Rebuild the Wielinski home in Clarence Center

DanInSouthBuffalo

This is legit.

This is for Extreme Makeover Home edition to come in and rebuild the Wielinski home in Clarence Center hit by airplane on Thursday 2/12.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Hope4You/petition.html

This is a link to a petition to get Extreme Home Makeover to do a home for the Wielinski family.

PLEASE sign your name.... it just takes a moment of your time!!!!

PLEASE forward this to everyone in your address book!!!

This is a nice idea, but I would imagine these people have insurance and are likely going to receive one hell of a settlement from the airline. Money isn't going to bring back a lost loved one, but neither is a 5,000 square foot house with plasma TVs.

This is legit.

This is for Extreme Makeover Home edition to come in and rebuild the Wielinski home in Clarence Center hit by airplane on Thursday 2/12.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Hope4You/petition.html

This is a link to a petition to get Extreme Home Makeover to do a home for the Wielinski family.

PLEASE sign your name.... it just takes a moment of your time!!!!

PLEASE forward this to everyone in your address book!!!

I signed it but likely to be a fruitless effort. The airline and their insurance company / administrator will be on the hook to rebuild the home. I can only imagine that there will be a major settlement also given there was a death involved. I'm sure the family is devastated and maybe it will help ust a little knowing people made the effort to reach out.

Plus, would you want to rebuild and live in the same location that your husband / father perished along with 49 others?

Sorry, not me. Let the parcel go back to green.

Absolutely. And I'm sure that's what will be done, with a memorial. It's hallowed ground now.

Before starting this up, people might have waited for what the family's wishes are. It comes from the best of intentions, but it's help that may not be wanted.

EMHE doing a project like this would be the ultimate 'jumping the shark.' I just don't think they should, nor might they probably even want to attempt this story --- it's too big and too deep for reality teevee. That's just my opinion.

This is a nice idea, but I would imagine these people have insurance and are likely going to receive one hell of a settlement from the airline. Money isn't going to bring back a lost loved one, but neither is a 5,000 square foot house with plasma TVs.

absolutely---they will have insurance plus a settlement thats huge---at least they wont have to worry about money..-with all the horror they are going through

I signed it but likely to be a fruitless effort. The airline and their insurance company / administrator will be on the hook to rebuild the home. I can only imagine that there will be a major settlement also given there was a death involved. I'm sure the family is devastated and maybe it will help ust a little knowing people made the effort to reach out.

true---the people reaching out--would be a comfort.....but not rebuilding the house there.

I posted on the main board also. My brother works for the EC Highway Dept. He is out on medical leave this week, but said his boss got called in to move debris with a CAT. There are still various body parts all over the place. I won't describe what he told me, but it was gruesome.

I posted on the main board also. My brother works for the EC Highway Dept. He is out on medical leave this week, but said his boss got called in to move debris with a CAT. There are still various body parts all over the place. I won't describe what he told me, but it was gruesome.

horrible...must be awful for the neighbors as well....

Absolutely. And I'm sure that's what will be done, with a memorial. It's hallowed ground now.

Before starting this up, people might have waited for what the family's wishes are. It comes from the best of intentions, but it's help that may not be wanted.

EMHE doing a project like this would be the ultimate 'jumping the shark.' I just don't think they should, nor might they probably even want to attempt this story --- it's too big and too deep for reality teevee. That's just my opinion.

Questions. What makes this "hallowed ground"? Why should there be a memorial? Yes, something tragic happened here, but nothing sacred. There is no indication that there was an act of heroism (ie, Flight 93 - 9/11) that prevented something greater from happening. I would think that just a patch of green grass with some flowers and a simple marker is sufficient.

I would think that just a patch of green grass with some flowers and a simple marker is sufficient.

Maybe hallowed ground is the wrong term, but I agree with your "plan" above

I don't understand the new house thing though, because the Weilinski's will settle for multi-millions $$$$$$.

Money doesn't fix everything. I know they are going to get a nice settlement out of the deal, but perhaps the community showing support and wanting to do something nice for them might help as well. Even if this doesn't go through, just the gesture I believe would be greatly appreciated.

One thing I do agree with though, I think it would be tough for the family to have the house rebuilt on the exact location, as well as it being the final resting place for 50 individuals. But who is to say the house couldn't be built at a different location?

Questions. What makes this "hallowed ground"? Why should there be a memorial? Yes, something tragic happened here, but nothing sacred. There is no indication that there was an act of heroism (ie, Flight 93 - 9/11) that prevented something greater from happening. I would think that just a patch of green grass with some flowers and a simple marker is sufficient.

Dude, I don't want to sit here and debate qualifiers on what makes certain ground 'hallowed.' It is special ground for 50 families. Is that not enough? How many people need to die at a spot for it to hold special significance? This is like asking how much a human life is worth. What needs to be the manner of death? Who is the arbiter of deciding this? Looks like you've appointed yourself.

At the site of the RI nightclub fire, where ~100 people died, there are plans to eventually have a memorial when enough funding is raised (kind of sad that it's still basically a mud pit with privately placed wooden crosses and flowers, but then again, it took ~60 years and Tom Hanks' pleading for the WWII memorial to be built). What a proper memorial is for that, for this crash, or any site of tragedy, is to be determined by those most affected. Not some dude on an Internet message board.

Money doesn't fix everything. I know they are going to get a nice settlement out of the deal, but perhaps the community showing support and wanting to do something nice for them might help as well. Even if this doesn't go through, just the gesture I believe would be greatly appreciated.

One thing I do agree with though, I think it would be tough for the family to have the house rebuilt on the exact location, as well as it being the final resting place for 50 individuals. But who is to say the house couldn't be built at a different location?

different location....now thats a good idea. And would do a lot to heal the family..

Dude, I don't want to sit here and debate qualifiers on what makes certain ground 'hallowed.' It is special ground for 50 families. Is that not enough? How many people need to die at a spot for it to hold special significance? This is like asking how much a human life is worth. What needs to be the manner of death? Who is the arbiter of deciding this? Looks like you've appointed yourself.

At the site of the RI nightclub fire, where ~100 people died, there are plans to eventually have a memorial when enough funding is raised (kind of sad that it's still basically a mud pit with privately placed wooden crosses and flowers, but then again, it took ~60 years and Tom Hanks' pleading for the WWII memorial to be built). What a proper memorial is for that, for this crash, or any site of tragedy, is to be determined by those most affected. Not some dude on an Internet message board.

Dude - I'm not debating it either. It is significant, but does every spot that has a tragic event have to be "memorialized"? The WWII memorial has significance because there was a mitigating factor, Hitler and the attack on Pearl Harbor. This event does not, other than human / equipment error.