Bucs release DerrickBrooks, Warrick Dunn and Joey Galloway

Buccaneers released RB Warrick Dunn, LB Derrick Brooks, WR Joey Galloway, WR Ike Hilliard, and LB Cato June.

New GM Mark Dominik is not messing around. The names will be startling for Bucs fans, but June is the only name that surprises us. Dunn, Brooks, and Galloway's salaries exceeded their production at this stage of their careers. Dunn looked re-born playing with Tampa last season (1,116 total yards), and his great character should help get him interest on the market as a third-down back. Feb. 25 - 1:02 pm et

wow. I would take any of them. Brooks and Dunn are two of the classiest players in the league!

and both far, far past their prime. The three (Galloway included) are functionally useless at this point, unless (I guess) you want to infuse "class" in yout team and waste roster spots.

:worthy:

Brooks is arguably the greatest OLB in a cover 2 system ever. Anyone have any idea how he actually was last year? He would be the type of leader this team could really use.

There's really been nothing in the papers down here WRT letting those guys go. Brooks has been pretty dinged up the last few years really, a step or two slower also. Galloway's hamstring has put him on the bench quite a few times over the last few years too. Kinda surprised that they let Dunn go though, still a productive third down back, he'll probably get picked up. I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks and Galloway hang up the cleats.

WR-Clayton and SS-Phillips will probably test FA as they're not close in contract talks. Phillips had two broken arms last year and has a history of forearm problems. I think Clayton still could be a good number two receiver. Though he has had route problems.

Anyway, that's all I got. :D

The Bucs already had the most cap space of any NFL team before these moves.

Before these moves they were 42 million under the cap.

Haynesworth to the Bucs if they want him.

this is exactly what i thought when i read the post too. The Bucs have been in the running for Haynesworth. One of the only few teams that have been serious about offering him $100million+. This almost guarantees that they are going to make him a huge offer.

i guess if we cant have him, better he goes to the NFC.

Since Raheem Morris had been on hte Bucs staff for so long, I figured he'd be a continuation of that defense, but they distinctly seem to be moving away from the Tampa 2. It wasn't working for us when everyone was doing it, but maybe if we're the only bidder on T2 talent, we'll make something happen on D.