Schonert tosses JP under the bus

bills_fan

I didn't see this posted, but here goes...

Fullback Corey McIntyre, the outlet receiver who should have been in the flat, was jammed, and Losman never saw Elam coming on a run blitz from his blind side. He lost the ball, and Ellis rumbled in for the touchdown.

Jauron didn't comment when asked if Losman should have been more aware and careful with the ball.

"I'm not gonna go there," he said. "It's on my shoulders to protect him, to keep him from that situation, and I didn't do it."

Juaron's offensive coordinator wasn't shy in placing the blame on Losman.

"He's got to see the blitz," Schonert said. "When the fullback gets stuffed immediately, he's got to either protect it or just throw it away."

Losman, who threw three interceptions, took the blame.

"I should've thrown the ball away as soon as I saw it wasn't there," he said. "Either way it's a tough situation. The call was made, and I've got to hold on to the ball."

Lynch declined to comment on why he wasn't given the opportunity to try to pick up one more first down and run out the clock.

While technically correct, Schonert should have been asked why even put Losman in that situation. I am so f*cking sick of watching OC's try and show everyone how smart they are by throwing all the friggin time. Sometimes, simple works. Look at Pittsburgh.

Full article

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12152008/sport...ills_144255.htm

Sometimes, simple works.

Agreed...

But more than that...Jauron has a knack for making the wrong decision...The decision that ultimately backfires...Whether He comes down on the side of conservative or aggressive decisions, it matters not...All too often it's the wrong decision and this is why He's a career loser as a HC...For whatever reason, it turns out to be the wrong decision all too often...

So whether or not it's simple or complicated...it matters not...Dead Dick has a knack for losing winnable Games...It's Coaches like Dead Dick that make it possible for average Coaches like Mangini to keep their Jobs...As long as DJ's around there is no way Mangini or Sporano have to worry about being the worst HC in the AFC East...That much seems certain... :rolleyes:

If the play works, it is a great play. If it does not work, it is a bad play.

In theory a play action pass in that situation is not a bad call - as long as the QB protects the ball. That did not happen. It turned out to be a disaster.

On the other hand, the team played hard. We will have a better pick to plug a hole. We were not going to the playoffs anyway.

As an aside, I was miserable after the earlier losses this year. Now that we are out of the playoffs, I am already looking ahead.

While technically correct, Schonert should have been asked why even put Losman in that situation. I am so f*cking sick of watching OC's try and show everyone how smart they are by throwing all the friggin time. Sometimes, simple works. Look at Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh????!!! The same Steeler team that spiked the ball with about a minute left on the clock, with first and goal from the 4? If they lost, Tomlin would be sitting right next to Jauron right now.

In theory a play action pass in that situation is not a bad call - as long as the QB protects the ball. That did not happen. It turned out to be a disaster.

On the other hand, the team played hard. We will have a better pick to plug a hole. We were not going to the playoffs anyway.

As an aside, I was miserable after the earlier losses this year. Now that we are out of the playoffs, I am already looking ahead.

Let me save you the effort of looking ahead because this is what you'll see: MORE OF THE SAME :rolleyes: MORE OF THE SAME :w00t: MORE OF THE SAME :censored: MORE OF THE SAME :thumbsup: MORE OF THE SAME :lol: MORE OF THE SAME :lol: MORE OF THE SAME :wallbash: MORE OF THE SAME :wallbash: MORE OF THE SAME :wallbash:

Get the picture??? :wallbash:

Coaches should understand their players weaknesses. JP has a history of holding the ball and trying to make something out of nothing - useally with the results we saw yesterday. Turk was without class when he threw JP under the bus. What he said may be the truth but it also shows why he has failed as a coach. I would not be inspired to play for him.

It's not the play, it's the combination of plays that have done this team in. Whether the play would have worked or not, misses the lack of confidence this team has had since week five. It reminds me of the "brilliant" call Greggo made to salvage a win against Carolina in '01. Gutsy pass to Campbell preserves the win and masks the otherwise disastrous decisions by that regime.

At least there's no masking in this season. Hooray for a top 10 pick.

Pittsburgh????!!! The same Steeler team that spiked the ball with about a minute left on the clock, with first and goal from the 4? If they lost, Tomlin would be sitting right next to Jauron right now.

I love this post...so many times I see Tomlins name used to justify us hiring a unproven coordinator or someone who isnt even a coordinator yet if we fire DJ...Truth is, Tomlin SHOULD NOT be the measuring stick of succesful unproven coaches as he already cost his team a win with a bone head call, then duplicated the call in the Dallas game which he was about to lose until Romo bailed him out, then made another dumb call in Balt this week. He wins because of the immense talent on the Pittsburgh team, not because he is out coaching anyone. Its funny how wins can hide bad coaching...If Tomlin was in Buffalo this year, I doubt our record would be any better...

Coaches should understand their players weaknesses. JP has a history of holding the ball and trying to make something out of nothing - useally with the results we saw yesterday. Turk was without class when he threw JP under the bus. What he said may be the truth but it also shows why he has failed as a coach. I would not be inspired to play for him.

I rather listen to Turk then listen to Jauron lame excuse every week and his boring press conference.

Let me save you the effort of looking ahead because this is what you'll see: MORE OF THE SAME :rolleyes: MORE OF THE SAME :w00t: MORE OF THE SAME :censored: MORE OF THE SAME :thumbsup: MORE OF THE SAME :lol: MORE OF THE SAME :lol: MORE OF THE SAME :wallbash: MORE OF THE SAME :wallbash: MORE OF THE SAME :wallbash:

Get the picture??? :wallbash:

Did you say: MORE OF THE SAME

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have lived with this team my entire life. I went through all of the down days and the Super Bowl years.

As I told my uncle when my first son was born: I feel sorry for Nicholas. Because of me, he is going to grow up a Buffalo Bills fan and will be faced with misery his entire life. My NY Met fan uncle (who hates the Yankees) thought for a moment and said: Go ahead and make him a Yankee fan. They are world series champions about 25% of the time and your son will be on easy street.

Did you say: MORE OF THE SAME

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have lived with this team my entire life. I went through all of the down days and the Super Bowl years.

As I told my uncle when my first son was born: I feel sorry for Nicholas. Because of me, he is going to grow up a Buffalo Bills fan and will be faced with misery his entire life. My NY Met fan uncle (who hates the Yankees) thought for a moment and said: Go ahead and make him a Yankee fan. They are world series champions about 25% of the time and your son will be on easy street.

I hear ya. I've lived around the country and the world and supported the Bills every step of the way. This has been the most disappointing season ever. This team is stuck in mediocrity and IMO, poised to stay there. I really believe that Bills fans are the greatest, but at some point, ownership, management, and the players have to meet you half way.

I still dont understand why they didnt just run a sweep with pulling guards? I mean they run that play left & right all day long and got very positive yardage on it. Thats what they should have run. The last thing they should have ever done was put the ball in the air with a QB known for fumbling the ball away when he's hit.

Turk Shonert needs to be canned period!!!! :rolleyes:

In fairness to Turk, the offense is averaging 30 more yards per game and a touchdown more than last year. Questionable playcal lfor sure, but it's not Turk's fault that Losman is a complete retard. And to think people actually still defend him. Fairchild worked a miracle with that loser in 2006.

Turk Shonert needs to be canned period!!!! :rolleyes:

I agree :w00t:

Ive been saying Turk "shotgun" Schonert has an overriding stupidity from his "back up" QB mentality,He was a back up QB in the NFL for 10 years.

He will always screw whomever his QB is because he wants to force the throw in situations where clearly a run would be much more logical.

I agree :rolleyes:

Ive been saying Turk "shotgun" Schonert has an overriding stupidity from his "back up" QB mentality,He was a back up QB in the NFL for 10 years.

He will always screw whomever his QB is because he wants to force the throw in situations where clearly a run would be much more logical.

So Jason Garrett is a bad coordinator then? Name one coordinator who could make Losman look good? He is a coach killer.

Agreed...

But more than that...Jauron has a knack for making the wrong decision...The decision that ultimately backfires...Whether He comes down on the side of conservative or aggressive decisions, it matters not...All too often it's the wrong decision and this is why He's a career loser as a HC...For whatever reason, it turns out to be the wrong decision all too often...

So whether or not it's simple or complicated...it matters not...Dead Dick has a knack for losing winnable Games...It's Coaches like Dead Dick that make it possible for average Coaches like Mangini to keep their Jobs...As long as DJ's around there is no way Mangini or Sporano have to worry about being the worst HC in the AFC East...That much seems certain... :w00t:

Like going for it on 4th down at NE a few years back, when a FG would suffice? Seem to remember we lost by 3 points that day :rolleyes:

In fairness to Turk, the offense is averaging 30 more yards per game and a touchdown more than last year. Questionable playcal lfor sure, but it's not Turk's fault that Losman is a complete retard. And to think people actually still defend him. Fairchild worked a miracle with that loser in 2006.

I have been trying to give Turk the benefit of the doubt this year since it's his first year. The offense is better than last year, but a little too pass happy for my tastes.

I also totally believe that it was Dicks' call. This call is consistent with the dumb decision making of the last 2 years pre Turk as OC.

But the call is doubly dumb because the coaches are totally aware of JP's knack for mistakes and sacks and fumbles. That's one of the things that makes it so dumb. I mean, why not put Brian Moorman back there to run the ball? They'd never expect that and he looked good running on that fake punt in the first Jets game. It would be just as dumb.

Dick just over thinks this stuff. It's football, not rocket science for cryin' out loud.