Scouts Inc top 32

Beerball

Its close, but I'd probably take BJ Raji at 11, with Everette Brown as my 2nd choice at that spot. IMO, Raji is the best defensive player in this draft and while the Bills have a somewhat bigger need at DE, I don't think I could pass on an elite DT. They made that mistake once before with Ngata and its one I hope they don't repeat.

If you are correct, he will probably be gone when we select. :wallbash: That said (again, if you are correct), I would be all for selecting him at 11.

If he is gone, I would hope to see them trade down 5-7 spots for an additional 2nd, which would be a good round to try to solve problems at places such as tight end and center, or even guard.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cushing won't come off of the board until late 1st or early 2nd. The #11 pick is WAYYYY too high to take him. I'd be VERY disappointed with that choice. He is tough and very versitile, but his injury history is a problem. A guy can't be what we need if he can't be on the field week in and week out. I'd think about taking him if he was there in the 2nd round. I think Cushing's fellow Trojan, Clay Matthews, will be around in the 4th possibly or a guy like Zack Follett from Cal. Possibly even Victor Butler from Oregon State. He's not as high on everybody's list, but he had 21.5 tackles for loss, 12 sacks, and 4 forced fumbles. The guy makes plays.

• 2 weeks later...

Major reworking to their original list. Here's the update:

Scouts Inc.'s Top 32Player Pos. School Grade

1. Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech 98

2. Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest 98

3. B.J. Raji DT Boston College 97

4. Andre Smith OT Alabama 97

5. Mark Sanchez QB USC 96

6. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State 96

7. Eugene Monroe OT Virginia 96

8. Matthew Stafford QB Georgia 95

9. Jason Smith OT Baylor 95

10. Aaron Maybin DE Penn State 95

11. Rey Maualuga ILB USC 94

12. Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri 94

13. Brandon Pettigrew TE Okla. State 94

14. Brian Orakpo DE Texas 94

15. Everette Brown DE Florida State 93

16. Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia 93

17. Percy Harvin WR Florida 93

18. Vontae Davis CB Illinois 93

19. Brian Cushing OLB USC 93

20. Michael Oher OT Mississippi 93

21. Tyson Jackson DE LSU 92

22. Peria Jerry DT Mississippi 92

23. Chris Wells RB Ohio State 92

24. D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt 92

25. James Laurinaitis ILB Ohio State 92

26. Clay Matthews OLB USC 92

27. LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh 91

28. Larry English OLB Northern Illinois 91

29. Hakeem Nicks WR N. Carolina 91

30. Louis Delmas S Western Michigan 90

31. Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest 90

32. Alex Mack C Cal 90

Here's the link.

Has anyone seen Aaron Curry play?

Uh huh.

Is his ranking justified?

Absolutely.

I think he is an outstanding LB prospect. If by some miracle he was available when the Bills come up to draft, they'd be stupid not to take him, as he is truly the draft's top defensive prospect.

It'll be Jenkins

if they let greer walk, knowing mcgee's contract is up next year...it just might be jenkins.

however, jenkins and mckelvin as our corners for the next 3-4 years would be awesome. just like winfield and clements.

jenkins is a monster at cornerback...probably the best all-around corner to come out in years.

i do not condone selecting him, but if greer walks and we do not extend mcgee, i say go get him if he is there. he is a top-5 talent this year, in my honest opinion. i REALLY wanted him last year before he decided to stay at OSU.

i do not condone selecting him, but if greer walks and we do not extend mcgee, i say go get him if he is there. he is a top-5 talent this year, in my honest opinion. i REALLY wanted him last year before he decided to stay at OSU.

And let's plan on taking Taylor Mays in 2010 when DJ goes at best goes 7-9 again. That way, we'll have first round picks at each secondary position: Whitner, Mays, McKelvin, and Jenkins. Oh happy days!

And let's plan on taking Taylor Mays in 2010 when DJ goes at best goes 7-9 again. That way, we'll have first round picks at each secondary position: Whitner, Mays, McKelvin, and Jenkins. Oh happy days!

You're assuming Whitner has re-signed. he could be gone by then as well.

Pettigrew would take pressure off of everyone on the offense. Insert Pettirgew and Trent has a safety valve. A guy who can catch underneath stuff and take it up the seam. This means less double coverage on Evans. It also opens up the run game. A pass catching tight end is just what the doctor ordered for this team.

Why is everyone so caught up with Pettigrew?

Have you seen him play?

I do not see anything that would make me want to use #11 pick on him.

A TE at that spot needs to be a difference maker, not a good all around TE.

Why add another predominately blocker to our slew of TEs that we have?

Did you know he has avg speed? Caught 0 tds last year?

Some draft publication lines on him:

Possesses prototypical height and bulk for a NFL tight end. He's a good athlete but his straight-line speed is adequate-at-best for the position.

Only concern here is with his mental toughness. He tends to turn his motor on and off when he feels like it. He can get lazy and undisciplined at times

Pettigrew is a first-round talent, but probably won't go there because of character issues. Pettigrew allegedly assaulted a police officer on Jan. 20.

This is one of the big areas of concern regarding his pro potential. While smooth and fluid for his size, he lacks the speed necessary to consistently stretch the seam as a receiver.

I can't see the Bills adding another player with a troubled past similar to what Hardy was last year. We reached on Hardy because the owner and we the fans wanted a Big WR. None of the players who fit that (Kelly, Sweed or Hardy had any impact. And though it does take WRs a few years to accimate, did you really see anything out of Hardy that gave you a glimpse?)

Lets stick to Defense, take a DE, LB or even DT. PIck up a TE latter (popular on here is Coffman) on in FA.