just reported-

letswinbills

the bills will honor jaurons contract that was signed on oct. 26th-a 2 year extension -heard it on westwood one monday night countdown show with jim gray.

That is just bs. No one knows what will happen until the season ends....even Ralph.

I'm tellin' everyone again.....the reports of the extension starting last night are very fishy and I don't buy them one bit. I think someone leaked the info after the game that he might have signed the extension as was reported in October. There has been nothing new in these reports than was reported two months ago.

Just because another outlet reports it doesn't mean it's true.

UNTIL WE HEAR THIS FROM THE BILLS, DO NOT BELIEVE IT.

I'm tellin' everyone again.....the reports of the extension starting last night are very fishy and I don't buy them one bit. I think someone leaked the info after the game that he might have signed the extension as was reported in October. There has been nothing new in these reports than was reported two months ago.

Just because another outlet reports it doesn't mean it's true.

UNTIL WE HEAR THIS FROM THE BILLS, DO NOT BELIEVE IT.

The story of the extension has been out there for over 24 hours now and the Bills haven't denied it. Someone full of optimism could still cling to the hope that it isn't true, but as Bills fans we already know it is. There is no Santa Claus. Uncle Bob was in jail and not a CIA spy like your parents told you. Dick Jauron signed an extension.

not to nitpick, but couldn't they just be repeating the story that adam shreffntphner or whatever his name is went with this morning? until i hear it from the bills, i'm going to pretend i didn't hear it.

he reported a three year contract. so it is different. and espn reports that they signed it yesterday.

so they are all news and different details.

To say they are honoring it could simply mean they are not going to try to pull an Al Davis or a RW (see Wade Phillips) and pay him for the next two years but still fire him. Unles they clearly have told DJ he's not coming back, what else could they say.

the bills will honor jaurons contract that was signed on oct. 26th-a 2 year extension -heard it on westwood one monday night countdown show with jim gray.

To say they are honoring it could simply mean they are not going to try to pull an Al Davis or a RW (see Wade Phillips) and pay him for the next two years but still fire him. Unles they clearly have told DJ he's not coming back, what else could they say.

The Devil is in the details, and you are correct. This report can mean many things. Who knows? Maybe they'll make DJ Quality Control Coach for the Two-Minute Drill When You're Up By 3 Points.....

During the off season a lot can happen, including a coach getting fired regardless. It may not be over yet.

The story of the extension has been out there for over 24 hours now and the Bills haven't denied it. Someone full of optimism could still cling to the hope that it isn't true, but as Bills fans we already know it is. There is no Santa Claus. Uncle Bob was in jail and not a CIA spy like your parents told you. Dick Jauron signed an extension.

On the flip side, the reports of the original extension have been out there for 2+ months and neither the Bills nor Jauron have confirmed anything.

ralph is already on record for saying there is not enough talent on the bills roster. that being said he is makeing the players the scapegoat for this season. he will keep jauron and get rid of some players , melvin fowler, duke preston, robert royal to name a few. i don't think ralph understands how pissed off bills fan are.

I heard that he hasn't signed it yet.

I heard he did.

I heard the Bills are gonna fire him.

I heard the Bills are gonna keep him

I heard he hasn't even signed the extension yet.

I don't know, I heard he did.

He's gone after this year. Just read between the lines of what Ralph said.

No, they're gonna honor his contract, just heard it.

:doh:<_<:sick:

This situation with DJ has devolved into a sitcom, with Ralph the elderly grandfather playing the role of "am I senile or not."

No NFL team signs a HC to an extension, and refuses toannounce it. Sean Payton's extension was announced this season.

This entire PR attempt has been nothing short of bumbling. And it's little wonder, considering the owner passed his prime about 25 years ago, there is no GM, and the team continues to embarrass itself in new ways each week.

Everyone should ask themselves if a franchise like NE, NYG, PIT, IND, BAL, or TEN would handle this situation like Buffalo has. Third rate teams like Buffalo bumble their way to becoming a laughingstock.

Why doesn't this mean he hasn't signed it yet?

The Buffalo Bills' fast start reportedly has earned coach Dick Jauron a three-year contract extension.

The NFL Network reported Sunday that Jauron and the Bills have agreed to a three-year extension that will keep the coach in Buffalo through the 2011 season.

Jauron, who entered this season in the final year of his initial contract with the team, has the Bills tied atop the AFC East with a 5-2 record after Sunday's 25-16 loss to the Miami Dolphins.

I know it doesn't technically say it was signed but I can't think of one contract that wasn't signed within a week after being negotiated.

Couldn't have said it better myself. You can't make this s <_< t up. :lol:

To say they are honoring it could simply mean they are not going to try to pull an Al Davis or a RW (see Wade Phillips) and pay him for the next two years but still fire him. Unless they clearly have told DJ he's not coming back, what else could they say.

Exactly...

I could be wrong...BUT...It just seems to Me if the Bills were sure they were bringing Dead Dick back they would have told the Press already...Does anyone think they actually WANT to answer these questions over and over again...At the same time, they want DJ to finish out the Season...If they said He was gone right now they know it would not go over well with some of the Players...So not commenting is about all they can do right now...And saying they will honor His Contract only assures they will pay him...That's all... <_<

Exactly...

I could be wrong...BUT...It just seems to Me if the Bills were sure they were bringing Dead Dick back they would have told the Press already...Does anyone think they actually WANT to answer these questions over and over again...At the same time, they want DJ to finish out the Season...If they said He was gone right now they know it would not go over well with some of the Players...So not commenting is about all they can do right now...And saying they will honor His Contract only assures they will pay him...That's all... <_<

I was thinking the exact same thing. I still highly doubt he will be the coach in 2009, but I do believe he will be getting paid to be. The Bills can be incompetent, but the beauty of having a marketing guy up front is that he can communicate better than anyone the value of a product we don't despise. Loving the Bills has been tough, but I am getting indifferent and that is a tough place to be.

Why doesn't this mean he hasn't signed it yet?

The Buffalo Bills' fast start reportedly has earned coach Dick Jauron a three-year contract extension.

The NFL Network reported Sunday that Jauron and the Bills have agreed to a three-year extension that will keep the coach in Buffalo through the 2011 season.

Jauron, who entered this season in the final year of his initial contract with the team, has the Bills tied atop the AFC East with a 5-2 record after Sunday's 25-16 loss to the Miami Dolphins.

I know it doesn't technically say it was signed but I can't think of one contract that wasn't signed within a week after being negotiated.

I'm gonna catch some flack for this, but I can think of another Buffalo sports contract that was supposedly negotiated and agreed to and never signed, and happened to the Buffalo Sabres... <_<