Age and Outlook on the Bills

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just turned 36 this past November and have been a fan since the day Jim Kelly set foot here. :wallbash:

Im still a fan and will keep watching,but we really need some new coaches. Why they are keeping Jauron is beyond me. He seems nice,but no friggin emotion on the sidelines! :worthy: Just stand there like a statue. *EXCUSE ME...BECAUSE THE PLAYERS LIKE HIM AND DONT WANT CHANGE* Well tough baloney. They want him,because then they dont have to hustle out there. FCOL,we supposedly have one of the heaviest offensive lines in the league yet they cant block for our QBs??? And dont get me started on Peters holding out,coming in and going offsides all the time like Ruben Brown used to,and still make the Pro Bowl??? PLEASE...we need some kind of change. A couple of my choices for next Head Coach around here? Mike Shanahan,maybe even UB Turner Gill. Hey I cant see us doing much worse than our current Statue coach.

I have met some GREAT people on here over the years and hope to make another tailgate if things work out. :P

47 years old and a Bills fan all my life. Grew up in a sports family and picked the Bills at 4 or 5 cuz of the "bull" on the helmet. When I first started playing Pop Warner I would tell other kids I was Butch Byrd. Growing up in Northern Cali most of them replied "who?" I'm from a family of Raider and 49er fans,and all of us are Michigan Wolverine fans since my Dad is from the Detroit area. So the Bills really are MY team as far as the family goes. My outlook is the same for next year as it is every other year.Hopeful. I hope and believe they can make the playoffs. I thought Jauron would be fired and was looking forward to a new coach and all the hope and excitement that brings. That didn't happen but it's not the end of the world. Look,for all of Jaurons faults if we just get half decent play,on a consistent basis,from our QB position we probably make the playoffs this season. We're not that far off. Improve at C and DE and get some consistensy from our QB and we're there. GO BILLS!

I started rooting for the Bills in Jim Kelley's last season. Before that I was Cowboys fan and grew up as a football disciple of Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Preston Pearson, Bob Lilly, Randy White etc. When Jones bought the team it was the beginning of the end. I finally swore off with the help of a good woman to be the Bills fan I am today.

One of the reasons I became a Bills fan was because when I watched them, they played hard and as a team which was refreshing. If you have never been a fan of another team, I can tell you that that's not always the case. The team has played like a team hustling to try to win ever since. I still see that in the 2008 squad. Even though the coaching has let them down this season, they players played hard. It was fun. The near comeback in the Cleveland game was amazing (players I mean, not coaches) as were the early wins and the the win against Denver.

I'm optimistic for the coming year. That's whey I watch. It'll be fun. If they win, awesome. If they lose, well, it was fun anyway.

Go BILLS in 2009 !!

Since " Meet The Bills Night" at the Thruway Plaza 1960, (waaaaay before it was made into a mall.) I still wish I had had that little autographed football w/ Richie Lucas autograph on it, the first of our many "brilliant" 1st round choices!

I rag on them , but despite my earlier pessimistic entry on this forum will still follow and support to the bitter end.

47 years old and a Bills fan all my life. Grew up in a sports family and picked the Bills at 4 or 5 cuz of the "bull" on the helmet. When I first started playing Pop Warner I would tell other kids I was Butch Byrd.

Butch Byrd! Nice.

I turn 42 in a few days. I was a fan since about the age of 5 (I distinctly remember watching OJ reach 2000 against the Jets in the snow in 73). I'm not optimistic about the future, but I'll watch. I won't get too down about them as I've been apt to do in past years, though; my emotional investment is receding. I also distinctly remember being dragged on Sunday car rides through "the country" (i.e., rural WNY) with my parents and listening to Van Miller call dropped pass after dropped pass by Ruben Gant.

I've long said that if the Bills win a Super Bowl, I'll never have to watch another sporting event in my life, and that I'll have my weekends back. I look forward to that day. Sadly, it looks like I'll be stuck watching the Bills on Sundays for the foreseeable future.

Soon to be 48. Bills fan since OJ was drafted. Left Buffalo in late '94. Had season tickets from '88- '94. Boy were we spoiled through those years.

Since leaving Buffalo, have missed fewer than 5 games on TV. Drove to sports bars at first and have had NFL Sunday ticket since '97. Drove back to Buffalo to attend a game nearly every year since moving. Won't be renewing Sunday ticket this upcoming year. Will use to time for other family things. When Jauron is replaced, I'll watch again. Until then, I'll get closer to the Bears - my kids' home team.

am 57 saw my first bills game in their inaugeral season, in the days of buster ramsey, richie lucas, elbert dubenion,

I think the outlook is grim, RW has lost his will to win and if the team survives his passing and stays in buffalo, then i think things will get better as new ownership would bring new direction and fresh energy.

am 57 saw my first bills game in their inaugeral season, in the days of buster ramsey, richie lucas, elbert dubenion,

I think the outlook is grim, RW has lost his will to win and if the team survives his passing and stays in buffalo, then i think things will get better as new ownership would bring new direction and fresh energy.

Well said. If some group does manage to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo then we will see a turnaround and my interest will be back.

One thing I've seen here and in talking with fellow fans is the utter dismay at the direction of the team. It seems that the longer you've been a Bills fan, the more hurt you are by the 2008 season and the decision to keep Jauron. The newer fans seem more optimistic - keep supporting the Bills and eventually they'll get better.

Is there a fatigue factor in how you think? I'm curious to find out. Tell me:

• How long have you been a Bills fan? (Be honest - if you're 30 you haven't been a Bills fan for 30 years - when did you really become a fan?)
  • What's your out look on the Bills now? Done with being a fan? Optimistic that with a few small tweaks we'll win the division on the next couple of years? Where are you on the spectrum?

51. Been seriously watching the Bills since the late 60's (even though watched an occasional game before that). Had season tickets from 1988-1993. Moved but still watch them.

I'm holding judgment until I see what happens in the off season.

One thing I've seen here and in talking with fellow fans is the utter dismay at the direction of the team. It seems that the longer you've been a Bills fan, the more hurt you are by the 2008 season and the decision to keep Jauron. The newer fans seem more optimistic - keep supporting the Bills and eventually they'll get better.

Is there a fatigue factor in how you think? I'm curious to find out. Tell me:

• How long have you been a Bills fan? (Be honest - if you're 30 you haven't been a Bills fan for 30 years - when did you really become a fan?)
  • What's your out look on the Bills now? Done with being a fan? Optimistic that with a few small tweaks we'll win the division on the next couple of years? Where are you on the spectrum?

I am 33 and have been a fan for 28 years and I think we are only a year away. I am glad we stuck with Jauron and I believe that has been the mistake they have made several other times throughout this decade starting with Wade. Consistancy is a key to success. Remember this team is still young. They will win next year I predict 12-4.

Been a serious Bills fan since the late 70's . . .

I'm not optimistic about this upcoming season, cuz I think DJ will schitt the bed (5-11 at best).

After that, things could get a lot better. We have several good, young players at key positions. If we had better coaching and game day management, the current team could easily be a playoff caliber squad . . .

54, fan since age 10.

depressed.

How can Buffalo rehire a coach with a losing record. Other teams in the NFL are canning coaches that have losing seasons.

Players like him. Hell if I didnt have to practice in pads and practiced indoors I'd like him too, see they get paid win or lose.

Normally I'd be looking forward to August, now not so much.

Buffalo Bills Football=the movie Groundhog Day.