Brian Orakpo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im all for Buffalo taking him if he's on the boards when we pick......

I'd be shocked if he were not taken before us. DE is a common need on all teams(especially crappy ones), and he could be a great player.

Do you think he could beat out Kelsay for a starting spot? (sarcasm)

Reminds me of the Vernon Davis marketing campaign. A guy working out with big chains around his neck just looks stupid to me. I want a guy that lives and breathes football, not watching himself in the mirror. That vein stuff should be left to those silly primadonna WRs and DBs.

Reminds me of the Vernon Davis marketing campaign. A guy working out with big chains around his neck just looks stupid to me. I want a guy that lives and breathes football, not watching himself in the mirror. That vein stuff should be left to those silly primadonna WRs and DBs.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought when I saw it. As for him being the next Bruce Smith, well, Bruce had as many sacks as a junior as Orakpo has in his entire collegiate career to this point. That's not to say that Orakpo won't be a good NFL player or anything, simply that any comparison of him to Bruce doesn't seem all that appropriate.

I always worry about the obvious with guys that strong. Is he on steroids? Does anybody know what the testing programs are like in the NCAA? I always remember Mandarich, Bosworth and others.

Great performer, though, and looks like he is seriously willing to work. Gotta love that.

It's just old school weight training. Dinosaur training. Nothing wrong with it.

And wasn't Bruce Smith kinda of a porker too when he first came in??? In the NFL, everyone is strong. The track record of high Texas picks scares the hell out of me.

Orakpo is a physical beast, and possibly the best de in this class. He doesn't beat you with pure speed, but has very good technique and strength, and a good closing burst. If you're looking for an nfl comparison. Michael Strahan may be more in line. Personally I'm hoping for Michael Johnson, Greg Hardy, or George Selvie. With several 1st rd caliber, but no clear cut top dend. There's no excuse not to get someone out of the draft. There is no "next bruce smith". The closest player"s" who can have that kind of impact. When he feels like it Julius Peppers. Mario Williams if he keeps it up has all world potential. As does the Giants Justin Tuck. I'll settle for the Demarcus Ware type Michael Johnson in this draft.