JP Won't be in demand: ESPN

nodnarb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking that winning percentage is a QB stat rather than a team stat disqualifies you from being taken seriously on this issue.

Haha, says the fan of a loser QB. And this is exactly how it can be taken serious: compare the other QBs that palyed that season. Of course, that doesn't fit your silly argument because both Holcomb and Edwards replaced Losman and had better winning % with the same exact team. Anyway you slice it, Losman sucked for the Bills and every QB that replaced him was better.

The difference between the Bills & winning teams is the Bills have to pray their QB is the real deal where WINNING teams bring in REAL COMPETITION to compete for the starting position.

Well, was Trent "real competion?" If not, what should this tell you in terms of just how bad your third string hero is?

Sheesh, open your eyes. :wallbash:

You said "Every person that has watched JP play knows that he will never get a shot as a starter ever again."

You contradicted what Lombardi said. Not Casserly. Lombardi gets the last two paragraphs of the article in a quote. Here it is:

------------

Given the general malaise of Losman's career, would his options be different had he capitalized on his chances this year?

"It would have piqued people's interest," Lombardi replied. "The quarterback position is the most coveted in the league and when you play well -- like Todd Collins last year -- people are always in search of that answer at quarterback.

"If he would have played well, he would have enhanced his stock. Everybody has a chance to re-invent themselves at quarterback."

------------

You can't get that much clearer than that. He has seen Losman play and thought at the time that he had a chance to re-invent himself. He also makes it clear that he there's a chance in the future too. You said that both were impossible.

Also, Casserly didn't agree with you. He only said that JP will not be a starter NOW, with which I totally agree.

There's more, but that's enough.

Don't pretend that anything in this article agrees with you outlandish idea that you "know" that he will never be a starter. Nothing does, and in fact you are disagreeing with it.

I said Losman won't be a starter again, which is what Casserly said, as you admit.

In another post in this thread, I said that Losman had a real chance to live up to his potential by playing well, but he failed--which is what Lombardi said, as you quote.

Yet, you then criticize me, saying that you'd take Casserly's and Lombardi's views over mine? There is nothing outlandish by saying that Losman had a chance these last few games, but blew it, and now he'll never get another chance again.

Haha, says the fan of a loser QB. And this is exactly how it can be taken serious: compare the other QBs that palyed that season. Of course, that doesn't fit your silly argument because both Holcomb and Edwards replaced Losman and had better winning % with the same exact team. Anyway you slice it, Losman sucked for the Bills and every QB that replaced him was better.
Without taking into account different players were in & out of the Bills lineup over the course of the season, THEY PLAYED AGAINST DIFFERENT TEAMS!! :wallbash: