don't like what players he spends the money on, but trying to sell the idea that Ralph won't throw big money around is just plain wrong.

We need to find TWO starting linemen though, don't we? Center and Left Guard? You could leave one of them for the draft, but you've still got to consider DE/TE/LB. Since Donahoe left the Bills have shown a tendency to sign offensive linemen rather than draft them. All this in mind, I would expect our FO to try to ink Hangartner quickly, and additionally at least be players for Brown or Birk.

Agreed.

Something to keep an eye on though...Brian Waters out of KC has asked for his ticket out of town. Guy is a Pro Bowler and probably could be had for a 2nd round draft pick.

Just stirring the pot.

Another Wittle clone

:D Not quite. He would be an upgrade to our center position, which really isn't saying much. He is a smart guy, who is well liked, but he isn't a dominant lineman. If he comes in and starts for us, he will likely be the forgotten man on the line. He won't wow anybody with his play, but he won't get overpowered and make mental errors either.

Whenever he stepped into a starting role for the Panthers, they never missed a beat.

I am not a big if they sign this guy. It seems like another outsmart everybody including ourselves move that is to typical from the Bills. Birk should be the target. Also Chris Brown brought up a good point about Brian Waters wanting out of KC...huge move to get him.

:lol: Not quite. He would be an upgrade to our center position, which really isn't saying much. He is a smart guy, who is well liked, but he isn't a dominant lineman. If he comes in and starts for us, he will likely be the forgotten man on the line. He won't wow anybody with his play, but he won't get overpowered and make mental errors either.

Whenever he stepped into a starting role for the Panthers, they never missed a beat.

Hey Ray!!!! I see you brought them back for the FA ba-de-ba!

:doh::thumbsup:

:lol:

I am not a big if they sign this guy. It seems like another outsmart everybody including ourselves move that is to typical from the Bills. Birk should be the target. Also Chris Brown brought up a good point about Brian Waters wanting out of KC...huge move to get him.

And you're willing to give up what to get Waters who has two years left on his contract?

:doh: Not quite. He would be an upgrade to our center position, which really isn't saying much. He is a smart guy, who is well liked, but he isn't a dominant lineman. If he comes in and starts for us, he will likely be the forgotten man on the line. He won't wow anybody with his play, but he won't get overpowered and make mental errors either.

You got to remember the panthers have alot better players around him than the Bills on the OL.