Edwards won't need surgery!

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/550862.html

Edwards won’t need surgery

By Mark Gaughan

NEWS SPORTS REPORTER

Buffalo Bills quarterback Trent Edwards does not need offseason surgery on his shoulder, league and team sources have told The News.

Edwards saw several doctors after the Bills’ season ended to get an evaluation on his shoulder, which caused him some soreness later in the season. Those evaluations determined that the shoulder is not a serious problem.

The Bills stated they sent Edwards for a routine magnetic resonance imaging test on his shoulder during his yearend physical. He did not miss any playing time as a result of the soreness during the season.

Edwards did miss 2z games in December due to a strained groin. He returned to play the final two games of the season.

Lets hope this was the right call and his shoulder problems don't flare up during the season.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/550862.html

Edwards won’t need surgery

By Mark Gaughan

NEWS SPORTS REPORTER

Buffalo Bills quarterback Trent Edwards does not need offseason surgery on his shoulder, league and team sources have told The News.

Edwards saw several doctors after the Bills’ season ended to get an evaluation on his shoulder, which caused him some soreness later in the season. Those evaluations determined that the shoulder is not a serious problem.

The Bills stated they sent Edwards for a routine magnetic resonance imaging test on his shoulder during his yearend physical. He did not miss any playing time as a result of the soreness during the season.

Edwards did miss 2z games in December due to a strained groin. He returned to play the final two games of the season.

Lets hope this was the right call and his shoulder problems don't flare up during the season.

Let's hope this is not a Crowell situation where he could have had a nagging issue taken care of in the offseason but elects or is advised not to.

It could be from him having that half side-armed delivery remeniscent of Bernie Kosar.

I've heard that a side-armed delivery is actually less stressful on the arm than a normal overhead or 3/4 throwing motion...`

1:44pm

Doesn't matter, he sucks anyway!

1:50 pm

No he doesn't, give him a chance!

1:53 PM

Why, J.P. never got a chance, he's got all the tools, the coaches screwed him up!

1:55 PM

They're both busts, wait a year and draft Tebow, hes a winner!!!

Just thought I'd get that out of the way, now back to the topic at hand...

Cant say I really have confidence in our training staff. I hope they're right but aren't these the same guys that say someone should be back in a couple of weeks only for these guys to be out the whole year? What about the guys that practice all week only to end up missing the game?

Side arm delivery? :unsure:

I haven't seen that.

No. He said "half" side-armed delivery. Whatever the FU*K that is! I'm guessing you haven't seen that either. Thank God. For a minute there I thought I was the only one who hadn't seen it.

GO BILLS!!!

I love the guy and I do think he's the answer at QB for us. But he needs to get and stay healthy. I don't care if he has sugery all over his body and has his bones coated with metal. Whatever. Sleep in a hyperberic chamber every night for all I care. Just get and stay healthy. If he can play a full 16, we'll make the playoffs.

Guest dog14787
I love the guy and I do think he's the answer at QB for us. But he needs to get and stay healthy. I don't care if he has sugery all over his body and has his bones coated with metal. Whatever. Sleep in a hyperberic chamber every night for all I care. Just get and stay healthy. If he can play a full 16, we'll make the playoffs.

I'll bet allot of effort goes into running the ball more efficiently which will help keep TE healthy. We started seeing glimpses of a good running game towards the end of the season.

A good TE security blanket is a must, to me its the most important thing we can do for the offense and Trent Edwards.

I'll bet allot of effort goes into running the ball more efficiently which will help keep TE healthy. We started seeing glimpses of a good running game towards the end of the season.

A good TE security blanket is a must, to me its the most important thing we can do for the offense and Trent Edwards.

I agree with you completely.

A run-first attack is what we are built to be, but we don't seem to have an offensive identity yet. Our strength is the run game and that will make Trent's job easier. But he needs to show he can go deep consistently and accurately to back defenders out of the box. And yes, he definately needs a legit tight end safety valve to go to. A pass catching tight end is what our offense needs more than anything.

1:44pm

Doesn't matter, he sucks anyway!

1:50 pm

No he doesn't, give him a chance!

1:53 PM

Why, J.P. never got a chance, he's got all the tools, the coaches screwed him up!

1:55 PM

They're both busts, wait a year and draft Tebow, hes a winner!!!

Just thought I'd get that out of the way, now back to the topic at hand...

Speaking of Tebow, HOF member Jack Youngblood former DE with the LA Rams was on WDAE the other day & was asked his opinion of Tebow. His reply "Think of a FASTER, BIGGER, STRONGER Steve Young......that is Tim Tebow". When asked why Draft analysts had him rated so low, Jack said the Television & Radio guys like Kiper & McShay don't know anything, & that Teams never tell the truth about who they are interested in. He thinks Tebow will be a VERY GOOD NFL QB.

Big whoop.

If it's not his shoulder it'll be something else next year.

I never jumped on the "he's injury prone" bandwagon but I'm there now.

He's a good quarterback who has the potential to become great but unfortunately he'll continue to miss 20% of his games.

Big whoop.

If it's not his shoulder it'll be something else next year.

I never jumped on the "he's injury prone" bandwagon but I'm there now.

He's a good quarterback who has the potential to become great but unfortunately he'll continue to miss 20% of his games.

I believe this is the biggest risk to the future of the Bills and Trent's Career. There is no doubt in my mind that if he can lead a healthy non injury prone career that he will play in many playoff games in his career. I think it is imperative for the Bills to have a ball control style offense that consists of a heavy dose of running the ball and lots of max protection. If we can run the ball effectively, have an offensive game plan with a purpose and protect Trent, I'm sure we will win many more football games.

I agree with you completely.

A run-first attack is what we are built to be, but we don't seem to have an offensive identity yet. Our strength is the run game and that will make Trent's job easier. But he needs to show he can go deep consistently and accurately to back defenders out of the box. And yes, he definately needs a legit tight end safety valve to go to. A pass catching tight end is what our offense needs more than anything.

Poorly built.

Dockery and Walker are slow fat guys who take too much time to get out of their stance and fire out. Maybe they could improve if they had a coach who might impose upon them just a little and force them to lose weight or fine their fat asses. We also are obviously in need of a Center and a Tight End.

Marty Schottenheimer could have fixed these problems before the 09 season began. Dick Levy has not proven that he can do anything except lose.

Btw, I fully agree with the premise of your post. With players such as Peters, Lynch, Jackson, Evans and yes Edwards, the Bills would appear to have a strong offensive nucleus, but they are stuffed on running plays far too often, and unable to convert on 3rd and short.

To this end, I sincerely hope that they address the OG position in the draft, in addition to the more glaring needs.