I want some Snot Dripping, Deranged, Criminal Thugs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What self-respecting criminal is going to come to Buffalo? To make any serious money running drugs, you need a club scene to sell E in and a business class willing to pay top dollar for coke. You're not going to get anyone to town to sell joints at Dave and Buster's.

You're nuts. You can have brawn AND brains with Everette Brown. Draft him #1 and watch he and Schobel (assuming he comes back 100%) tear it up next year...

That's what I was beaten to death with this past off season after the Bills traded for Stroud. The only thing Schobel tore up was his foot. Now I hear that once we have Everette it will make all the difference. Why should I believe you?

This is similar to the TE argument. All the Bills need is a TE who is a threat in the passing game to make all the difference in the offence. Trent will 'tear it up' if he has a top flight TE target. WTF makes folks think that this is so?

I've recited this so many times already that I've got it memorized. At the end of the 2008 season we had:

A strong running game.

RBs leading the league in receptions (for RBs)

Josh Reed catching everything thrown his way

Johnson making an impact (cause the coaches were force to give him an opportunity)

Lee Evans

AND YET...our offense was pathetic. But a TE is going to make all the difference?

I'm tired of us going after the high character guys... Give me some nasty SOB's with a serious mean streak that can actually make other teams scared to play us! I don't care if they party all night and slap some women around! We need players not choir boys with a high motor. Give me some guys who want to bury the competition. Give me some maniacs that are out for blood on Sundays! Rap Sheets a must!

I am with you.

I'd prefer mentally deranged players.

The guy that comes to mind is James Harrison. The Steelers LB coach wanted to cut him a few years ago because he scared everyone--but they were able to successfully channel his aggression toward the other team.

I am with you.

I'd prefer mentally deranged players.

The guy that comes to mind is James Harrison. The Steelers LB coach wanted to cut him a few years ago because he scared everyone--but they were able to successfully channel his aggression toward the other team.

He was cut, 3 or 4 times if memory serves. Quite the success story.

That's what I was beaten to death with this past off season after the Bills traded for Stroud. The only thing Schobel tore up was his foot. Now I hear that once we have Everette it will make all the difference. Why should I believe you?

This is similar to the TE argument. All the Bills need is a TE who is a threat in the passing game to make all the difference in the offence. Trent will 'tear it up' if he has a top flight TE target. WTF makes folks think that this is so?

I've recited this so many times already that I've got it memorized. At the end of the 2008 season we had:

A strong running game.

RBs leading the league in receptions (for RBs)

Josh Reed catching everything thrown his way

Johnson making an impact (cause the coaches were force to give him an opportunity)

Lee Evans

AND YET...our offense was pathetic. But a TE is going to make all the difference?

A TE won't help that much, I agree. To have a good Offense it takes a good QB! And ours are'nt that good!

Here here! Screw character - I want wins and a SuperBowl and I don't anymore how they do it. We've all been waiting far too long for this town to have a championship. :thumbsup:

I think there is a line, and not a thin narrow line either between a mean nasty slobberknocker & a criminal. I don't want to put words into the OPs mouth, but I'm sure he exagerated for effect. (but you knew that)

What player does any opponent fear? We need slobberknockers.

I'm tired of us going after the high character guys... Give me some nasty SOB's with a serious mean streak that can actually make other teams scared to play us! I don't care if they party all night and slap some women around! We need players not choir boys with a high motor. Give me some guys who want to bury the competition. Give me some maniacs that are out for blood on Sundays! Rap Sheets a must!

I would take a Mike Tyson like character...

Iron Mike

Get me Maualuga!

What, so he can play like Ray Lewis did after Sam Adams left the Ravens and Tony Siragusa retired?

So he can play like Brian Urlacher after Tommie Harris became an injury-prone no-show and Tank Johnson went to Dallas?

I love Mauluga too. Great player. But not if he has 320 pound guards in his face every play.

The Bills had an all time low in INTs with 10. The safeties had none. They improved in every defensive category except these ones. There problem is that there is no pass rush.

For comparison, the Steelers had 49 sacks/29 takeways for 78 big defensive plays. The Bills had 24 sacks/22 takeaways for 46 big defensive plays. The difference is 32 big plays or two per game.

Sacks and takeaways (majority are interceptions) are functions of pass rush, not run stuffing.

I'd love to have Mauluga but I'd rather have Everette Brown. And more to the point, neither one of them is viewed as police blotter material.

Why not some hard nosed SOB's that are also high character guys, like Dawkins or Polamalu? Hell aside from "allegedly" killing someone, Ray Lewis too. Or a guy like Ed Reed? Dawkins and Polamalu play intense and hard, hit harder, and are still guys the rest of the league can respect. Ray Lewis is the same way and really fires up his team. I dont think our D has one guy that talks some sh*t or has a tough attitude. If anyone did talk some sh*t, they couldnt back it up.

I have said this before and gotten no response. I want Nic Harris from Oklahoma. He is a sh*t talkin BAMF who can back it up. He is 6'3'' 230lbs, and plays a S/LB highbrid position called the "Roy Back" (named after Roy Williams, Cowboys S). I have said that the Bills need a COVER linebacker to go alongside our run stuffers in Poz and Mitchell, someone who could cover a TE or RB on third down (insert images of Mitchell getting toasted here). We could convert this guy to WLB and I think he will be great. A bigger, faster version of Ernie Sims. The best part, is every draft site you look at his him rank 10th or lower as draft elligible safeties, meaning he could be had in the 3rd or more likely 4th round.