WR Steve Johnson!

Frez

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Stevie has a good offseason, the Bills could be solid at WR next year. Evans-Johnson-Reed, with Parrish and Hardy around for situational needs. We'll need a goddam tight end, and a freaking game plan.

Everyone seems to forget Hardy tore his ACL... there's no guarantee he'll be on the field next season.

But, I like the idea of Johnson as a #2, Reed in the slot, and Roscoe as a #4

Everyone seems to forget Hardy tore his ACL... there's no guarantee he'll be on the field next season.

But, I like the idea of Johnson as a #2, Reed in the slot, and Roscoe as a #4

As it stands now, Johnson should be the number 2 WR, and have Reed in the slot. While Roscoe is a very good punt returner, he's a miserable excuse for a WR. I don't want him as our number 4 either......

This kid deserves to be on the field playing with the first string offense FULL TIME next year.

Just throw him the damn ball. :angry:

You know what amazes me? That our personnel department drafts James Hardy and neglects to tell coaches that he doesn't know how to sight-adjust his routes. So the guy gets into camp 4 years behind. Nice job!

As it stands now, Johnson should be the number 2 WR, and have Reed in the slot. While Roscoe is a very good punt returner, he's a miserable excuse for a WR. I don't want him as our number 4 either......

I can see Parrish in some situations as a #4. I don't see Hardy developing with his ACL. I agree with you and it would make Reed even better at #3, and it would make Evans better at #1, where Evans has been struggling.

I really have to say, our coach just sucks at evaluating talent. In PRESEASON I could see Stevie was the real deal. I was calling for him to be in there over and over ALL YEAR LONG. Now 3rd and 2nd to last games and the Dick sees the light and Hardy had to get hurt for him to see it. After last year with the Freddie Jackson or my old friend, who is the better starter? question to this...................Dick just sucks, you play the better player not the higher draft pick, not the player who blocks better. You start the player who is the "playmaker". Why can I see this? but DJ, no. Move him up to VP of player personnel and have Bobby coach the team. Replace a scout or two, and our QB coach, get agresive in FA (and keep our best CB and 1/2 punch running back) this year and beefup the ends of the D-line (Peppers all the way), center position and admit the mistake you made with Crowell (God........ Poz misses him in there SO much) and bring him back. I actually want another TE but give D. Fine the starting job going into the year next season if we can't get a good FA one. These are changes I make if I am RW and want to fix things on the cheap (and think Dick needs to stay on the payroll because of my resigning blunder).

Happy the Bills won today!!!

Go Bills!!! Happy Holidays everyone!

I think Johnson is better than both Hardy and Parrish. Just my opinion on what I've seen this year. We will see who works hard this off season. I'll be pulling for Johnson next year.

I'll also be pulling my Johnson. :angry:

:worthy:

Agreed. At this point, I'd easily move him above Roscoe on the depth chart.

No doubt better than Roscoe - I still thin he has to earn starter role. Has taken good steps forward but much remains to be proven. He is still small by NFL standards. I hope Hardy is not a bust but there is reason to think he may be.

Johnson is not tall enough :angry:

everyone knows only tall WRs are any good - which is why the Bills used a premium #2 pick on a tall guy with no skills other than being tall.

if somehow Johnson can add a few inches, then he may qualify as being good.

He's 6'2", which is a giant among the WR's not named Hardy.

Are you guys serious? The guy catches a 5 yard touchdown pass and now you're taking out Reed or Evans for him? Unbelievable.

Not taking out, just putting Reed in the slot and having Johnson start opposite Evans.

Not taking out, just putting Reed in the slot and having Johnson start opposite Evans.

The original poster said he deserves to be on the first string all the time next year. Since there are only two starting receivers, that means taking Reed or Evans out.

The original poster said he deserves to be on the first string all the time next year. Since there are only two starting receivers, that means taking Reed or Evans out.

The third WR can be a starting position. I'd rather have Evans, Johnson, and Reed at WR, with Lynch or Jackson at RB, and Fine at TE. And Reed's contract is up after next year.

The third WR can be a starting position. I'd rather have Evans, Johnson, and Reed at WR, with Lynch or Jackson at RB, and Fine at TE. And Reed's contract is up after next year.

Of course they are the top 3 receivers, but I'm not ready to take Evans or Reed out, and that's what I thought the OP was implying. I hope Steve can come in and earn the 2nd WR gig next year, but I'm not ready to anoint him yet.