Trent Edwards interview with Mike Francesa

1billsfan

:wallbash: Good one!

JP should do the same. no? 10 wins in 5 years and we still have a teary eyed bunch, pining away for him. Imagine if he could have won 11 games instead of 10 in 5 years! The fanboys would erect a shrine! :wallbash:

Just can't leave any thread without a JP comment, can ya Bill. The post was about YOUR OBSESSION and not about JP. You are becoming a running joke, here, and it is sad. I think we need an intervention!

EDIT: Actually, to be more clear, I think the post you responded to was about your man-crush on Trent, and your inability to look at him objectively, or find any fault with him. Your post demonstrated your obsession with JP and your inability to judge the meaning of posts, and refrain from bringing JP into discussions that aren't about him, in any way.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting Mike FAT-cesa is asking Trent about the critics considering he ripped Edwards the day after the loss to the Browns and continued to rip him the rest of the season. Fat Mike is such a phony. He should have asked Edwards about the Browns game and what went wrong there.

His show stinks without Dog.

Fat Mike is also the guy who:

- predicted the Jets would run the table after beating the Patriots in the Thursday night games.

- was pondering how they would host two playoff games at the Meadowlands on one weekend

- hyping an all-New York Super Bowl in mid-November.

Overall I thought it was a very good interview. Actually, to me it sounds like he likes the situation here. If you ever have listened to Tom Brady he used to talk about that as well.....the fact that it is difficult to adjust to new environments/city etc...Foxboro Massachusetts is not exactly a thrill seekers paradise. Closer to Providence than Boston and for those of us who have lived in Boston Foxboro to Boston during rush hour could take as long as the drive from Buffalo to Syracuse.

I think for Trent Buffalo is an ideal situation and it sounds like he knows that and likes the environment and the people.

The New York media does always make it sound like nothing goes on here, small market etc....however, they do fail to realize Buffalo is within an hours drive of about 10 million plus people so it's not like we are in Siberia here. From the sounds of it I do not think Trent would really like to play in New York or a real big city (NY/DC) especailly with those media types. Thanks for posting the interview.

EDIT: Actually, to be more clear, I think the post you responded to was about your man-crush on Trent, and your inability to look at him objectively, or find any fault with him. Your post demonstrated your obsession with JP and your inability to judge the meaning of posts, and refrain from bringing JP into discussions that aren't about him, in any way.

Yeah, sure. The lovelorn fanboys are still the biggest critics of a good young quarterback. That is something you will never admit, and I never really thought that you would join this miserable club of tormented souls. Laugh it off as you will, but other posters see it and have stated it.

As for me, I think that Trent will be very good, and I'm not "in the closet" about this. If I am wrong, I will fess up and get over it. I even hereby promise not to make excuses for 5 years, and blast his replacement about nonsense (his sister's appearance, or not enough 300 yard games, win or lose)before he gets a fair chance.

One of the funniest (in a pathetic way) things that I've noticed on this board over the past couple of years is the subset of fans who equate any criticism of Edwards with a pro-Losman mindset. What follows, of course, is that the Edwards critic is, obviously, a "JP Fanboy".

Let it go, people.

One of the funniest (in a pathetic way) things that I've noticed on this board over the past couple of years is the subset of fans who equate any criticism of Edwards with a pro-Losman mindset. What follows, of course, is that the Edwards critic is, obviously, a "JP Fanboy".

Let it go, people.

When you have two QBs mired in a controversy over a 2 year period, what else do you expect. I myself was a big supporter of Losman during the early days to let him learn how to play and his 3rd year was a pretty good year. Of course his game instead of getting better got worse and was benched for a rookie who seemed to raise to the occasion in the W-L column.

THen we go4-0 and 5-1, and then a mighty fall aided by the team as a whole...What do you expect...Everyone has to show their frustration on someone. Some folks have chosen Losman as the punch bag and some have Edwards.

Yeah, sure. The lovelorn fanboys are still the biggest critics of a good young quarterback. That is something you will never admit, and I never really thought that you would join this miserable club of tormented souls. Laugh it off as you will, but other posters see it and have stated it.

As for me, I think that Trent will be very good, and I'm not "in the closet" about this. If I am wrong, I will fess up and get over it. I even hereby promise not to make excuses for 5 years, and blast his replacement about nonsense (his sister's appearance, or not enough 300 yard games, win or lose)before he gets a fair chance.

Take a look in the mirror from time to time. You are the exact same poster as those whom you despise. Just with a different name.

Perhaps someday we'll be able to criticize trent without you making it a losman thread. Because right now, you're the only one still whining and bellyaching about JP in each and every thread.

Bill, the point is, the only "real" poster who comes across as anyone's fanboy these days, is you. And it isn't even so much in your love of Trent, as it is in your seeming inability to not trash JP...even out of the blue, when nobody, except you, is thinking about him.

That's the last I'll say about this. But I'm saying it as a guy who likes you, and, respects your football sense. Just see if you can go week without mentioning JP.

I wish as the Dean said, they'd a asked him what he's doing to get acclimated to the cold. Has been a weakness in his game. Obviously nothing. He doesn't need anything organized. Go out and jog 6 miles in shorts or light sweats 4 days a week. Throw through a tire on a windy day. It would be better than what he's doing now.

The thing I heard which bothered me was when he said he what really ticks him off is when people who haven't played a down in an NFL game have the nerve to criticize him. If you can't handle that, your skin is waaaaaaaaaayyyy too thin to be a QB in this league. I also remember a remark by Al Michaels in the MNF game against the Clowns saying that Trent could tell you every QB drafted ahead of him and how much $$$ they get compared to him and how much he's played and how much they've played. Way too concerned about the wrong things.

I don't know, just seems that Trent doesn't have the fire in his belly, the win at all costs attitude of a guy like Jim Kelly or John Elway or David Gerrard or Roger Staubach or Big Ben. I question if he has the attention span to keep it going for 16 weeks. He starts strong for the first 5 or 6 games and then loses it almost to the point whereit looks like he's punching a time clock. Did that in 07 and 08.

Oh well, he's the man as of today anyway so I support him 100%

Go BILLS !! 2009 campaign is on!

For all those who thanked me for posting the interview, you're very welcome.

I can't believe the wide ranging responses to my observations. I really didn't think I was being that mean towards Trent, so I had to go back and listen to the interview and re-read my comments. I still don't get the part where this has anything to do with JP Losman. I may have been late to the party there, but Losman did indeed fail here. The Losman "fanboy" argument is gone people. Trent has been the man for a year and a half year now. Can some of you guys (you know who you are) get past it already?

Maybe I'm wrong, but as a fan I expect the starting QB to adopt the city he plays in. Did Brady leave Foxborough for six months? Did Payton leave Indy for six months? Did Kurt Warner leave St. Louis? Did Rothlesberger leave Pitt? Did Brees leave New Orleans? Did Kelly leave Buffalo once he arrived here? Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I get the distinct feeling that none of those QBs left for anything longer than a month long vacation.

Sorry, if I've got a problem with Trent leaving Buffalo to go play golf for six months. This is not new, I complained about it last year. After that interview, I got the impression that he thinks he's much better than he really is and doesn't take any amount of criticisms very well (btw, he's not the only player on this team that thinks he's better than he really is). He needs to either get better or grow a much thicker skin.

:doh: Good one!

JP should do the same. no? 10 wins in 5 years and we still have a teary eyed bunch, pining away for him. Imagine if he could have won 11 games instead of 10 in 5 years! The fanboys would erect a shrine! :blink:

First: let me just say that I'm not a JP or Trent fan...I don't think either of them are capable NFL quarterbacks. Secondly: you, Bill, are the person that brought JP into this thread (and did it twice, just in case we missed it the first time!). So perhaps it isn't the JP "fanboys" that are stuck on him. Perhaps it is the Trent "fanboys" (man do I hate that term) that cling to the "he's not Losman" point as the best argument to demonstrate that he's a good quarterback.

Kelly hated Buffalo so much he bought a home here. As for the other two, I'll have to take your word on it.

Kelly has said a number of times that the day he was drafted by the bills he cried. He liked Buffalo so much he decided to play in the USFL until that league folded. The point is he learned to love Buffalo, but in the beginning that was not the case.

:blink:

Not for nothing but it is quite comical how these threads keep going and going and going..To top it off its the same 4 keeping them going most of the time.Oh yeh and one who denies he is jumping on or off the bandwagon but is the loudest supporter without putting his so called weiner on the line and stating such..Time will tell if Trent is a good qb or not..If not move on to the next one....If he is so be it..

I wish as the Dean said, they'd a asked him what he's doing to get acclimated to the cold. Has been a weakness in his game. Obviously nothing. He doesn't need anything organized. Go out and jog 6 miles in shorts or light sweats 4 days a week. Throw through a tire on a windy day. It would be better than what he's doing now.

The thing I heard which bothered me was when he said he what really ticks him off is when people who haven't played a down in an NFL game have the nerve to criticize him. If you can't handle that, your skin is waaaaaaaaaayyyy too thin to be a QB in this league. I also remember a remark by Al Michaels in the MNF game against the Clowns saying that Trent could tell you every QB drafted ahead of him and how much $$$ they get compared to him and how much he's played and how much they've played. Way too concerned about the wrong things.

I don't know, just seems that Trent doesn't have the fire in his belly, the win at all costs attitude of a guy like Jim Kelly or John Elway or David Gerrard or Roger Staubach or Big Ben. I question if he has the attention span to keep it going for 16 weeks. He starts strong for the first 5 or 6 games and then loses it almost to the point whereit looks like he's punching a time clock. Did that in 07 and 08.

Oh well, he's the man as of today anyway so I support him 100%

Go BILLS !! 2009 campaign is on!

Your one of the haters that Bill Talks about. Michaels never announce either of the Monday Night Football games that Trent appeared. So either you have a real bad short term memory or you have some stupid hidden agenda about Edwards & need to make up sh*t about him. My guess it is the latter.

Your one of the haters that Bill Talks about. Michaels never announce either of the Monday Night Football games that Trent appeared. So either you have a real bad short term memory or you have some stupid hidden agenda about Edwards & need to make up sh*t about him. My guess it is the latter.

whoever the announcer was is irrelevant; the fact is that edwards did say those things about knowing who every qb ahead of him was, when they were drafted, and how much $$ they made.