Tank Johnson

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To go with Schobel? Schobel needs to be replaced. He is a non impact, over paid, below average player.

we need someone to replace him eventually, but he is still the best DE we have... Keep Schobel sign his eventual replacement, get them both on the field, and get rid of the other DE dead weight... Kelsay

I think that Tank would be an upgrade over Kyle Williams. How many of you honestly think he wouldn't be an upgrade? He does fit better in a 4-3 and he would work out great beside Stroud. Tank has more quickness and would be able to shoot gaps to make plays where Stroud is the more physical of the DT's. That's why Tank excelled in Chicago, because he was playing along side of Harris. I think he would be a good fit for us, plus he already fully understands the system we run.

DT is also a big need on this team not as high as DE or LB but still pretty high. Stroud and Williams wore down during the 2nd half of the season and teams were rushing against us pretty easily. With McCargo most likely gone next year we have no depth as I don't consider Spencer Johnson a true DT.

While we would all love to get Haynesworth, the more realistic option would be to sign Tank Johnson and pick up another DT late in the draft.

He is no where near average you fool.

how old are you? Are you throwing a hissy fit over our season still. Let me guess, leopdis was bust until he started to do good, and ellis and hardy are bust. Edwards is terrible. Jackson should be the starting running back. Reed sucked until he started doing good. Stroud is over-rated. Poz sucks along with whitner....

yup, i know your type. Just like 90% of the people here. Schobel is above average, and to say he isn't even near average..wow. You know your football buddy.

fool lol?

To go with Schobel? Schobel needs to be replaced. He is a non impact, over paid, below average player.

Even with 2 monster DT's and another solid DE on the other side? Sorry but I think with 2 dominant DT's & a very respectable DE on the other side Schobel would be a decent player.

I do agree with you about Schobel, he simply has not been a factor. I wont dare argue that fact. But I will argue that he would be a good player with a few more additions to the DL.

You are Wrong! He will be very good with the right players beside him. Maybe even 10 sacks good he just needs some others to take some of the attention.

He is no where near average you fool.

If Schobel rebounds successfully from surgery, he is much better than an average NFL DE. I fear that he may have some trouble, though. I hear that he may not be ready to play, or play at his previous level, in 2009.

The Bills may have to plan on not having Schobel next season.

EDIT: Oh, Tank might be a good addition, for this team. I'd have no problem with that pickup.

If Schobel rebounds successfully from surgery, he is much better than an average NFL DE. I fear that he may have some trouble, though. I hear that he may not be ready to play, or play at his previous level, in 2009.

The Bills may have to plan on not having Schobel next season.

EDIT: Oh, Tank might be a good addition, for this team. I'd have no problem with that pickup.

True...Schobel's play against the run gets overlooked by his sacks or lack of sacks. Truth is, he is one of the best DE's in the league against the run to go with his ability to sack the QB. So, getting him back would be a solid addition to our team. Schobel at 85% is still better than most at 100%.

However, it does depend on how he recovers...

Tank would be a solid addition and I think he would flourish next to Stroud like he did next to Harris in Chi.

So the Cowboys are jettisoning all the trash that didn't help get them to the playoffs in 2008 and someone thinks the Bills, who have nice, fairly decent (by NFL standards) guys with possibly enough talent to get to the playoffs (except for Jauron) should pick up these scumbags?

Great idea. At least we can be a global laughingstock like the Cowboys instead of just within our own division and conference.

Yeah! Let's sign a guy who sucks but keeps a barracks of guns and ammo in his home!

I don't know if I'd want Tank because to me Tommie Harris made him look better than he was- but he basically had two gun charges against Him - he carried unlicensed once- and had guns in his home - I personally think all right thinking people should carry and have guns at home- but what got him canned from Chi town was this " Police in the Phoenix suburb of Gilbert said Johnson was stopped for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone at 3:30 a.m. Friday and the officer made observations that led him to believe Johnson was impaired.

Sgt. Andrew Duncan, a police spokesman, said Johnson was arrested for "DUI Impaired to the Slightest Degree" but was released without being booked or charged." I bet that 25 mph zone was a school zone- that's what I got hit with once, doing 35 in a 25 school zone at 2am- the same logic that has Buffalo streets with alternative side parking enforced year round even when you just need it in the winter- in the Burbs it's like November to April- By the way if he was Impaired they would have thrown the book at him - but I can see how they could have made that mistake, the why he talks he always sounds impaired.

I hear a lot of ppl saying replace Schobel...I too think he needs a replacement, but not now...you cant take your best DE and replace him and think the line will get better...if you replace Schobel now before replaceing Denney and Kelsay on the other side all your left with is a rookie and 2 crap DE's...Schobel still commands respect from oppossing teams...best thing in my opinion is to replace Kelsay with a first round draft pick and keep Denney as a rotational DE...next year get another DE in the top 3 rounds and have him groomed to replace Schobel in the next 3 years...Im not sure how many years Schobel has, but Id say this should be his last contract in Buffalo...of course if Schobel shines with a top pick DE on the other side and Good DT's in the middle maybe he can be kept till he decides to retire.

I've totally lost track of how good Johnson is. He wasn't a starter for the Cowboys, but he was out-of-system. Maybe he'd turn it back on in a Cover-2?

No to Tank Johnson. Why spend a lot of money on a guy that is on his way to the downside of his career. Plus...we don't need more character-issue guys. We have Ko Simpson for that. Too much money any way for him.

No to Tank Johnson. Why spend a lot of money on a guy that is on his way to the downside of his career. Plus...we don't need more character-issue guys. We have Ko Simpson for that. Too much money any way for him.

1.Has been clean forever

2.I dout we'd have to pay a lot for him