To be fair to Trent

ieatcrayonz

To be fair to Trent, Buffalo does get some unusual weather. I mean he has only played for four seasons and he has already played in the franchise's worst ever weather game three times. But given his output of the other team scoring off of him more than the Bills, it wouldn't be fair to the fans to keep such a Los Gato on this team.

I think to be fair to Trent and the Bills we should trade him to a team that plays in ideal conditions for him. I know there are quite a few domes in the league but does anyone know if any of these domes are connected to a shopping mall? I don't mean next door to a shopping mall, I mean physically connected. Ideally the mall should have a Sephora store.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that Matt Cassel (from Northridge, CA) can play in the same weather that Trentie can't tolerate? Any excuses explanations, Trent-lickers?

Cassell had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and a real offensive line to keep him warm

Trent had gloves

Did Belichick* maybe peel that section off the field house roof and spy on our Bills installing their 'game plan'?

Belicheat didn't do it himself. He used the Hand of Bruschi :unsure:

Why is it that Matt Cassel (from Northridge, CA) can play in the same weather that Trentie can't tolerate? Any excuses explanations, Trent-lickers?

Did Belichick* maybe peel that section off the field house roof and spy on our Bills installing their 'game plan'?

So JP-licker, I guess you put yesterdays loss on Trent?

Cassel has real NFL receivers.

To be fair to Trent, Buffalo does get some unusual weather. I mean he has only played for four seasons and he has already played in the franchise's worst ever weather game three times. But given his output of the other team scoring off of him more than the Bills, it wouldn't be fair to the fans to keep such a Los Gato on this team.

Apparently, you had too much of the burnt sienna this morning.

I'm getting kind of tired with some of the anti-Trent sentiment on this board. What do you guys suggest we do? Draft a qb in the first round or pay huge money for Matt Cassel? I don't consider myself a "Trent Lover" but the fact is we have MUCH bigger problems to worry about than our 2nd year QB- we need major help on both lines and still need another receiving threat.

I'm not saying I necessarily believe that Trent is the future of the franchise, I just believe that he performs well enough in only his second year to keep him in his starting role and give him at least a chance to play great and win games (give him an O-line that doesn't collapse in a swift wind and a couple more receiving options).

Did I miss something? Did JP play yesterday? I thought we were comparing Cassel to Edwards.

No - I'm actually taking a circuitous route to get all the trentites to explain trentie's miserable performance, then compare those excuses to losman's situation. Seems to be working - the 'excuses' are nearly identical for both QBs.

I'm getting kind of tired with some of the anti-Trent sentiment on this board. What do you guys suggest we do? Draft a qb in the first round or pay huge money for Matt Cassel? I don't consider myself a "Trent Lover" but the fact is we have MUCH bigger problems to worry about than our 2nd year QB- we need major help on both lines and still need another receiving threat.

I'm not saying I necessarily believe that Trent is the future of the franchise, I just believe that he performs well enough in only his second year to keep him in his starting role and give him at least a chance to play great and win games (give him an O-line that doesn't collapse in a swift wind and a couple more receiving options).

I like Edwards but an upgrade at QB is needed to compete for the playoffs. Why waste any more time? Buffalo is a unique place when it comes to weather and the toughness of its fanbase, and Edwards isn't a good fit.

agreed!! Trent may not be Jim Kelly circa 1991 right not, but he's the best we've had in years. Outside of that miserable 4 game slide he has protected the ball pretty well despite below average pass protection. He's sort of a game manager now, but thats how Roethlisberger and McNabb were there first couple years in the league. I say give him some slack, he's a smart kid who will continue to get better, until then we've got bigger fish to fry.

agreed!! Trent may not be Jim Kelly circa 1991 right not, but he's the best we've had in years. Outside of that miserable 4 game slide he has protected the ball pretty well despite below average pass protection. He's sort of a game manager now, but thats how Roethlisberger and McNabb were there first couple years in the league. I say give him some slack, he's a smart kid who will continue to get better, until then we've got bigger fish to fry.

Great post, but you are wasting your time. Remember, you are talking to the lovelorn. Their darling has departed, and they need some time to grieve.