Top Ten most miserable cities to live in

PromoTheRobot

As of the last cencus in 2000, Buffalo dropped from the 45th largest metropolis to the 54th. We'll be in the 60s by 2010, and our population will be less than it was in 1900.

I am sure you are right. I moved away in 1989, as did pretty much all of my friends, who all just graduated from college. I will be damned though, if more and more people that I know have been moving back to Buffalo in the last few years. I must admitt, I think about it more and more... anyone else noticed this?

i know all that, i guess i just have no perspective, i guess i thought they were all top 50....like i said in many other threads...i am not a smart man...

Syracuse? Syracuse is smaller than Rochester and Albany.

NYC Population > Buffalo > Rochester > Albany > Syracuse

I am sure you are right. I moved away in 1989, as did pretty much all of my friends, who all just graduated from college. I will be damned though, if more and more people that I know have been moving back to Buffalo in the last few years. I must admitt, I think about it more and more... anyone else noticed this?

Yes. We almost did about a year ago, but the housing market killed that (couldn't sell this house in GA). I've a couple cousins that have moved back as well as a few friends.

My wife is from here in GA and even she wants to live up there sometime in the future... she loves EA, OP... all of those towns and whatnot. Hamburg has kind of gone to hell, but perhaps that's just until they get all of those traffic circles complete.

I would seriously consider it if there were appropriate job opportunities (which there are not). My brother though is ticking the days off until he can leave the city. His main complaint is that he can earn a much better living elsewhere and the tax situation is killing him right now.