JP Won't be in demand: ESPN

nodnarb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bugs me about Losman most is his self-delusion.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-575...-in-demand.html

Did Graham have to write this article? It is well done and researched--but it's def. kicking the dude when he's down.

Every person that has watched JP play knows that he will never get a shot as a starter ever again.

Did Graham have to write this article? It is well done and researched--but it's def. kicking the dude when he's down.

Every person that has watched JP play knows that he will never get a shot as a starter ever again.

Sorry, JR ... but it is newsworthy, and he didn't take any personal shots at Losman. If we only reported/wrote the happy stuff, people would B word about not going after the "real" stories.

That's just my opinion, of course. If you want to ask Tim that question directly, you can either PM him here, or drop him a line in his chat or mailbag. I'm sure he'd give you an honest answer.

It's a valid article. JP and his supporters won't like it but it's topical. Especially when people are talking about the offseason FA at that position now.

the funny thing about that is - people on here swear that losman is going to be out of the nfl next year.

yet, charley casserly, who used to run the redskins, says losman IS going to.

I also found this interesting.

"He was a first-round pick, but he wasn't able to perform in this league," former NFL personnel executive Michael Lombardi said. "He's not going to be in a bonanza situation. If he signs somewhere it will be based on experience and not on his production.

"He's at a crossroads. He's going to have to go somewhere and rehabilitate his career rather than accelerate his career. If you're his agent, you need to put him in a situation where he's a backup with good coaching in an offense that fits his style of movement and running around."

I think JP is gonna have to face facts. If he wants to become a starter he's got a lot of work to do. He looked great at the end of the 2006 season and then he just threw his job away the next year. They didn't sit him because he was doing really well. He even knew his job was on the line against Jacksonville and just failed.

It's a valid article. JP and his supporters won't like it but it's topical. Especially when people are talking about the offseason FA at that position now.

"He was a first-round pick, but he wasn't able to perform in this league," former NFL personnel executive Michael Lombardi said. "He's not going to be in a bonanza situation. If he signs somewhere it will be based on experience and not on his production.

"He's at a crossroads. He's going to have to go somewhere and rehabilitate his career rather than accelerate his career. If you're his agent, you need to put him in a situation where he's a backup with good coaching in an offense that fits his style of movement and running around."

I think JP is gonna have to face facts. If he wants to become a starter he's got a lot of work to do. He looked great at the end of the 2006 season and then he just threw his job away the next year. They didn't sit him because he was doing really well. He even knew his job was on the line against Jacksonville and just failed.

Thankfully, most NFL front offices (the competent ones, ie- not buffalo) do not make decisions based on one game. The Jacksonville game did not "break" his career anymore than it would have "made" his career if he had performed well and won it.

I guess Mr. Lombardi didn't exactly perfornm either.

Agree. He had an opportunity this year to show better than he did. That'll cost him.

Sorry, JR ... but it is newsworthy, and he didn't take any personal shots at Losman. If we only reported/wrote the happy stuff, people would B word about not going after the "real" stories.

That's just my opinion, of course. If you want to ask Tim that question directly, you can either PM him here, or drop him a line in his chat or mailbag. I'm sure he'd give you an honest answer.

Yeah, I guess you're right. And I really love Graham's blog and articles (so no offense to Tim, if you're reading :rolleyes: ).

In a way, I just feel terrible for Losman. I was never a big supporter of the guy as a player, but he's a good guy, who, in the past few weeks, probably blew any chance he had to live up to his potential.

What bugs me about Losman most is his self-delusion.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-575...-in-demand.html

Case closed - at best he is a backup QB - time to move on. As I said in a post I started the Bills screwed themselves and JP by keeping him around this year. He is a lucky dude because he got a shot to start, made a bunch of money and had a no pressure job this year. The Bills need to sign a proven backup and we all need to pray that TE is the real deal.

Yet there are many jokers on this board who claim he will be a starter. Honestly, if you think that you watch football with your eyes closed.

They mention his speed, but don't mention he is possibly the worst QB in the league as far as pocket awareness goes. He can't go through his reads. Even when he makes a completion, it's almost always off-target. The guy can't hit people in stride, his throws are all over the place.

Case closed - at best he is a backup QB - time to move on. As I said in a post I started the Bills screwed themselves and JP by keeping him around this year. He is a lucky dude because he got a shot to start, made a bunch of money and had a no pressure job this year. The Bills need to sign a proven backup and we all need to pray that TE is the real deal.

For $900,000, I might let Jauron screw me too.

Demand?!?!? Demand?!?!? Yeah, he'll be in demand the same way people are in stores right now scrambling to buy VCR's in time for Christmas. I was amused all week going into that game realizing it was on EVERYWHERE. Did you guys see the TV NFL distribution maps that week? You pretty much had to leave the Western Hemisphere not to have that as the CBS game in your market. Oh, yeah, I'm told parts of Canada and Mexico as well. So not only did Losman play himself out of an NFL job next year with that ball-handling spaz thing, but NOW he has no shot at being signed in ... The CFL, Arena1 (Arena2 is debatable ... I think I started a game once in Arena2, but I was drunk so I'm not sure.) ... They won't want him as a free agent in any English-speaking country, and probably not in LA, either. Yes I'm still angry. Sorry. In that situation, you protect the football. Aaaargh ...

Some sucker team will sign him. They will say he played for 2 head coaches, 3 offensive coordinators, stunted his development, didn't cater an offense to his strenghts, etc, etc, etc. Blah, blah, blah. The guy is horrible and nothing more than a below average backup. He unbelievably will bounce around the league another 3-5 years because of his prior 1st round status and strong arm. We all know he can't read a defense, has no pocket awareness, and has poor accuracy.