No offense to Fox announcers

Beerball

Matt Bastardjian and the guy he's with in the booth, but...the NCAA organization should be shot for selling the BCS to a network that doesn't carry college ball. A big game should have a big team in the booth IMO. These two are not impressing me in the least.

Matt Bastardjian and the guy he's with in the booth, but...the NCAA organization should be shot for selling the BCS to a network that doesn't carry college ball. A big game should have a big team in the booth IMO. These two are not impressing me in the least.

Ditto

"awwww jeez, penny's got his panties in a wad again." <_<

But seriously I do agree, I thought the announcers on Fox were pretty bad as well.

The fox ammouncers are awful...wait till Thursday they are no better.

The fox ammouncers are awful...wait till Thursday they are no better.

No better indeed. Coverage has not been what I would expect either. Unsportsmanship call against Fla, no replay? Harvin down, appeared a defender gave him the business after a run, no replay?

Charles Davis is one level of a reeeeeaaallllly deep talent pool at NFLNetwork (that strikes me as underutilized) and it was really nice hearing him pop into the game tonight. Along with SWilcotts, MMayock and SterlingS I think he is simply one of the very best analysts/announcers working at any level of foootball today. These guys are the ones who can instantly and incisively recognize and relate what is transpiring and who do it naturally with genuine passion.

In the too rare instances we get these fellas involved in good ball games (partcilarly ones which we all watch) I'd very much like to see football fans support their rock solid analysis and its agreeably accompanying lack of operatic melodramatic hyperbolytic attic panic.

Shame on fans for blaming a predictably horribly executed and typically poorly managed bowl game on a competent announcer.

And honest propers to Fox for bringing a very capable, if widely unrecognized analyst to the fore.

You make a good point

And honest propers to Fox for bringing a very capable, if widely unrecognized analyst to the fore.

You mean "props", right? :lol:

Charles Davis isn't bad at all & I wouldn't mind hearing him more often.

That said, I never liked the move to Fox for the BCS when CBS & ABC/ESPN are the major players. I'd much rather hear Brad Nessler, Bob Griese, & Paul Maguire than the no-names Fox is throwing at us.

Charles Davis is one level of a reeeeeaaallllly deep talent pool at NFLNetwork (that strikes me as underutilized) and it was really nice hearing him pop into the game tonight. Along with SWilcotts, MMayock and SterlingS I think he is simply one of the very best analysts/announcers working at any level of foootball today. These guys are the ones who can instantly and incisively recognize and relate what is transpiring and who do it naturally with genuine passion.

In the too rare instances we get these fellas involved in good ball games (partcilarly ones which we all watch) I'd very much like to see football fans support their rock solid analysis and its agreeably accompanying lack of operatic melodramatic hyperbolytic attic panic.

Shame on fans for blaming a predictably horribly executed and typically poorly managed bowl game on a competent announcer.

I feel no shame. Too 'vanilla' for me. His voice by itself (without a game as backdrop) would put me to sleep and when you are talking about a color announcer in the major game of the college season...not a good combination.

"Ok.... decision time...what do you do???!??!?!"

"go ... Go... GO!"

(uh, it's third and goal, not fourth)

That had to be the most annoying part of all to me - a key drive early in the game, with the down and distance properly stated on the TV screen, but the announcers couldn't get it right. There should have been a producer yelling into his ear that he's wrong. When it was 3rd and goal at the 1, he said it was 4th and goal, along with the usual "this is a huge play" hype before the snap. I was thinking that maybe the guy was relying on the sideline down and distance marker to tell him what down it is, but how can someone who's getting paid to watch the game not even keep track of that? Oh wait - Dick Jauron, clock management, etc. Never mind...

The one goal line series in the first half where Oklahoma had the ball was a broadcasting cluster!@#$. On 2nd and goal, the PbP announcer thought it was 3rd down, on 3rd down he thought it was 4th down, and on 4th down he finally corrected himself.

Doesn't he have a spotter or director that could have corrected him?