When is enough, enough?

Beerstm

When is enough, enough?

Last Saturday I paid my Directv Bill. My balance due was a couple of hundred dollars. They were going to turn off my service on Sunday. My bill was that high because I had not paid for the NFL Sunday ticket yet.

For me shelling out the two and a half Benjamin's plus to watch football is not easy. This honestly is money I could have used for Christmas. While watching the game against the Jets, I started to realize that it is just not worth it. I didn’t get my money’s worth. Worst yet, looks like nothing will happen in the near future to make the expense justifiable.

Adding a couple of free agents, drafting some hopeful college prospects and getting a couple of new position coaches isn’t going to do it for me. I have been a life long Bills fan. I have a signed picture of Ko Simpson framed in my office. He autographed it: To “A Real Bills Fm” because that is what I’m known as. But honestly, I’ve just about had it. When Dick J was hired by the Bills, I was so angry that I threw several of my Buffalo Bills items out of my bedroom window into the pond next to my house. I told my wife I would never follow the Bills again. But of course, stupid me, I came back and have paid just under $1,000.00 to watch the Bills have three consecutive losing seasons.

At this point, I think my biggest mistake was expecting the Bills to be consistently competitive in the NFL. My second mistake was to think that anyone at One Bills drive actually cares about the fans outside of the revenue we bring.

When is enough, enough? Why should I continue to be a loyal fan? I don’t know if I’m just so disappointed or actually starting to emotionally divorce myself from the organization I have cherished for over 35 years.

Is anyone else feeling this way? Or does being true Bills fan mean to: Shut up, Pay up, complain not, and expect nothing?

When is enough, enough?

Last Saturday I paid my Directv Bill. My balance due was a couple of hundred dollars. They were going to turn off my service on Sunday. My bill was that high because I had not paid for the NFL Sunday ticket yet.

For me shelling out the two and a half Benjamin's plus to watch football is not easy. This honestly is money I could have used for Christmas. While watching the game against the Jets, I started to realize that it is just not worth it. I didn’t get my money’s worth. Worst yet, looks like nothing will happen in the near future to make the expense justifiable.

Adding a couple of free agents, drafting some hopeful college prospects and getting a couple of new position coaches isn’t going to do it for me. I have been a life long Bills fan. I have a signed picture of Ko Simpson framed in my office. He autographed it: To “A Real Bills Fm” because that is what I’m known as. But honestly, I’ve just about had it. When Dick J was hired by the Bills, I was so angry that I threw several of my Buffalo Bills items out of my bedroom window into the pond next to my house. I told my wife I would never follow the Bills again. But of course, stupid me, I came back and have paid just under $1,000.00 to watch the Bills have three consecutive losing seasons.

At this point, I think my biggest mistake was expecting the Bills to be consistently competitive in the NFL. My second mistake was to think that anyone at One Bills drive actually cares about the fans outside of the revenue we bring.

When is enough, enough? Why should I continue to be a loyal fan? I don’t know if I’m just so disappointed or actually starting to emotionally divorce myself from the organization I have cherished for over 35 years.

Is anyone else feeling this way? Or does being true Bills fan mean to: Shut up, Pay up, complain not, and expect nothing?

I just go to the bar to watch the games out here in Cali...at least I can drink to drown out the pain...lol

I will not support this organization until Ralph Wilson is no longer the owner. If the Bills remain in Buffalo after he's dead or sells the team I will be back cheering in full force, if they relocate I'll root against them as my most hated team in football. I am currently rooting hard for them to lose. I will NOT be the battered wife anymore. I will not be the mindless sheep led to continuous slaughter by the owner who gives me the proverbial finger every year.

I've fired Wilson, kicked him to the curb, will not support anything that has to do with him or his team. He is nothing to me, zero, and I will hope with all my heart his franchise loses every single game until he croaks. I would rather see the team leave town than stay with Wilson as the owner. I want him out, gone, and nothing short of that, even a miraculous reversal of won/loss record, will change that. It's him that I loathe, it's personal, and that's how it will remain as long as he's the living, breathing owner of this team.

Others may hate people like us for this lack of devotion, call it blasphemy, call it selling out, but to me the real selling out is feeding that greedy bastard's coffers with a penny of my money after he's sh-t all over my devotion, my loyalty, my investment of time, money, heart and soul, without caring a lick.

When is enough, enough?

You are not alone on this. I've been a fan since the 1960 as a kid. I'm all tapped out at this point - I have better things to do than have an emotional melt down every Sunday. I'll probably keep watching if they are on TV. But no way in hell will I pay to see them live, until they field a good product worth my money.

I've been a Bills fan since 1960. It's been a somewhat happy time but mostly a stressfull time yet I come back every year with a renewed hope. Guess I'll always be a true blue Bills fan. I can't help it. I'm hooked. GO BILLS !!!

I'm right there with you. $259.00 a year is a lot to pay to see the 1-15 fish and 4-12 Jints bury the Bills in the AFC East basement. I'm at the end of my rope with this team and this is not a post-loss knee-jerk reaction. It's the way I'm feeling after a season that has taken the sails out of my wind. I'll have to see what steps the FO takes to improve this team before I officially decide to jump ship.

I will not support this organization until Ralph Wilson is no longer the owner. If the Bills remain in Buffalo after he's dead or sells the team I will be back cheering in full force, if they relocate I'll root against them as my most hated team in football. I am currently rooting hard for them to lose. I will NOT be the battered wife anymore. I will not be the mindless sheep led to continuous slaughter by the owner who gives me the proverbial finger every year.

I've fired Wilson, kicked him to the curb, will not support anything that has to do with him or his team. He is nothing to me, zero, and I will hope with all my heart his franchise loses every single game until he croaks. I would rather see the team leave town than stay with Wilson as the owner. I want him out, gone, and nothing short of that, even a miraculous reversal of won/loss record, will change that. It's him that I loathe, it's personal, and that's how it will remain as long as he's the living, breathing owner of this team.

Others may hate people like us for this lack of devotion, call it blasphemy, call it selling out, but to me the real selling out is feeding that greedy bastard's coffers with a penny of my money after he's sh-t all over my devotion, my loyalty, my investment of time, money, heart and soul, without caring a lick.

I couldn't agree more with this post. Maybe we should consult a Lions fan and see how they deal with this crap

I just have this numb feeling when it comes to the bills mainly because I dont know how to act.

Should I root for them to win at this point? Winning doesn't get us to the playoffs, hurts our draft position, and keeps things as they are in Buffalo maybe

Should I root for them to lose? We could get a playmaker in the top 10 and possibly have enough pressure for change in mgt and coaches

But I just cannot bring myself to root AGAINST the bills.........I just dont know how to act.

I have NFL Sunday Ticket too......and that bill looks bigger and bigger with every loss.

But I just cannot bring myself to root AGAINST the bills.........I just dont know how to act.

I can't root against them, but it's getting old watching losing teams year in and year out. Not to mention, I've had season tickets this year and last.

I'd like to know what it's going to take for DJ to be fired. At this point, I wonder if it can get worse, but we know it can.

The changes this team has made the past few seasons have been merely cosmetic and failed to address the real issues in the front office. Until the front office is shaken up, I can't see a team with the same execs making the calls moving forward.

let me break this down for you:

the bills are owned by a doddering foolish old cheapskate who, even if he fired everyone on the payroll, has proven time and time again that he is not capable of replacing the latest franchise front-office scapegoat with anyone any more competent than the person he's replacing. and on the few occasions he's accidentally hired good people, he's managed to run them out town over one petty feud or another before they had a chance to win anything. also, he's been pleading poverty for years in order to lube up the fan base's collective bunghole for inevitable mayflower van convoy to toronto or perhaps l.a.

so you tell me, what are we supposed to expect? i think what we should expect, until execution day finally arrives, is exactly what we're getting. i'll leave it up to you to decide whether that's enough. for my part, i am bitching up a storm, but for whatever reason i keep tuning in.

go bills! :bag:

NFL Sunday Ticket is a rip.......Just go to a bar and spend 10 bucks you'll be just as happy!

I don't know about you, but there's no way I'm spending 4 hours at a sports bar and coming away with a $10.00 tab. This is why I got the ticket in the first place. When the wife & I would go out & watch the game, drink some beers, eat some wings, and tip the waitress, it would be between $40-$60. Plus you have to drive home. So for the cost of 4 games out, you got the Sunday Ticket.

When is enough, enough?

I could have typed this myself. Ive posted feelings mirroring yours a few times. I think the process of emotional disconnect began 3 or 4 seasons ago. It's a gradual thing I believe. I began to question why I was more depressed over losses than the players and management. You begin to question why support a team that seems hopeless. Usually I would say this is a negative attitude but considering the length of time this culture of losing has gone on, I don't think so. We had a nice oasis of fortune in the early 90s when Polian was here. But obviously he was too strong a personality for Ralph so his days were probably numbered from the start. Funny, where he goes success follows. Colts good. Bills bad ever since. I don't believe anything changes for the Bills until RW dies. Unfortunately, that may signify the end of the Bills in Buffalo. Fuggin cruel.

As for the Sunday Ticket thing, I'm right with you on that. Ive already told my wife I'm not renewing next season. She laughs it off but I'm serious. I'm just starting to feel like a douchebag being sucked into paying $400(Super Fan package so you can get HD) a year just to be depressed watching the Bills. Hell, the last two months I think 4 games I gave up watching at or before half time because I could see it was hopeless. Once you start thinking like that, it's time to cancel. IF (LOL) the Bills seriously try to field a good team, I can always go to a bar and watch. A few decent ones around here to go too.

One thing for sure though, I am going to continue to get NHL Center Ice. Good deal. Worth every dollar. I have more hope for the Sabres than I do for the Bills. I watch as many games as I can.

When is enough, enough?

When they start winning again we will all return as howling idiots once again. Problem is that some of us may be dead before this happens

When they start winning again we will all return as howling idiots once again. Problem is that some of us may be dead before this happens

"howling idiots" - that's awesome and you are right-on...we'll be back. we ALWAYS come back. sh@t it's tuesday night and already back. what the hell else is there to do on a cold sunday afternoon?

hehe...well said Endzone

When Wilson is no longer the owner, it's highly likely Buffalo will not have an NFL team.

Guest dog14787
When is enough, enough?

I'll never abandon my team, not now, not ever.

I have to go cry now. :bag: