Pro Football Weekly's Analysis after we drafted Marshawn Lynch

12. Buffalo — RB Marshawn Lynch —

There’s enough talent to suggest he can have a good year or two, like Willis McGahee did, but I think Lynch’s problems will lie elsewhere. His character has been considered a little different by some NFL types, and he might not ever work out in Buffalo. And like McGahee, he could end up with another team after 3-4 years.

Linky

There’s enough talent to suggest he can have a good year or two, like Willis McGahee did, but I think Lynch’s problems will lie elsewhere. His character has been considered a little different by some NFL types, and he might not ever work out in Buffalo. And like McGahee, he could end up with another team after 3-4 years.

Linky

Pretty impressive prediction. I love spending first round picks on running backs. It always works out.

He was pretty accurate for the most part on all of the players he broke down. There's a few that he called busts that are good player thus far and players that he had expectations for that haven't panned out yet. He is more "spot on" than most other writers I can remember reading.

I was against the Bills drafting him but after they did I trusted that they had done their background checks thoroughly and he would be ok. I've cut him some slack up to and including his latest offense but my patience is wearing thin.

With FJ on the team I wouldn't mind if Buffalo traded Lynch for a first or second rounder.

He was pretty accurate for the most part on all of the players he broke down. There's a few that he called busts that are good player thus far and players that he had expectations for that haven't panned out yet. He is more "spot on" than most other writers I can remember reading.

well, considering you've got a 50/50 chance, I don't think this guy's predictions are anything groundbreaking.

You have to wonder why so many people on this board are convinced that lynch is responsible and good natured when you can see in this article that they were already on to him a being trouble.

They have blinders on.

Thats right Pole, listen to one guy and his article and make your decision based on that.....spot on, again!

You have to wonder why so many people on this board are convinced that lynch is responsible and good natured when you can see in this article that they were already on to him a being trouble.

They have blinders on.

And Jason Peters is a douche bag because he wants to be paid like a 2 x Pro Bowl LT.

Linky

The offseason they made this pick, I remember Marv talking about his drafting philosophy and what type of players he targets. His response was the "good character guys" one, but he laid it out as players with football character and not necessarily personality character. By this he meant does the player love to play football to the point that he will re-arrange his personal life around it. Thurman Thomas was a good example - he loved football, but was mess outside of it, something he fully admits now. This situation with Marshawn fits that sort of profile. I think for as much emphasis that is put on high character guys, I don't think anyone in the Bills organization really gives a rats ass about what these guys do in their off time as long as they don't wind up in media (a la Marshawn). Also, I think that if they see enough in him and like him as a player, they will make it a point to try to keep him and work with him until the situation becomes irreparable.

Linky

Sad but seems to be prophetic

Actually, you know what? I dont care anymore about having good characters with decent morals and values on the Bills roster. Sure, it would be great to have a team like that but it hasnt gotten us far at all. I am at the point now in my life as a Bills fan that if it takes having a team full of convicts and repeat offenders to get us to the playoffs then so be it. I dont think we have the luxury to wish that anymore.

Linky

I still love Marshawn the football player. Great effort. He'll grow up ...lets not panic and lose the guy for nothing.

You can pay him all he wants.........but he is still a douche bag

I still boogles my mind in a career where Peters could be injuried, never play again, and have the Bills not have to pay him another cent, he could be considered a douchebag. If I was in Peters' shoes and I was making less than Dockery and Kelsay, I'd be the biggest "douchebag" you ever meet.

But I'm sure all of you would be happy to sit back in your career when people far less accomplished as you make a lot more money than yourself. :doh:

Tcali, I feel that 3 strikes you're out, and Marshawn Lynch has had two mighty cuts "at bat" in Buffalo, and he's down to one left! The major issue is that he committed this latest snafu so early after his hit-and-run accident.... what is he learning if he's NOT disciplined for his many indescretions soon? I am fairly sure the NFL will turn a jaundice eye towards his problem before the season kicks off. Somewhere north of 4 games is my guess!

you go back and read all my post before the draft.......i wanted adrian peterson in the baddest way.i never thought minnesota would draft him,when they had chester taylor as their starter......the bills have to start drafting tough nasty cold weather players.......go bills in"2012