MY PLAN

Alright folks, here goes!

FA:

Karlos Dansby - Arizona - LB

Kerry Collins - Titans - QB

Mike Brown - Chicago - FS

John Thornton- Bengals- DT

Re-sign Greer - an absolute must in my opinion.

None of these FA's are really stars, and I think they would all be within the Bills' budget. I'll try my hardest to get them in here folks.

I will look to find a team seeking to trade up and get my pick at 11, because my star (orakpo) will be gone by then. I'll trade down somewhere to around the 22-26th pick. We get an extra 2nd pick, and fill some much needed positions as follows:

1st round: Greg Hardy - Ole Miss - DE*

2nd round (ours): Chase Coffman - Missouri - TE

2nd round (trade): Kenny Britt - Rutgers - WR

3rd round: Antoine Caldwell - The Tide - C

4th round: Zack Follett - Cal - OLB

5th round: Ray Feinga - BYU - G

6th round: Travis McCall - Roll Tide - FB/TE

7th round: Jordan Norwood - Penn State - WR

Just send this post to Buffalo hierarchy, and I'll accept the position. I'll need to give 2 weeks notice, however. Hopefully Dick and Ralph understand.

Shall it be written, so shall it be done!

:w00t:

*If he doesn't declare, I'll draft Michael Johnson - Georgia Tech - DE.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think Kerry Collins, who led his team to the #1 seed in the conference, would be hard to get to come to Buffalo as a back-up?

Since I'm the one calling the shots now, he would have just as good of an opportunity to start here in Buffalo, then he would in Tennessee next year. i'm not placing all of my eggs in the fragile Trent basket.

If anything, Trent may be served well to sit for next season, and watch a veteran QB with playoff and super bowl experience run an offense.

Since I'm the one calling the shots now, he would have just as good of an opportunity to start here in Buffalo, then he would in Tennessee next year. i'm not placing all of my eggs in the fragile Trent basket.

If anything, Trent may be served well to sit for next season, and watch a veteran QB with playoff and super bowl experience run an offense.

Good thoughts. I'm high on Dansby and Brown as well. Both are under the radar players that simply "make plays." I like you free agents a little more than your draft. All our acceptable and well-though options, except I think Kenny Britt in Round #2 is a round or so to high. I guess we will see how well Buffalo listens to its new unofficial GM.

Dansby isn't really under the "radar", so much as he plays in Arizona and not a lot of fans watch the cards. I'm pretty sure Dansby will get a hell of a lot of money amd he's earned it. Considering what the jets paid Calvin Pace last year. Dansby's and Suggs contract are gonna make it look like a bargain.

Yeah...see how the last 40 year old experiment that went to a new team fared(Favre)...thanks but no thanks on Collins---as long as there is any possibility he sees the field...

FA:

None of these FA's are really stars, and I think they would all be within the Bills' budget. I'll try my hardest to get them in here folks.

I will look to find a team seeking to trade up and get my pick at 11, because my star (orakpo) will be gone by then. I'll trade down somewhere to around the 22-26th pick. We get an extra 2nd pick, and fill some much needed positions as follows:

Just send this post to Buffalo hierarchy, and I'll accept the position. I'll need to give 2 weeks notice, however. Hopefully Dick and Ralph understand.

one free agent lineman--not enough.....LINE LINE LINE--and your free agent is another D tackle--we need DEs.If you draft late 1st round DE likely he will not be of great impact.

I agree that would be a bad move, unless you have a contingency plan when he gets hurt.

KO. This team hasn't given up on KO. We don't think he came back from his injury at 100% this season. After a solid rookie year, we expect him to contribute greatly this upcoming year.

However, Brown will add much needed EXPERIENCED depth at the safety position. He's familiar with our defense, and he'll be relatively cheap. :w00t:

one free agent lineman--not enough.....LINE LINE LINE--and your free agent is another D tackle--we need DEs.If you draft late 1st round DE likely he will not be of great impact.

I disagree. With Kelsay, Denney, Schobel, Greg Hardy, Chris Ellis..& co. we're fine at depth. Schobel will start, and the rookie Greg Hardy will be broken in slowly throughout the season in a rotation with Denney/Kelsay.

We still think that Denney/Kelsay can contribute, just not as everydown starters.

Hardy will be a pro bowler for years to come. :w00t:

KO. This team hasn't given up on KO. We don't think he came back from his injury at 100% this season. After a solid rookie year, we expect him to contribute greatly this upcoming year.

However, Brown will add much needed EXPERIENCED depth at the safety position. He's familiar with our defense, and he'll be relatively cheap. :w00t:

Screw KO and he can take his million dollars with him!!

Mike Brown...

Ok.. lets get an old washed up safety who cant stay healthy.

bad move

You are more entitled to your opinion. In fact, your opinions are deeply valued now that I'm heading the program here at Orchard Park.

However, I disagree. Brown is an instant upgrade (when healthy), over anyone we currently have at FS. His experience at the position, and while playing for one of the best defenses in the league over the last few years will have a positive impact on KO and the rest of the secondary.

We feel KO may be in need of a mentor. KO will still see some playing time this season. :w00t:

Ok, lets play a game... as is likely, no one wants to trade for your pick. Now what do you do?

Very good question.

We think trading down is our best scenario in this draft. However, if we are unable to do so, we are looking very closely at Everett Brown - Florida State - DE or Taylor Mays - USC - FS/SS or James Laurinities - Ohio State - LB. We're high on all of these.

Another player that's on the rise on our draft board is BJ Raji - Boston College -DT

I'm excited at the prospect of landing any of these. But again, we would prefer to trade down as of now.

Dansby isn't really under the "radar", so much as he plays in Arizona and not a lot of fans watch the cards. I'm pretty sure Dansby will get a hell of a lot of money amd he's earned it. Considering what the jets paid Calvin Pace last year. Dansby's and Suggs contract are gonna make it look like a bargain.

I agree with your thoughts. We expect Dansby to be our highest purchase this off-season. However, with the departure of Crowell (he will not be resigned), Dansby will be a very big addition to our linebacking corps. We are well within our cap to afford him - and he's still relatively young.

Yeah...see how the last 40 year old experiment that went to a new team fared(Favre)...thanks but no thanks on Collins---as long as there is any possibility he sees the field...

I couldn't disagree more with your post. If the Bills had a Collins-type qb this year, I'm very confident we might have made the playoffs.

JP Losman will be gone, and Hamden has no experience QB'ing in this league. If we want any chance at being competitive next year, we cannot afford to go into the season with Trent having no protection behind him. In fact, with Collins in here, there will be an open competition for the starting position at QB. If trent continues to display his hesitant/scared attributes during preaseason like he did at some points this year, this orgnaization will not hesitate in benching him for a while so he can regather his thoughts.

Also, please do not compare Favre to Collins. Favre brings with him a circus where ever he goes. Favre is greater (or so he thinks) than the team. Collins is a team player and will not create a disturbance on the roster. I think you're way off on the comparison.

FA:

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again. Jabari Greer is a nice player. The fact that he had two ducks thrown right in his hands this past season that he returned for TD's will earn him an extra $2 mill this season. I've talked to several inside NFL sources who say that he's going to be worth around $7 mill this season. McGee is a solid corner. With any pass rush whatsoever he could be an elite corner. McKelvin was drafted 11th overall. He is not going to be a nickel corner again this season. Before he got hurt, Youboty looked like he could've been better than any of them! Not to mention, Corner looks like a keeper as well. If there is any position on the entire roster where we're in good shape, it's CB. Why then, with all these pressing needs on both sides of the ball, would we spend around $7 million to make sure we have five good CB's. It doesn't make any sense at all and this is why you're not getting a job with the Buffalo Bills. Now send my response to the Bills and get me a job!