Let's say the Bills pick 12th

Justice

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you reach for Alex Mack at that spot knowing he wont be there when we pick again in the second?

I would. He (Mack) is a definite upgrade at center and can change our offense completely.

Did you know that Mack isn't the only center in the draft?

is mack even going to go THAT early?

He is expected to go in the mid-late first round.

As I said in the other thread, I don't expect Johnson/ Orakpo to last past the top 10 so they're out of the discussion. The DE I like is George Selvie for USF. (Reminds me of Freeny) So I would try and grab him or Maualuga if he actually dropped to us.

As for Mack, I want to try and trade back up to grab him. He is the next K. Mawae IMO, and I would hate to miss out on him.

theres actually a lot of good centers comeing out this year...

Alex Mack, California - Height: 6-5. Weight: 316

Jonathan Luigs, Arkansas - Height: 6-4. Weight: 314

Antoine Caldwell, Alabama - Height: 6-3. Weight: 294

Josh McNeil*, Tennessee - Height: 6-4. Weight: 289

A.Q. Shipley, Penn State - Height: 6-1. Weight: 298

Max Unger, Oregon - Height: 6-5. Weight: 300

Eric Wood, Louisville - Height: 6-4. Weight: 304

i would rather Buffalo go with my draft in my sig... :doh:

While Mack may turn out to be great, there are several Centers in this draft that are potentially just as good and will be way cheaper on draft day.

In my opinion, what we have to do is clear: This team needs an impact player. Period. We don't need to trade down, we don't need more depth, we need PLAYMAKERS. Our first pick will have to be either a DE or a DE. If an Orapko or Johnson aren't there when we pick (anywhere between 8 and 10), we trade UP and get one.

If I have to see one more year of Kelsey AND Denney starting, I'll f'ing VOMIT.

IMO, we should go:

1. DE

2. TE

3. C

4. LB

5. WR

6. whatever

7. etc.

Hopefully we can get a solid LB in FA to fill in for Crowells spot, b/c Ellison isn't cut out to be a starter. If we can't get a LB in FA, then we'll have to draft one high and move the TE down a round or two. That's what I would do at least.

Mack is the best center out there, period, and none of the others are close.

I think that getting a center who can hold up against the huge nose tackles in this division is going to make a huge difference, huge, in the offense. It often happens that a line that looks terrible can suddenly look very good with one guy replaced. I think with a good center we will see a quantum improvement in this OL, and that will make us a much much better team.

To me, center is as big a need as DE. And both are huge!!

I would be VERY disappointed if we come out of the draft without either Mack or Luigs. We need a very big guy in there to go against Kris Jenkins, Jason Ferguson and Wilfork.

To me, if we don't think that Luigs will be available when we pick in round 2, then yes, get Mack in the first. It's not a bargain, but it will be the single biggest impact player we could pick up. DEs take a while to get going.

I think that getting a center who can hold up against the huge nose tackles in this division is going to make a huge difference, huge, in the offense. It often happens that a line that looks terrible can suddenly look very good with one guy replaced. I think with a good center we will see a quantum improvement in this OL, and that will make us a much much better team.

I would be VERY disappointed if we come out of the draft without either Mack or Luigs. We need a very big guy in there to go against Kris Jenkins, Jason Ferguson and Wilfork.

To me, if we don't think that Luigs will be available when we pick in round 2, then yes, get Mack in the first. It's not a bargain, but it will be the single biggest impact player we could pick up. DEs take a while to get going.

Point taken, and I do agree that C is a big need.

I just feel that there's a considerable dropoff in talent from the top DE's in a draft to the ones in rounds 3+, year in, year out. While the same doesn't appear to be true for OL. Of course, I haven't done a study on this...it's just observation, and I could very well be wrong. That's just the impression that I get.

Also, while our OL might not be great, pass protection has been quite well all year long. Both JP and Trent have had ages standing back there in the pocket. Run blocking could use a bit of an improvement though.

Our D-line on the other hand, well, they simply always fail to get a pass rush. I think we went a stretch of something like 3 games with 1.5 total sacks. Unacceptable for an NFL team--especially one that runs a tampa/cover 2.

Depends on where the projections are, who the FO determines is the C they want, etc. Probably best either to trade down to later 1st and use an extra pick or two on a DE(s), or stay and trade back up to get Mack, et al. I just want a good combo of smart, big and nasty at the position; someone who won't get blown back toward the QB like every one of our centers since Hull (Jerry O, the kid who went to the Giants --- drawing a blank here, Teague, Fowler, and Preston). Draft process doesn't always go smoothly, tho, and then again, there's four thousand things that'll happen b/w now and April.

It would be nice to not have to pay an UFA center the kind of $ they see, and perhaps spend that money elsewhere. Would be nice to get into the habit of developing some of our own OL. Also, I'd say that our OL is much closer to being a finished product than the DL. It would be nice to actually complete a unit rather than scurrying around trying to fill holes at various and sundry spots on the roster. This may be the year we get to relax a little bit in that regard and finally address some longstanding needs.

actually..if Bills pick 8-12 Id like to see them trade down to like 20-25 and get an extra #2 and/or #3...use 1st round on Mack and use 2 #2's on DE and OLB..then go 3-TE, 3-DT, 4-CB, 5-OG, 6-QB, 7-whocares

right now Bills are sitting at pick 12..i can see 49ers and chargers winning 1 more atleast and Buffalo loseing rest of season...this would put Bills at about pick 8-10

1-lions 0-14

2-chiefs 2-12

2-rams 2-12

4-bengals 2-11-1

5-seahawks 3-11

5-raiders 3-11

7-browns 4-10

8-49ers 5-9

8-packers 5-9

8-jax 5-9

11-chargers 6-8

12-bills 6-8

13-saints 7-7

13-redskins 7-7

13-texans 7-7

16-arizona 8-6

16-bears 8-6

16-broncos 8-6

19-philly 8-5-1

20-atl 9-5

20-bucs 9-5

20-vikings 9-5

20-dallas 9-5

20-ravens 9-5

20-miami 9-5

20-ne* 9-5

20-jets 9-5

28-colts 10-4

29-panthers 11-3

29-nyg 11-3

29-pitt 11-3

32-tenn 12-2

...no way we are drafting yet another LB in the first or second round.

WTF! At least do a little research before posting this crap. Since 1987, the Bills have drafted 3 LB's in either the first(Conlan) or second round(Cowart and Poz).

That is 3 in 21 years! So much for "yet another LB in the first or second round"? <_<

The Bills don't Need to "reach" for anybody...This Team has talent and needs to refine a couple Positions and improve the Depth...If none of the Bills major Needs (DE, TE, OLB, WR) was available at #12, a Trade Down would seem to be the thing to do...This Bills Roster has some talent, and even a little bit of Depth...Stockpiling Draft Picks could seemingly round out this Roster quite well...No need to reach...There never is... <_<

The Bills need to go offence heavy in this draft. The defence is currently goodenough to keep them in games. It won't be considered a top 5 -10 defence, but tis not a problem. Adding a pass rushing DE would be nice, but theres bigger more pressing needs on offence that must be addressed if this team is going to succeed. If they don't spend the offseason upgrading the offence, they will need the best defence in the league to hold teams under 6 points to have any chance to win games. This current defence is good enough to hold teams to around 20 points, they now need an offence that can score more then FG's if they want to see the playoffs next year.

OC, TE, FB, Some depth forthe rest of the o-line, WR are all musts or else they will be stuck again looking at the playoffs from the outside

I disagree with this. I think you the whole top part of the draft into the defense. Get a bookend pass rusher @ 12 & trade back into the 1st to get a playmaking linebacker. You get those two spots filled & this is a top 10 defense. Grab a wr in free agency & maybe some help on the oline. The funny thing that gets lost during this losing streak is that the oline has played it's best football for the last month & half.

actually..if Bills pick 8-12 Id like to see them trade down to like 20-25 and get an extra #2 and/or #3...use 1st round on Mack and use 2 #2's on DE and OLB..then go 3-TE, 3-DT, 4-CB, 5-OG, 6-QB, 7-whocares

right now Bills are sitting at pick 12..i can see 49ers and chargers winning 1 more atleast and Buffalo loseing rest of season...this would put Bills at about pick 8-10

1-lions 0-14

2-chiefs 2-12

2-rams 2-12

4-bengals 2-11-1

5-seahawks 3-11

5-raiders 3-11

7-browns 4-10

8-49ers 5-9

8-packers 5-9

8-jax 5-9

11-chargers 6-8

12-bills 6-8

13-saints 7-7

13-redskins 7-7

13-texans 7-7

16-arizona 8-6

16-bears 8-6

16-broncos 8-6

19-philly 8-5-1

20-atl 9-5

20-bucs 9-5

20-vikings 9-5

20-dallas 9-5

20-ravens 9-5

20-miami 9-5

20-ne* 9-5

20-jets 9-5

28-colts 10-4

29-panthers 11-3

29-nyg 11-3

29-pitt 11-3

32-tenn 12-2

Why is it that every bills fan always want to trade down? Can we get some quality in the draft for once? Get the bluechip pass rushing DE. There are three of them available. If we lose the rest of our games like I suspect we will we should be picking in the top 10. That spot should get us one of them.

Alex Mack isn't the be-all end all at C this year. Eric Wood, Unger (who I really think can be a phenom at Center for a team), Luigs and Caldwell are all good centers. But at 12? Unless it's a the late late first round, he's not getting picked. And that's not a knock on him - look at all the underclassmen that are thought to declare this year out of fear of the CBA changing the wage structure for rookies. Teams can go for impact pass rushers, wideouts, corners, guards and tackles that wouldn't be there and then count on Mack in the mid 2nd or even the 3rd.