First players visiting....

gordon_g

Kelley Washington I don't get. As I stated earlier on another post, he's proven himself to only be a special teams player.

We just re-signed Justin Jenkins to continue to be our Sam Aiken successor. How many special teams receivers do the Bills want to carry?

The Kelley Washington stuff makes no sense to me. The Fred Taylor stuff makes perfect sense to me.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the subject at hand.

Firstly, Lynch at this point is a bit of a risk and we can't take any chances. If he messes up our season could go down the tubes. We need another running back. Proactive as an earlier poster said. Exactly.

Secondly, Jackson isn't going anywhere. He has to come back because he's restricted. The only way he doesn't come back is if he holds out. It will not come to that. He will sign because he has no leverage. He cannot sign with anyone else.

Thirdly, as was underscored last season in week 17 when Jackson was our only dependable back and the Bills drove him into the ground by the 4th quarter, we need another running back. Two dependable running backs isn't enough especially when it appears we will be doing lots of two back sets.

Finally, maybe Taylor signs with us and maybe not. Are we not supposed to at least try to sign him? His friendship with Stroud has been documented. If he had zero interest he wouldn't bother coming here. Maybe he's playing us for leverage and maybe not but the Bills should be commended for bringing him in.

This is the simplest game of connect the dots and everyone seems befuddled.

So much for moving on; you just proved Tigre's point. And I merely provided some additional background information in my first post in this thread. I haven't even come close to "jumping all over you" ... yet. Trust me, if/when it happens, you'll know.

Time to let gordon_g have his thread back. And that goes for everyone.

It is defintely time to move on, and has been. FYI though, for your own reference: Just because you don't get all childish and post insultvie posts like some others do (like Senator), doesnt mean you are not just as condecending as them, and when you are condescending its going to generate a response, especially when all I did was question his credibility when the very evidence he provided did not check out.

All that had to be said was that there was a crash and thats why his history was gone. End of discussion...but the condescending comments provoked my response with you.

Back to the subject at hand.

Firstly, Lynch at this point is a bit of a risk and we can't take any chances. If he messes up our season could go down the tubes. We need another running back. Proactive as an earlier poster said. Exactly.

Secondly, Jackson isn't going anywhere. He has to come back because he's restricted. The only way he doesn't come back is if he holds out. It will not come to that. He will sign because he has no leverage. He cannot sign with anyone else.

Thirdly, as was underscored last season in week 17 when Jackson was our only dependable back and the Bills drove him into the ground by the 4th quarter, we need another running back. Two dependable running backs isn't enough especially when it appears we will be doing lots of two back sets.

Finally, maybe Taylor signs with us and maybe not. Are we not supposed to at least try to sign him? His friendship with Stroud has been documented. If he had zero interest he wouldn't bother coming here. Maybe he's playing us for leverage and maybe not but the Bills should be commended for bringing him in.

This is the simplest game of connect the dots and everyone seems befuddled.

whoaaaaah

settle down there buddy.

many of you are overreacting. Big time

We havn't even received the details yet and many of you are looking to run Marshawn out of town.

Settle down everyone. Let's remember that he is our most productive football player, has tons of upside, very young and very passionate.

Remember

BEASTMODE!!

and he plays like it, with intensity and heart.

The guy is a very personable person, and before we rush to judge and lynch him (pardon the pun) shouldnt we get all the details first on the arrest.

I ask everyone who wishes to sign Fred Taylor.

How much should we pay for a third string runningback? $1million, $2million, $3million a year?

Haven't given up on this thread some of the posts are laughable though....

I supect there will be something more interesting in the next couple days, but won't promise anything. All I'm doing is passing on info that I hear though the grape vine, so to speak.

Had I know that the board crashed and history was lost I would have modified my first post.

I supect there will be something more interesting in the next couple days, but won't promise anything. All I'm doing is passing on info that I hear though the grape vine, so to speak.

Had I know that the board crashed and history was lost I would have modified my first post.

thanks for the effort gord

:devil: thanks!

whoaaaaah

settle down there buddy.

many of you are overreacting. Big time

We havn't even received the details yet and many of you are looking to run Marshawn out of town.

Settle down everyone. Let's remember that he is our most productive football player, has tons of upside, very young and very passionate.

Remember

BEASTMODE!!

and he plays like it, with intensity and heart.

The guy is a very personable person, and before we rush to judge and lynch him (pardon the pun) shouldnt we get all the details first on the arrest.

I ask everyone who wishes to sign Fred Taylor.

How much should we pay for a third string runningback? $1million, $2million, $3million a year?

Settle down there because I said he is "a bit of a risk?"

Doesn't seem like an unfair statement to me. And I'm not judging him. I'm stating a fact. Including college he's had 4 run-ins with the law. He's a bit of a risk.

In answer to Magox's question about Fred Taylor:

"How much should we pay for a third string running back? $1million, $2million, $3million a year?"

He would most likely be our 3rd string, or if you prefer, our 2B running back.

The best backup running backs typically make between $2-3 million per year.

Guys like Reuben Droughns and Julius Jones make about $1.5 million.

Mewelde Moore and Rudi Johnson made about $1.1 million.

I would guess he's not going to come here for less than $2 million. That of course depends on the duration of the contract and the guaranteed money.

By the way, for those criticizing the idea of bringing him in, aren't many of you the same people who say what a well run organization the Patriots are? Yeah well they're the other team with interest in Taylor.

I'm kind of intrigued by Washington. He was so outstanding in college that I thought he would have a great nfl career. Couldn't seem to break into the lineup regular at Cincy and apparently wasn't a huge contributor at New England. I'd like to see him get a shot here and see what he can do. When push comes to shove though you'd expect a guy to show real talent and break into the top ranks by five years. I'll pull for him if we sign him...but more for love of a UT grad than for any evidence of what he's shown in the NFL so far.

Fred Taylor would be a great pick up for 3 major reasons.

1. If Marshawn f-cks up again, which given his track record is a distinct possibility, he is done for the year.

2. Injuries are too common in today's NFL. 3 solid backs are better than 2.

2. Bringing is a guy who has been a "professional" RB in this league for many years to mentor Lynch, and still has some gas in the tank, is never a bad thing.

Your info is always appreciated, gord. :devil:

I'm kind of intrigued by Washington. He was so outstanding in college that I thought he would have a great nfl career. Couldn't seem to break into the lineup regular at Cincy and apparently wasn't a huge contributor at New England. I'd like to see him get a shot here and see what he can do. When push comes to shove though you'd expect a guy to show real talent and break into the top ranks by five years. I'll pull for him if we sign him...but more for love of a UT grad than for any evidence of what he's shown in the NFL so far.

You and me have talked about him throughout the years, tenny.

Head case coming in, straightened himself out. Chronic hamstring injuries - but when well, good hands, speed, big build, and a very, very hard hitter. He'd catch a ball and look for somebody to smash - hard.

I thought he'd get some playing time with NE - but we know them - play the starters regardless of score.

I can't see why some don't like the visit. That's all it is, and woe to the Bills (or any club) if they don't bring in players for a look-see.

I can't see why some don't like the visit. That's all it is, and woe to the Bills (or any club) if they don't bring in players for a look-see.

I find it odd that some folks are questioning why the Bills are bringing him in for a look. The last time I checked, our receiving corp was subpar. Right now, the way I see it, they have 4 guys who aren't going anyplace. Evans, Parrish, Hardy and Reed. Above and beyond that, it is wide open. Just because Jenkins signed an extension, it doesn't mean he isn't replaceable. I know some folks have a chubby for Steve Johnson because he looks cool with dreads, but he certainly isn't a lock either.