Our WR's are better as Reed has improved and Lee is still Lee

Our Secondary is much better

Our LB core (when healthy) is probably about the same

Our ST is even better

Weaker areas are DE as Schobel has aged and been injured since

Areas that are about the same are:

QB - Still no production, still sucks

TE - Sucked then, sucks now

I swear, this board is full of drama queens...

Yet the record is only 2 wins more than the 05 team after three complete seasons of rebuilding. The question no one is asking is why aren't they significantly better after 3 seasons of rebuilding.

It doesn't matter if the team has better individual players. What counts is how they play as a team.

As for QB play, you criticize a guy who has 23 career starts under his belt. Demanding outstanding play from a guy with less than a season and a half of starts is insanity. Most guys don't begin at a Flacco or Ryan level and improve from there. BTW, TE is 11-10 in games he finishes, though he needs to be more durable.

Demand accountability from the franchise, and if a 2 win improvement over 3 seasons is good enough, well, to each his own.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until you provide a statistic that shows me the Bills had a significantly higher YAC rate as a team than the Ravens, that argument holds no weight. And Trent's first 5 games were MUCH superior to Flacco's. Are a QB's numbers down the stretch more important than his statistics at the beginning of the season? Clearly you trust QB rating as a grading system for QBs, and Trent had the higher QB rating this season. His was 85, Flacco's was 80. No bones about it.

Trent had a good 1st 5 games then he REGRESSED terribly while Flacco got BETTER as the year went on & played VERY WEll at the end of the year at CRUNCH TIME.

As for QB play, you criticize a guy who has 23 career starts under his belt. Demanding outstanding play from a guy with less than a season and a half of starts is insanity.

Interesting you should say that...

What? Are you crazy? We are a lot better than we were 3 years ago...our issue is that we are no better at QUARTERBACK than we were 3 years ago.

Our QB play between Trent and JP was terrible in 2008...Trent only passed for more than one TD once and it was when he threw a whopping 2 against the worst pass D in the league in KC. Trent only passed for more than 200 yards 6 times and only has amassed 200 yards in 8 of his 24 games in his career with never eclipsing the 300 yard mark...

I swear, this board is full of drama queens...

Stop be a passive agressive JP promoter and let your love simply gush.

Trent had 7 games over 200, not 6. He has 9 in 2 abbreviated seasons. Remember, he didn't get in until JP stunk up the field. He has 9 300 yd. plus games in this same span. JP had 11 in 5 years.

Trent won in 12 of his starts. JP has a whopping 10 wins in 5 years.

There is a difference. We have a better quarterback now than we did when Losman was the starter. Will he be good enough to take us to the playoffs with Jauron? I think so, but if anybody can screw him up, Jauron is the man.

Trent had 7 games over 200, not 6. He has 9 in 2 abbreviated seasons. Remember, he didn't get in until JP stunk up the field. He has 9 300 yd. plus games in this same span. JP had 11 in 5 years.

There is a difference. We have a better quarterback now than we did when Losman was the starter. Will he be good enough to take us to the playoffs with Jauron? I think so, but if anybody can screw him up, Jauron is the man.

It's funny you use 'abbreviated' to describe the length of time edwards has been in, as if jp losman's tenure was unabbreviated to try and make edwards look that much better. we get it, you like edwards and don't like losman.

It's funny you use 'abbreviated' to describe the length of time edwards has been in, as if jp losman's tenure was unabbreviated to try and make edwards look that much better. we get it, you like edwards and don't like losman.

what sane person wouldn't like edwards better than losman?

I get it!

Its also amusing that since Trent has started nearly as many games as JP, all of a sudden, its "years in the league" that matter. I'm still wondering why some people <cough>BILL<cough> can't let go of JP Losman. He's no longer a buffalo bill. Criticisms of the starting QB, Trent, are strictly that, criticisms of his poor level of play.

But i suppose it will be 2014 and Bill will still be blaming JP for whatever-QB is-currently-starting-at-the-time's failures and shortcomings.

He's no longer a buffalo bill.

Well if you want to get technical he is still under contract for a few more weeks I believe.

I'm so glad he'll be gone and will never step on the field for the Bills again. I don't blame him for the team's shittyness entirely...he's just a sh------- quarterback.

If this stupid defense we run is designed to only rush 4...then we better get some damn better DE's to play!

Its also amusing that since Trent has started nearly as many games as JP, all of a sudden, its "years in the league" that matter. I'm still wondering why some people <cough>BILL<cough> can't let go of JP Losman. He's no longer a buffalo bill. Criticisms of the starting QB, Trent, are strictly that, criticisms of his poor level of play.

But i suppose it will be 2014 and Bill will still be blaming JP for whatever-QB is-currently-starting-at-the-time's failures and shortcomings.

I hear ya, but more likely there will be at least a half dozen QB's to bash between now and then - Trentie Boy being one.

Until you provide a statistic that shows me the Bills had a significantly higher YAC rate as a team than the Ravens, that argument holds no weight. And Trent's first 5 games were MUCH superior to Flacco's. Are a QB's numbers down the stretch more important than his statistics at the beginning of the season? Clearly you trust QB rating as a grading system for QBs, and Trent had the higher QB rating this season. His was 85, Flacco's was 80. No bones about it.

In, one word yes. I want my quarterback playing his best down the stretch. Do you prefer he gets his best games out of his system early? Do you think it's significant that Trent beat out a rookie statistically in his first five NFL games? I think it's more telling that the rookie greatly improved as the season progressed and Trent completely fell apart. The Bills have arguably more weapons and better pass protection as well. The Ravens could barely let Heap leave the freaking LOS this year.

What are you talking about? Trent has zero 300 yard passing games in his career...yes zero...so where on earth do you get NINE 300 yard passing games from...Your Madden Football season doesnt count for NFL stats...

Second, oops, I missed one game where he barely eclipsed 200 yards...seriously, are you trying to argue that barely passing for 200 yards is an accomplishment? He also SIX games where he didnt even pass for 200 yards and thats NOT including the AZ game and that is just this year...

He had only ONE, JUST ONE, game where he passed for more than 1 TD and it was a whopping 2 TD's...hmmmm...what wins games, oh yeah, points and he doesnt put many up...in 24 games he has passed for more than 1 TD just 3 times and has more ZERO TD games than he does multi TD games. In fact he has more games with 2 or more turnovers than he does with 2 or more TD's...

Also, I WANT JP GONE, so quit trying to play my criticism of Trent up to be some sort of love for JP who played even WORSE than Trent when he had the chance.

Your blind boy crush on Trent has you over looking his CLEAR lack of production and trying to put blame elsewhere for why we are not in the playoffs...The combined play of Trent and JP are why we stayed home this season...

And one more thing...I am so SICK of the argument about how he is a young QB...WHAT ON EARTH DOES FUTURE TRENT HAVE TO DO WITH CURRENT TRENT WHEN DISCUSSING WHY WE ARE NOT WINNING RIGHT NOW? Seriously, answer me that...

Acknowledging his struggles in 07 and 08 does not mean anything other than our team struggles while he develops. He very well might end up developing into a great QB, but for the love of god, quit trying to play him off as if he is that good NOW, he is NOT and NEVER has been to this point in his career...

All my points about Trent have been directly tied to why we lose in 2007 and 2008, not about whether he will develop into a good QB...His play has been subpar to this point, and he is a young QB and I get that, but it does NOT change the fact that his subpar play has directly resulted in our offensive passing game being below average. Add in JP, and we had a combined QB play of losing franchise, hence our losing record.

So UNTIL this changes and he develops or we find a better replacement, we are not going to ever get better...

Please stop being santimonious Brian. You bash Flutie once a week, and he was 10 times better than Losman on the worst day of his life.

I don't bring Flutie into every thread, and never introduce him into a thread that has nothing to do with him. Take a look at your own posting these days, which has gone downhill over the past year or so, Bill. It's all bashing. I see precious little analysis, pros and cons, or moderation in your evaluations.

I know you are upset at the development of the team, but other than your post-game analyses, with remain good, and mostly unbiased, you have no perspective anymore. You are obsessed with bashing JP and Levy. Well, they are both gone from the team. I hope you start focusing on what the Bills ACTUALLY have on the team, and not how they got here, or who the team could have had. The other stuff gets old, and has no value at this point.

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't respond to a post about JP that you find incredulous, or respond to someone who claims that Levy saved the team as a GM. While I disagree with some of your opinions on those topics, I understand wanting to respond to claims you find unfounded. That's why I respond to claims that Flutie was something other than what he was. Some of these guys think he belongs in the HOF, for Christ's sake. But, I don't believe that I bring up Skin Flutie, out of the blue, off-topic, or have stopped posting in a fair and balanced manor. If I have, point it out to me, when you see it. I have no problem with that.

I like and respect you, Bill...but, you've gone a bit crazy lately, IMO.

I don't bring Flutie into every thread, and never introduce him into a thread that has nothing to do with him. Take a look at your own posting these days, which has gone downhill over the past year or so, Bill. It's all bashing. I see precious little analysis, pros and cons, or moderation in your evaluations.

I know you are upset at the development of the team, but other than your post-game analyses, with remain good, and mostly unbiased, you have no perspective anymore. You are obsessed with bashing JP and Levy. Well, they are both gone from the team. I hope you start focusing on what the Bills ACTUALLY have on the team, and not how they got here, or who the team could have had. The other stuff gets old, and has no value at this point.

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't respond to a post about JP that you find incredulous, or respond to someone who claims that Levy saved the team as a GM. While I disagree with some of your opinions on those topics, I understand wanting to respond to claims you find unfounded. That's why I respond to claims that Flutie was something other than what he was. Some of these guys think he belongs in the HOF, for Christ's sake. But, I don't believe that I bring up Skin Flutie, out of the blue, off-topic, or have stopped posting in a fair and balanced manor. If I have, point it out to me, when you see it. I have no problem with that.

I like and respect you, Bill...but, you've gone a bit crazy lately, IMO.

Trent Edwards > JP Losman

Doug Flutie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rob Johnson :wallbash:

What does that have to do with the post, or the topic at hand?

Well we are better than 2008 because we have a better QB. And I threw Flutie in their because it blows my mind that any Bills' fan can bash him after the last decade and the curse that is upon us.

Start Edwards, apologize to Flutie, Boom playoffs.

Well we are better than 2008 because we have a better QB. And I threw Flutie in their because it blows my mind that any Bills' fan can bash him after the last decade and the curse that is upon us.

Start Edwards, apologize to Flutie, Boom playoffs.

:wallbash:

Quite honestly though, while we may be better at QB now, than in 2005, how much better are we, really? Holcomb and JP vs. Trent and Hamdan.

I'd like to think that we are better, there. But, the proof will be on the field. Frankly, I am worried about Trent, but haven't given up hope, yet. I feel almost the same way about Trent as I did about JP at the start of 2007.