No offense to Fox announcers

Beerball

Charles Davis is one level of a reeeeeaaallllly deep talent pool at NFLNetwork (that strikes me as underutilized) and it was really nice hearing him pop into the game tonight. Along with SWilcotts, MMayock and SterlingS I think he is simply one of the very best analysts/announcers working at any level of foootball today. These guys are the ones who can instantly and incisively recognize and relate what is transpiring and who do it naturally with genuine passion.

In the too rare instances we get these fellas involved in good ball games (partcilarly ones which we all watch) I'd very much like to see football fans support their rock solid analysis and its agreeably accompanying lack of operatic melodramatic hyperbolytic attic panic.

Shame on fans for blaming a predictably horribly executed and typically poorly managed bowl game on a competent announcer.

And honest propers to Fox for bringing a very capable, if widely unrecognized analyst to the fore.

I really like Davis' knowledge on the college game (check him out w/ Mayock on the NFL Network's upcoming pre-draft coverage), but like so many others, it needs to be confined to a limited amount of airtime. His shameless promotion of all things Tebow last night went beyond ridiculous. Same w/ Weelcotts. I like his work on the network shows, but when you give him hours upon hours to fill on Sirius, you get some really idiotic comments from him.

I didn't like how fox would, after commercial breaks, show the City Skyline, I think Miami, but could have

been laudersale too, and it its beautiful, so what do they do, they insert a fake building on the left side of the

screen, that almost looked real, why not just leave well enough alone, and quit f&%ng with the graphics.

Just a little pet peave, I do not really pay to much attention to the announcers, it almost sounded like one of them

was Chris Speilman, but I don't think that it was him, I do like him though very much as an announcer.