Bills looking to trade Peters

AlbanyBill

I'm thinking that the Bills signed what's his name to add some depth at OT as they get ready to move Peters. My thinking is that the Bills and Ralph "Mr Cheap" Wilson won't be willing to pay what he will demand after his contract is up in 2 years. I'm not sure they will trade him this offseason but next year, IMO, they will definitely shop him. I'm not so sure I would be too upset. He is good but he is going to want big $ and I'm not exactly sure he's worth it. If we could get a 1st round pick I'd be happy. thoughts?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but you don't build a championship team by trading away your best players for unknowns.

Yeah, but it's better than letting them just walk away in free agency with nothing to show for it (as the Bills have done for years). All I'm saying if Peters is going to go one way or the other, we might as well get something in return. I just can't see the Bills paying the $ he is going to demand on the free market.

Yeah, but it's better than letting them just walk away in free agency with nothing to show for it (as the Bills have done for years). All I'm saying if Peters is going to go one way or the other, we might as well get something in return. I just can't see the Bills paying the $ he is going to demand on the free market.

He's under contract for two more seasons.

I seriously doubt this would ever happen with a player of his caliber at his position. This is not a replaceable skill position guy. If it does happen though we'll all know for sure that there is no hope of the Bills fielding a consistent winner on the field, atleast until ownership changes.

Those teams had Peyton Manning.

BTW, Marshall won one too.

He traded away Faulk after Mannings ROOKIE year. He turned over the LT position to Tony Ugoh, a rookie, last season.

Jason Peters is not a Pro Bowl player. He wasn't last year, he isn't this season. He's far more likely to come up small in big situations than not, as evidenced time and time again when the BILLS struggle in short yardage and never more obvious than on 2nd down last weekend when he didn't even get out of his stance on the most crucial play of the game.

The only thing guaranteed with Peters is he'll always have the potential to be great but it's far more likely that he'll get a huge contract and go back to his terribly inconsistent play, disappointing when it means the most.

I seriously doubt this would ever happen with a player of his caliber at his position. This is not a replaceable skill position guy. If it does happen though we'll all know for sure that there is no hope of the Bills fielding a consistent winner on the field, atleast until ownership changes.

Langston Walker looked just fine over there... If you move him, then you just have to replace the easier to fill RT spot. Not saying i would trade peters at all, but if the right offer came through the phone, i'd pull the trigger. (Based on our draft performance as of late, I'd prefer proven NFL talent over draft picks) :thumbsup:

He traded away Faulk after Mannings ROOKIE year. He turned over the LT position to Tony Ugoh, a rookie, last season.

Jason Peters is not a Pro Bowl player. He wasn't last year, he isn't this season. He's far more likely to come up small in big situations than not, as evidenced time and time again when the BILLS struggle in short yardage and never more obvious than on 2nd down last weekend when he didn't even get out of his stance on the most crucial play of the game.

The only thing guaranteed with Peters is he'll always have the potential to be great but it's far more likely that he'll get a huge contract and go back to his terribly inconsistent play, disappointing when it means the most.

In fairness, I think that was a situation forced on him due to the unexpected retirement of their existing LT. Credit for drafting someone that could fill in as a rookie, but I'd suggest that they would have preferred not having a rookie LT las season.

Getting rid of your top players is not the way to improve. We better get great value on any trade. At least a first and second rounder as well as some late round pick. And thats a min. That pick will be needed to select the next LT, so only one pick is a disgrace.

I'm thinking that the Bills signed what's his name to add some depth at OT as they get ready to move Peters. My thinking is that the Bills and Ralph "Mr Cheap" Wilson won't be willing to pay what he will demand after his contract is up in 2 years. I'm not sure they will trade him this offseason but next year, IMO, they will definitely shop him. I'm not so sure I would be too upset. He is good but he is going to want big $ and I'm not exactly sure he's worth it. If we could get a 1st round pick I'd be happy. thoughts?

We should move Evans, Lynch, Edwards, McGee, McKelvin and Stroud too. I mean they could get first or 2nd round picks too.

We should move Evans, Lynch, Edwards, McGee, McKelvin and Stroud too. I mean they could get first or 2nd round picks too.

I'm not saying I would make the move. I'm just saying if the right offer came along to make sure we could get a high round pick or two, I would do it before he signed with someone else in FA and we're left holding our d**ks. you know what I'm saying?

stupid move -he is our best O lineman and signed for 2 yrs. No--not stupid move--IDIOT move. Its not like we are swimming in O line talent.