Am I the only one....

Armchair GM

Ralphy boy wants to bolster the talent on the offense. By short term, I mean a 2 yr contract, at most. Josh Reed is meant to play in the slot, where I think he'll have his best year so far if we are able to move him there. Hardy will be coming off a major injury from which his rehab may extend into the first few weeks of the upcoming season, possibly on PUP, besides that, he needs some experience under his belt and work on his route running. I like Steve J, but he needs too much work to fill in as a viable #2 threat. I think this may be an area we address in FA. My wish list, in order:

1.) Amani Toomer

2.) Reggie Williams

3.) Bryant Johnson

4.) Michael Clayton

Any thoughts?

Steve Johnson should start opposite Evans. Put Reed in the slot and move Parrish to special situations only.

+1

I'd like to be optimistic about Hardy, but he's going to spend the entire offseason rehabbing his ACL. Don't expect meteoric improvements from him this year. We should try Stevie out as our possession receiver.

I'm very excited to see Steve Johnson next year. He came on very strong at the end of the season and I think he's gonna build on it. I'm looking for him to claim the number two spot in camp, moving Reed to the slot where he can be most effective. This moves Parrish to a 4th WR spot, where he belongs.

At 6'2" Steve Johnson has the size too. He ran some great slants last year and made some great catches.

And don't count out Hardy. I know he's hurt but he's gonna come back strong. I hope he uses the down time to watch film and digest the playbook while rehabbing his knee. He's too physcally gifted not to be a contributor somewhere down the line.

I don't think we need a WR. But we need a TE in the worst ind of way.

Ralphy boy wants to bolster the talent on the offense. By short term, I mean a 2 yr contract, at most. Josh Reed is meant to play in the slot, where I think he'll have his best year so far if we are able to move him there. Hardy will be coming off a major injury from which his rehab may extend into the first few weeks of the upcoming season, possibly on PUP, besides that, he needs some experience under his belt and work on his route running. I like Steve J, but he needs too much work to fill in as a viable #2 threat. I think this may be an area we address in FA. My wish list, in order:

1.) Amani Toomer

2.) Reggie Williams

3.) Bryant Johnson

4.) Michael Clayton

Any thoughts?

I THINK YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE......

1.) Amani Toomer

2.) Reggie Williams

3.) Bryant Johnson

4.) Michael Clayton

Any thoughts?

If one of those guys is enough of a burner to consistantly pull the double coverage off of Evans, then yeah. Otherwise, nah.

I feel like if you can't get Houshmanzadeh then there isn't really anyone out there that fits what we really need. Sadly James Hardy and Steve Johnson probably are our best options and it is good news that they are on our team and showed very high desire last season. We all know the talent that these guys have. It will be imparative to the Bills that one of the 2 pan out. Otherwise Williams or Clayton look decent but not spectacular. Barely upgrades at this point, with much less upside than what we already have... Now that being said, if the price is right and they want competition, I'd bring in any of the 4

I feel like if you can't get Houshmanzadeh then there isn't really anyone out there that fits what we really need. Sadly James Hardy and Steve Johnson probably are our best options and it is good news that they are on our team and showed very high desire last season. We all know the talent that these guys have. It will be imparative to the Bills that one of the 2 pan out. Otherwise Williams or Clayton look decent but not spectacular. Barely upgrades at this point, with much less upside than what we already have... Now that being said, if the price is right and they want competition, I'd bring in any of the 4

If we got Whosyourmama, I might even re-instate my Sunday ticket. :)

1.) Amani Toomer

2.) Reggie Williams

3.) Bryant Johnson

4.) Michael Clayton

Any thoughts?

Reed is better than every WR on your list...I would take Steve Johnson over any of them too at this point. Toomer is solid, but how is he any better than Reed?

Williams, Johnson and Clayton are terrible...as the #2 WR in a significantly better passing offense than we had, Bryant managed a mere 45 catches for 500 yards and 3 TD's in a contract year where he was playing to get paid like a #1 WR. 7 times he had 3 catches or less...12 times he had 60 yards or less...

Reed, playing in 3 LESS games than Bryant, had 11 more catches, 100 more yards and far less drops...

Neither Williams or Clayton even broke 40 catches...Heck Wililams had less than 400 yards too and lost his starting job...

So, how on earth are any of these guys a fix? How are they better than Reed who was more productive in offenses where we had a less productive QB and played in fewer games?

And thats not even addressing the fact that bringing one of these guys in would cut into Steve Johnsons development...

totally agree that we need to add a veteran wr, but was not excited by any of the names mentioned. Wee don't need a big name, just somebody with speed, like a Dennis Northcutt, who's kickked around but can catch a football. WE were caught very short last year when Reed went down.

What we really need is simply a WR that runs precise routes and catches the ball when it hits his hands. I could live with another Josh Reed, for example. I've said before that it really seemed like Trent's struggles coincided with Reed going down, as the young QB couldn't trust the young WRs to run their routes. Since Roscoe is really more or less a #4 WR, lets just hope that Stevie Johnson can continue to progress and that Hardy has been watching plenty of film during his rehab.

I wouldn't mind bringing in another guy to compete on a one to three year deal as long as he wasn't in the way of getting the young guys on the field. I think a vet would make a big difference on a hand full of plays a game - maybe in the more clutch circumstances. I also think that a better TE option does the same thing as getting a vet WR and probably more. The money would be better spent on the TE.