Hank Bullough interested in coming back to the Bills

Hold on. We still need one more; one that asks for one of the worst coaches this team has seen in the past 30 years.

Oh wait...

I did that purposely because bringing back one of the worst coaches in team history is as bad as some of these ideas that we've seen over the last month.

Kay Stephenson hands down ... the dude had no clue

I dont know, I heard that when Bullough was the coach the team purposely tanked games to get him fired because he was so hated( I believe it was on the Fred Smerlas show). However he did have some guys that went on to be good coaches like Kiffen and Glanville. If I remember right Fred said that Kay just could not make up his mind in what direction to go, and would change schemes constantly.

Bullough was certainly the dumbest sounding HC the Bills ever had. But imagine my surprise, when I saw this, the other day:

Fairbanks - Bullough 3-4 defensive system

The New England Patriots run a modified base 3-4 Chuck Fairbanks - Hank Bullough system[14] installed by Bill Belichick. The term 3-4 means that their base formation consists of 3 defensive linemen (defensive end, nose tackle, and defensive end), 4 linebackers (outside "Jack" weak side linebacker, middle "Will" weak side linebacker, middle "Mike" strong side linebacker, and outside "Sam" strong side linebacker), and 4 defensive backs (cornerback, free safety, strong safety, and cornerback).[15] In the Patriots system the inside linebackers are the "Will" and "Mike" linebackers.[16] It is believed that this 3-4 structure gives the defense the greatest amount of flexibility because the linebackers are among the most versatile players on the defense, capable of rushing the quarterback, tackling runners or dropping into coverage. By mixing the roles of their linebackers from play to play, the Patriots defense seeks to cause confusion on the part of opposing offenses. At times the Patriots will also shade their defensive linemen different ways, creating "over" or "under" defenses. "Over" and "under" defenses simply refer to the shift of the defensive linemen to the strong or weak side of the offense, respectively, and the rotation of the linebackers in the opposite direction.

The "Fairbanks - Bullough" 3-4 system is known as a two gap system,[17] because each of the defensive linemen are required to cover the gaps to both sides of the offensive lineman that try to block them.[18] Defensive linemen in this system tend to be stouter, as they need to be able to hold their place without being overwhelmed in order to allow the linebackers behind them to make plays.[19] This is the reason that defensive linemen such as Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork do not always rack up gaudy sack and tackle statistics despite their critical importance to the team.[20]

The system is at times more conservative than certain other defenses currently in vogue in the league,[21] despite the constant threat of its potent linebacker blitz. The Patriots defensive system generally places an emphasis on physicality and discipline over mobility and risk taking and is sometimes characterized as a "bend but do not break defense".[22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots_strategy

You're not kidding. I don't know who was worse, Kay Stephenson or Hank Bullough?

Bullough, hands down, worst coach this team has ever had. Players had no respect for him and didn't want to play for him. Buffalo's had some bad coaches over the years, but none hold a candle to Bullough.

Bullough, hands down, worst coach this team has ever had. Players had no respect for him and didn't want to play for him. Buffalo's had some bad coaches over the years, but none hold a candle to Bullough.

Same could be said for John Rauch. Another debacle.. :w00t: