Trent Edwards interview with Mike Francesa

1billsfan

whoever the announcer was is irrelevant; the fact is that edwards did say those things about knowing who every qb ahead of him was, when they were drafted, and how much $$ they made.

Alright, then he said them. So what? Maybe he uses it as motivation. I questioned it because Michaels does not do the Monday night games & I was at both Monday night games so I did not get to hear the announcers on TV.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, then he said them. So what? Maybe he uses it as motivation. I questioned it because Michaels does not do the Monday night games & I was at both Monday night games so I did not get to hear the announcers on TV.

For what it's worth, I heard the same story (forget from whom), but I agree with your interpretation, Gord. It's not a bad thing, doesn't sound like any obsession and fairly certain it doesn't get in his way. I wouldn't be concerned that he is worried about the "wrong things", based on something like that.

With that said, sometimes the greats don't break through until they change the way they prepare, or have some sort of epiphany. I'd hate to have Trent fail here, and figure it out at his next team, be very successful, and say something like this. "The experience in Buffalo made me realize...(blah, blah)...I've changed the way I prepare during the offseason...(blah, blah)...I never thought I'd be playing in the Super Bowl, much less be the MVP." :blink:

Your one of the haters that Bill Talks about. Michaels never announce either of the Monday Night Football games that Trent appeared. So either you have a real bad short term memory or you have some stupid hidden agenda about Edwards & need to make up sh*t about him. My guess it is the latter.

I don't hate the Bills. I traveled from Seattle to Buffalo to see both the Seahawks and Clowns game, cheering for the Bills both times. And, I TIVOed the both games and re watched them when I got back home. That's how I knew MIKE TIRICO said what reportedly Trent had said. If I hated the Bills I certainly wouldn't go to all that trouble. I admit I was wrong about who the announcer was, good catch by the way. Thanks.

Of course there are different ways to take what people say, especially when you don't actually hear him say it. I took it to mean he felt snubbed that those other guys were drafted ahead of him, make more money, and don't play, like he does. After hearing him being so upset that people who never took an NFL snap have the nerve to criticize him, I think is consistent. Hopefully though, he uses it as motivation.

It is possible to be a fan and still question some of our players and not just cheer no matter what.

I'll close this post the same way I did my "hating" post earlier:

Oh well, he's the man (Trent Edwards) as of today anyway so I support him 100%

Go BILLS !! 2009 campaign is on!

For what it's worth, I heard the same story (forget from whom), but I agree with your interpretation, Gord. It's not a bad thing, doesn't sound like any obsession and fairly certain it doesn't get in his way. I wouldn't be concerned that he is worried about the "wrong things", based on something like that.

With that said, sometimes the greats don't break through until they change the way they prepare, or have some sort of epiphany. I'd hate to have Trent fail here, and figure it out at his next team, be very successful, and say something like this. "The experience in Buffalo made me realize...(blah, blah)...I've changed the way I prepare during the offseason...(blah, blah)...I never thought I'd be playing in the Super Bowl, much less be the MVP." :blink:

That is the thing, I would hate to see Trent fail here. I did not want to see Losman fail. But he did & that was pretty apparent to me early in the 07 season that this guy just does not get it. The book is still out on Edwards. Hopefully it works out. He needs to play better then he did last year.

I don't hate the Bills. I traveled from Seattle to Buffalo to see both the Seahawks and Clowns game, cheering for the Bills both times. And, I TIVOed the both games and re watched them when I got back home. That's how I knew MIKE TIRICO said what reportedly Trent had said. If I hated the Bills I certainly wouldn't go to all that trouble. I admit I was wrong about who the announcer was, good catch by the way. Thanks.

Of course there are different ways to take what people say, especially when you don't actually hear him say it. I took it to mean he felt snubbed that those other guys were drafted ahead of him, make more money, and don't play, like he does. After hearing him being so upset that people who never took an NFL snap have the nerve to criticize him, I think is consistent. Hopefully though, he uses it as motivation.

It is possible to be a fan and still question some of our players and not just cheer no matter what.

I'll close this post the same way I did my "hating" post earlier:

Oh well, he's the man (Trent Edwards) as of today anyway so I support him 100%

Well, if you knew Mike Tirico said it why did you say Al Michaels then?

I'm grateful that you posted the interview. As for your take, I'm grateful that you're not in charge of interpreting anything for anyone but yourself. Couldn't disagree more with your take. But thanks again for posting the interview.

i agree.

Well, if you knew Mike Tirico said it why did you say Al Michaels then?

Uhhhmmmmmm, because the game was 4 months ago. I did that post after the All Star Game and listening to Al Michaels (I think). Al Michaels used to do MNF. In other words, an honest mistake.

Others have corroborated the quote (not exact word for word). Shouldn't that be enough?

Uhhhmmmmmm, because the game was 4 months ago. I did that post after the All Star Game and listening to Al Michaels (I think). Al Michaels used to do MNF. In other words, an honest mistake.

Others have corroborated the quote (not exact word for word). Shouldn't that be enough?

I was just wondering. Thanks for clearing it up.

I am wondering whether or not you think that there is anything wrong with his comments about qbs selected in front of him? This cost him millions of dollars. Why would he not be annoyed?

Jamarcus Russell isn't really setting the world on fire, and he probably signed for literally 10 times what Trent got paid.

I have no link (nor the name of an announcer :blink: ), but I remember Thurman saying that he was furious about being drafted in round 2. Was that a bad thing? Maybe there is a kind if stigma these guys have that resembles how some people feel about not going to "elite" colleges. My daughter graduated from an Ivy, and has been told by hundreds of people that they "could have" gone to (fill in the blank Ivy).

If he can remember all of the names of those drafted ahead of him, maybe it's because ge went to Stanford. :doh:

Seriously, if he is confident I consider it a good thing, not a problem.

I remember Thurman saying that he was furious about being drafted in round 2.

Indeed, Bill. It was always a chip on Thurman's shoulder, even after TT became a big success. He used it as motivation. I hope Trent uses it the same way.

Thurman being furious about his draft position was because he was an awesome college player that only dropped due to worries about an injury.

The only similarities between Thurman and Trent's college careers is that they both got hurt.. with Edwards getting hurt a hell of a lot more. Thomas was an awesome college player. Edwards? Not so much.

Thurman being furious about his draft position was because he was an awesome college player that only dropped due to worries about an injury.

The only similarities between Thurman and Trent's college careers is that they both got hurt.. with Edwards getting hurt a hell of a lot more. Thomas was an awesome college player. Edwards? Not so much.

That's irrelevant though bizell.

If in a person's mind they feel they were slighted and use it for motivation, that's all that matters. It really doesn't matter how good they were.

I could think I'm the best poster on this board. It's probably not true but if I think I am then that's all that matters...what's in my mind.

That's irrelevant though bizell.

If in a person's mind they feel they were slighted and use it for motivation, that's all that matters. It really doesn't matter how good they were.

I could think I'm the best poster on this board. It's probably not true but if I think I am then that's all that matters...what's in my mind.

Well, I certainly hope he motivates himself. Buffalo has (and still is) looking for a legitimate QB ever since Jim Kelly left. Maybe he can be that guy.

Well, I certainly hope he motivates himself. Buffalo has (and still is) looking for a legitimate QB ever since Jim Kelly left. Maybe he can be that guy.

I hope so too. By the way, when Trent was a senior in high school (and you might already know this) he was considered the consensus best "pro style" quarterback available. He was recruited by Notre Dame, Florida, Michigan, and Tennessee.

Probably in his mind he's always thought of himself as a top notch quarterback. I hope so. It would be an asset as a quarterback to have that sort of mind set.