We are all one good FA and a good 1st round draft pick from getting ba

PNW_Bills_Fan

I swear fans are bipolar. If we would have kept on winning everyone here would say DJ is coming around as a coach. I am as disappointed at as any Bills fan that we didn't make the playoffs. I still think this team is a team on its way up. I think TE is a QB that can win a lot of games in the NFL. I am not sure we are that far off from being a good team. A couple good FA signings and a good draft and we are there talent wise. A good DE, and LB with some more depth on the D and we are doing alright D wise. A good TE, Center and WR and our offense is way better. I am not sure we have that many glaring holes. If DJ doesn't get us to the playoffs next year he is definitely gone. He will be on a short leash. I like the move of keeping him with this young team. We all hate the three and outs in the game why do we like it with our coaches?

Here is to a New Year that is bright for the Bills. Russ go get some FA that we need so that TSW can be happy again.

If we would have kept on winning everyone here would say DJ is coming around as a coach.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas...

If Jauron had more than one winning Season in eight as a Head Coach he might not be a loser...

If...whatever... :thumbsup:

I agree with you completely. The only caveat is Dick's long history of making idiotic game day decisions. If he would just read the Idiots Guide to Football and practice it's principles you might be right. Big if though.

But hey, when pre season starts in August of '09 I'll be rootin' for the Bills.

If we would have kept on winning everyone here would say DJ is coming around as a coach.

What the hell kind of logic is that?

They didn't keep on winning; they finished 2-8. That's the bottom line. If they'd have finished 8-2, of course there would be a Jauron love fest.

I can't fathom your point at all.

I thought the 1 draft pick and one FA away from the playoffs was regarding this year.

We will continue to be outcoached in this division until something changes. Did anyone else go 0-6 in their division, or is it just Buffalo and the Lions?

How good are the Jets going to be without Brett Favre next year? I am with you that DJ may not be the best coach in the world but I am not sure he is to blame for all that transpired this year. Like I said after this year his grace period is up. This team was in horrible shape when he inherited it. Our win total has not gone up, but we are getting better. You can see that statistically. It will translate next year it more wins. Well, at least I hope it does.

How good are the Jets going to be without Brett Favre next year? I am with you that DJ may not be the best coach in the world but I am not sure he is to blame for all that transpired this year. Like I said after this year his grace period is up. This team was in horrible shape when he inherited it. Our win total has not gone up, but we are getting better. You can see that statistically. It will translate next year it more wins. Well, at least I hope it does.

Actually what seems to be happening is that as the talent level on the team increases (and I think it has) Jauron's coaching deficiencies come into sharper focus.

I thought the 1 draft pick and one FA away from the playoffs was regarding this year.

We will continue to be outcoached in this division until something changes. Did anyone else go 0-6 in their division, or is it just Buffalo and the Lions?

Are those the same two teams that haven't sniffed the playoffs in a decade?

:thumbsup:

I think it is a four year plan that we need to see through. That's why Marv signed a bunch of guys to those 4 year contracts (walker,reed, denney, etc), to have enough talent that they will replace them through the draft. I think they're behind schedule, but hopefully they will add their 2 FA's, sign Peters and draft a couple of starters on the first day. If they don't win in 09, we will have enough young talent as a core for someone else to work with.

I'm really hoping this leads to a shake up with Modrak/Guy, but it just seems like Ralph isn't going to spend a dime he doesn't have to.

Who is to blame for all that transpired this year if not the head coach? The buck stops with him. He's the one who decided last year to keep Jackson on the bench in favor of a derailed A-Train. He's the one who apparently didn't think it was a good idea to dump Losman in favor of an experienced backup. He was the one who overrode the OC at a couple critical junctures this year and still seems unable to figure out the whole when to/when not to challenge, or even how to get the frigging red flag on the field so the refs can see it. No apparent game management skills. No ability to prevent the team from wasting timeouts. Let's face it, there were several times this year where the Bills' clock management and two-minute drills resembled a monkey !@#$ing a football.

Great, we've made "statistical" progress. Whoop-de-doo. Still no playoff games, and that's the only progress we need to see - and I don't expect to see one anytime in the near future, unless the players earn a playoff spot in spite of the "coaching."

Surely you didn't watch any of the games from the PNWB. If you would have, you'd have seen the gameday mismanagement.

I cannot believe the people who like DJ. It's almost as if they've forgotten the Denver opener last year, the Dallas MNF loss, the CLE MNF loss, the Jets loss this season, and then scoring 6 points in the final three home games.

They think players are going to make the difference. We're three years into a 5 year rebuild.

Chicago Bears fans had to tolerate DJ for five seasons. We should have learned our lesson after 3: DJ makes bad decisions which lose games. Period.

I swear fans are bipolar. If we would have kept on winning everyone here would say DJ is coming around as a coach. I am as disappointed at as any Bills fan that we didn't make the playoffs. I still think this team is a team on its way up. I think TE is a QB that can win a lot of games in the NFL. I am not sure we are that far off from being a good team. A couple good FA signings and a good draft and we are there talent wise. A good DE, and LB with some more depth on the D and we are doing alright D wise. A good TE, Center and WR and our offense is way better. I am not sure we have that many glaring holes. If DJ doesn't get us to the playoffs next year he is definitely gone. He will be on a short leash. I like the move of keeping him with this young team. We all hate the three and outs in the game why do we like it with our coaches?

Here is to a New Year that is bright for the Bills. Russ go get some FA that we need so that TSW can be happy again.

Only 3 more years...

I agree with you completely. The only caveat is Dick's long history of making idiotic game day decisions. If he would just read the Idiots Guide to Football and practice it's principles you might be right. Big if though.

But hey, when pre season starts in August of '09 I'll be rootin' for the Bills.

He is an IVY leaguer he doesnt need to read to learn