It's Official ... Now that the Cardinals are in the Superbowl ...

damj

Sorry but you're wrong, even a mediocre team would have had a 9-7 record with the easy as pie schedule the Bills had in 2008. In 2009, this pathetically led team will have no more than 5 wins...

Home: Miami, New England, New York Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cleveland

Away: Miami, New England, New York Jets, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Tennessee

I see their only wins coming from beating the Jets once, Houston, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Kansas City. Even giving them that many wins seems a bit generous. Don't kid yourself, Dick Jauron is THAT bad of a football coach.

Come on, kinda tough to know how we are going to do in 09 before we see how free agencey/draft/training camp folds for every team.

On another subject. Do you still think Fitzgerald is not that good? :thumbsup:

Hey Nostradamus, wanna wait till this season ends to start your lock picks for next year. Christ, why even play the games? Besides everyone knows that parity doesn't exist in the NFL. Things like free agency, draft, injuries, and experience I guess don't figure into your calculations. Before you come back with the same old "we can't win with Jauron" response save it. It gets old and way over the top.

What gets old is listening to Jauron's press conferences when he mentions how hard it is to win in the NFL, how hard his players play, how hard they practice, that they just need to try harder, all the while being the only head coach in the AFC's east division that doesn't hold outdoor practices when the weather gets chilly. Our head coach is a wimp and our players play like a bunch of wimps. Sorry if the truth hurts pal.

It's Official ... Now that the Cardinals are in the Superbowl ... The Bills have taken their place in the pantheon of inept franchises. We're now in the proud company of the Bungles and the Lions ... :wallbash::thumbsup:

Its very simple actually. The Bungles and Lions are at the bottom of a 32 team league. The Bills are 11th. Personally I think we are a little better than 11th, but I'll admit that may be homer bias. Now you might argue that the Bills are unacceptably mediocre...I'd agree with you. You might argue that Jauron is a mediocre coach (.429 winning record...pretty close to his winning record when he joined the Bills) and I'd agree with you. We are simply not "in the proud company of the Bungles and the Lions."

Buffalo Bills Football 2009 - Hope for the Best...Prepare for the Worst.

That about sums it up for me. I HOPE that the Bills will come out every week, play hard AND smart, continue to develop a good QB and fix the mistakes of last year en route to a winning season AND a playoff birth.

HOWEVER, I'm prepared for the worst because I can't see those things happening with this front office evaluating talent, overpaying for marginal talent, drafting safeties and corners in odd numbered rounds and the cherry on the cake being having arguably (but not by many) the worst head coach in the NFL (and possibly CFL as they are now hiring NFL assistants and giving them head coaching jobs).

So basically, I'm looking at things exactly like I did last year at this time. :thumbsup:

What gets old is listening to Jauron's press conferences when he mentions how hard it is to win in the NFL, how hard his players play, how hard they practice, that they just need to try harder, all the while being the only head coach in the AFC's east division that doesn't hold outdoor practices when the weather gets chilly. Our head coach is a wimp and our players play like a bunch of wimps. Sorry if the truth hurts pal.

I understand that Jauron is not the greatest coach. I really do get it. I don't however get over the top dramatic and throw in the towel for 2009. The truth is you are the guy that walks around and tries to make a situation seem hopeless. It's not even close to hopeless and your negative outlook must make for a fun life.

Come on, kinda tough to know how we are going to do in 09 before we see how free agencey/draft/training camp folds for every team.

On another subject. Do you still think Fitzgerald is not that good? :wallbash:

If you think differently then that's fine. But I have zero faith in Dick Jauron and see a disaster season dead ahead.

Hey, I wanted to trade for him! The guy is a freaking monster! Don't you have better things to do than to remember my dumbest post ever?! :bag:

Hey, just remember who was the only one here who gave a detailed prediction on how and why the Giants would beat the 18-0 Patriots in the Superbowl. :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bills

Pittsburgh Pirates

LA Clippers

NY Islanders

That High School Basketball team that lost 100-0.

Sound about right?

You have to scratch the Isles off this list. They had a run of 4 Stanley Cups in a row in the 80s. Denis Potvin. Brian Trottier, Jon Tonelli, Clark Gilles, Bob Nystrom etc. From 1979 to 1983

It's Official ... Now that the Cardinals are in the Superbowl ... The Bills have taken their place in the pantheon of inept franchises. We're now in the proud company of the Bungles and the Lions ... :wallbash::thumbsup:

The Bills have made the playoffs 10 out of the last 21 seasons. That's not on par with the Lions or several other losing franchises for that matter.

The point is not that we have the same won-lost record as the Lions, but that we're entering that same level of chronic ineptitude as the Lions. Let's face facts ... this francshise was dominant in the AFL. Once we got to the NFL, we have consistently been bad to mediocre. Yes, we had the run from the late 80s to late 90s, but that was the exception. We lucked into 2 great GMs (Polian and Butler) and found a diamond in the rough in a cheap hire (Levy). These guys assembled the core of a great team.

Before the glory years and since, we have been mediocre. Now we have an owner who refuses to change, a GM who is not a football guy, a revolving door of cheap hires and retreads at head coach. Jauron isn't good enough, but we're going to be sold this line of crap about "continuity". In this day and age of leaguewide parity, teams can rebound in a single season ... case in point Atlanta, Arizona, Miami ... while we're being sold "hope" ... hope that Trent grows and gets more consistent ... hope that the players great love for Jauron translates into wins ... hope that Fine and Shouman become vialble downfield receiving threats ... hope that Hardy becomes a starting NFL WR ... year in and year in, we are sold hope without any substantial changes to actually back it up. Will the Bills be agressive this year in free agency and bring in players to get this team better ... we can only hope, right?!?

The Bills have made the playoffs 10 out of the last 21 seasons. That's not on par with the Lions or several other losing franchises for that matter.

Most of which were during the glory years of Kelly, Marv et al ... except for those glory years and the AFL years, this has been a consistently mediocre franchise with occasional forays into above average and bad. In this day and age of parity, you can get better in one season ... we haven't gotten better in 9 years ...

Most of which were during the glory years of Kelly, Marv et al ... except for those glory years and the AFL years, this has been a consistently mediocre franchise with occasional forays into above average and bad. In this day and age of parity, you can get better in one season ... we haven't gotten better in 9 years ...

The nfl has alot of franchises that don't have anything that can be referred to as glory years. The last nine years have been mediocre no question about it, but in retrospect those glory years put the bills in elite company. Besides you said it yourself we can get alot better in one season. The original poster was trying to say that we are the ultimate losers and that's just not true.

So we've had a pretty poor 9-year stretch (mind you, aside from 2001 we never really bottomed out and absolutely sucked). Do you have any idea how bad the Giants sucked in the 1970's? They must be a horrible franchise. How about the Colts and the Patriots in the late 80's/early 90's? Have you ever played Tecmo Super Bowl? Those are the two worst teams in the game. Must be horrible franchises...

The Bills are the new 'lovable loosers'. They are not inept. Wilson has tried a lot of things in the last 8 years to change that. he has hired the 'Hot' young cords as head coaches. And neither one of them worked out. He has now turned to an older established (although mediocre) coach to lead his team. I dotn think you can say he hasn't tried. He has. Being crazy can be desrcibed as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Mr Wilson tries to learn from his mistakes. If he could get a good coach and good GM things would be different. But each year that goes by with out one i get a little more jaded about the Bills.