What if an asteroid hit the Earth?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone needs to pull up a video on what happens to us as the Volcano at Yellowstone undergoes hundreds of earthquakes in the matter of a few days that turn into a harmonic tremor. Considering it's happening right now....might want to hurry!

Something is out of the norm....question is how big a problem?

Accurate science, but bad TV.

They at least could have put the ejecta in orbit, instead of raining back down like some retarded little fountain.

If heaven forbid this ever occurs I picture you standing on your balcony (do you have one) with your fist raised over your head shouting "Goddammit that aint how it's supposed to happen!!! Stupid stupid asteroid!"

Seriously who gives a @hit....you and I wouldn't be around to see it.....

That is unless we were some of the chosen luck few from the human lottery that got to live in the limestone caves that Morgan Freeman will also inhabit.

I dunno. If that video is accurate the safest place in the world looks like Big Ben

I think someone needs to pull up a video on what happens to us as the Volcano at Yellowstone undergoes hundreds of earthquakes in the matter of a few days that turn into a harmonic tremor. Considering it's happening right now....might want to hurry!

I see a possible opportunity as your scenario may unearth buried silver, thereby flooding the market and driving the price down. We can then therefore stock up on silver before the coming economic collapse

If that hit on a Sunday in the fall it would be the FOURTH time in his career poor Trent has had to play in the worst weather in franchise history.

As long as he was able to get us in range for a 47 FG, we'd have a chance to steal one.

Archie,

Do you think it is possible that the harmony from Yellowstone is actually attracting that big asteroid?

There is president for this. That one Star Trek about the whales singing almost hosed Earth there for a while.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...a-SpOwD95COBD00

Seriously who gives a @hit....you and I wouldn't be around to see it.....

That is unless we were some of the chosen luck few from the human lottery that got to live in the limestone caves that Morgan Freeman will also inhabit.

Rumor has it that the "lucky few" will descend into the caves to carry on the human race and upon finding DCTom, shoot themselves.

If heaven forbid this ever occurs I picture you standing on your balcony (do you have one) with your fist raised over your head shouting "Goddammit that aint how it's supposed to happen!!! Stupid stupid asteroid!"

More likely "Huh, that's interesting. Didn't think that would happen..."

Archie,

Do you think it is possible that the harmony from Yellowstone is actually attracting that big asteroid?

There is president for this. That one Star Trek about the whales singing almost hosed Earth there for a while.

Actually the fact that the whales were extinct was what pissed off the aliens who had come back to check on them, and Kirk and crew had to go back to the past to retrieve a pair that would communicate with the aliens and save the earth.

And what if the supervolcano blew? Kind of like if a giant rock hit the Earth. A planet killer. An extinction-level event. Let me quote the words of President Tom Beck (Morgan Freeman) in the comet-hitting-earth film Deep Impact::

Within a week, the skies will be dark with dust from the impact and they will stay dark for years. All plant life will be dead within weeks. Animal life within a few months. So that's it. Good luck to us all.

Such a scenario would be very bad for equity values and the outlook for the labor market.

better stock up on the wine now .

Actually the fact that the whales were extinct was what pissed off the aliens who had come back to check on them, and Kirk and crew had to go back to the past to retrieve a pair that would communicate with the aliens and save the earth.

Dude you are too into the details. The bottom line is that the harmony is attractive to large objects of many types which could smash the Earth to bits. I don't think anybody is really going to give a crap whether the object was attracted by the harmony or the lack of harmony.

If the volcanic harmony starts and then stops, the aliens will get us, if it starts and keeps up then an asteroid hits us. Either way we are in big trouble unless we can stop this Yellowstone thing before it gets started.

Within a week, the skies will be dark with dust from the impact and they will stay dark for years. All plant life will be dead within weeks. Animal life within a few months. So that's it. Good luck to us all.

Archie has a couple of thousand cans of creamed corn stored deep undergound so you better head over there.

Rumor has it that the "lucky few" will descend into the caves to carry on the human race...

I haven't gotten any notice in the mail. Guess I'm not one of the "lucky ones."

Well if Yellowstone triggers the end, I guess it's close enough, that I should have a decent seat for the big ending. :angry:

Me, my dog, a cooler of beer and my lawn chair.