It becomes more and more clear to me

Like A Mofo

As the NFL grows more and more each year and the super powers, Dallas, Washington, New York, etc get more and more $ because of various reasons (high ticket prices, modern stadiums etc) it has become clear as day to me if the Buffalo Bills want to be able to attract some prospective UFA's and 'keep up with the Joneses" as they say, it is time to bid adois to the Ralph and build a modern stadium either in Orchard Park or downtown Buffalo.

And having said that, as a Bills fan, we yearn to see our team be the very best it can be. In order to do that,for example would you pay double the price or MORE for the tickets you pay now if that meant the Bills would 'have enough $' to go out and get a Bill Cowher as a HC?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The major problem with that is financing the stadium......Ralph has a lot MORE money to spend by playing at the Ralph. There is no debt service on the team or the stadium. The roughly 20M in profit he makes on the Bills per year would be completely gone on just the interest per year on the financing of a stadium, leaving no money for free agents etc...

I think everyone would love to have a new stadium, state of the art but I cannot see where the money would come from. If/when the Bills get sold it will have to come from the state/county, NFL and then some from the new owners. It would be great if they could make it downtown and part of a convention center etc...so that it would have other functions and ways to make income. But again, it is not having that kind of debt that keeps the Bills here. We'll see, but it is not happening during Ralph's time as he would lose huge money on it.

and who do you expect to pay $250,000 for a luxury box or $40,000 for a PSL or $200 per game? Because that is what these teams with new stadiums are charging.

Ummmm, no. You can't just take Dallas and NY and act as though that's the norm for the rest of the league. Teams like Baltimore, for example, charge $600 for a PSL and season tickets range from $60 to $160 per game. That's not unreasonable at all.

As for the luxury boxes, that has to be corporate money. Why do you think the Bills are playing games in Toronto, which is the largest source of corporate funds within a 200 mile radius?

A new stadium is nothing more than dressing. What the Bills need is a winning team on the field. Put a consistent, winning team on the field; become a perennial playoff team and then you'll have all the fans and money you want. Building a new stadium doesn't make the team start winning. A real coaching staff might. The choice seems fairly easy to me.

Ummmm, no. You can't just take Dallas and NY and act as though that's the norm for the rest of the league. Teams like Baltimore, for example, charge $600 for a PSL and season tickets range from $60 to $160 per game. That's not unreasonable at all.

As for the luxury boxes, that has to be corporate money. Why do you think the Bills are playing games in Toronto, which is the largest source of corporate funds within a 200 mile radius?

You are right....but what about Arizona, as an example then?

Or Tampa Bay?

Yes, I did go high end so I apologize for that and I know why they are playing in Toronto, but the original post did mention Dallas, Washington and New York. Point being a new stadium does not mean much because the revenue would not increase like some think. While the prices for the Ravens are not unreasonable, do you think Bills fans would pay the extra money needed for a new stadium? Some might but most will not.

As the NFL grows more and more each year and the super powers, Dallas, Washington, New York, etc get more and more $ because of various reasons (high ticket prices, modern stadiums etc) it has become clear as day to me if the Buffalo Bills want to be able to attract some prospective UFA's and 'keep up with the Joneses" as they say, it is time to bid adois to the Ralph and build a modern stadium either in Orchard Park or downtown Buffalo.

And having said that, as a Bills fan, we yearn to see our team be the very best it can be. In order to do that,for example would you pay double the price or MORE for the tickets you pay now if that meant the Bills would 'have enough $' to go out and get a Bill Cowher as a HC?

I would love to see a new stadium downtown but I do not think it's necessary to keep up in the NFL. Look at it like this all the other markets raised prices and spent like crazy when the econmy was great, now it's not going to be that way. What if Dallas has less takers on their overpriced club tickets and cancellations on boxes from struggling companies. I believe that the big market teams have gotten too greedy and could pay for it in this econmy. I'm gald Ralph is not carrying a huge debt service on the club right now. BTW going to a game at the Ralph is still fun I think the stadium in still nice.

They have newer suites & club seating areas. The rest of the stadium is in good shape. What is building a new stadium going to do for the Bills and the bigger question...who is going to pay for it?

I still don't understand the point of a new stadium. What can they do to make it nicer? Urinals in every seat?

Well, depending on what section you're in and how much those around you have been drinking, there just may be urinals in those seats at any given time.

GO BILLS!!!

They have newer suites & club seating areas. The rest of the stadium is in good shape. What is building a new stadium going to do for the Bills and the bigger question...who is going to pay for it?

I think the local tax payers would have to foot a major portion of the bill.

A new stadium is nothing more than dressing. What the Bills need is a winning team on the field. Put a consistent, winning team on the field; become a perennial playoff team and then you'll have all the fans and money you want. Building a new stadium doesn't make the team start winning. A real coaching staff might. The choice seems fairly easy to me.

Pretty much nailed it.

As long as Ralph owns the Bills, a new stadium isn't needed. (Who ever heard of a stadium being an issue for a Free Agent? Maybe grass vs. turf, but I don't think a player gives a crap about luxury suites, as long as he gets paid.)

A new owner, OTOH, will have to have a new stadium, with more high $$ premium seating in order to make the deal work, I think.

Wow,

Where does one start?

Stadium: Estimated cost 800 million to 1 billion.

Who will pay for it? Tax payers in New York State and Erie County.

What are the chances of it happening (in view of the hundreds of millions already spent in upgrading the Ralph? Zero

Why would it not be feasible? State in fiscal crisis. County in fiscal crisis. Declining tax base for both. Declining economy in city, county, state, region, and country.

Zero Fortune 500 companies in area: FYI, even small market brethren have more Fortune 500 companies (Cincinnati 6, Milwaukee/Green Bay 6, New Orleans 2, Jacksonville 7) than rock bottom Buffalo.

In terms of spirit, Buffalo is a great market. In terms of economic climate and money, it is probably the worst.

Bill Cowher: I love Buffalo and have made it my home for 35 years but why the F___ do you think Cowher would ever want to come to Buffalo? You might as well wish that Giselle Bundchen was going to knock at your door and tell you that she needs your love. This is a guy who's going to be on the top of everyone's list and he's going to pick Buffalo over places with more money, more prestige, a better owner, better climate, etc? The chances of Cowher coaching the Bills is almost as miniscule as the Bills getting a new stadium.

With Christmas approaching we should probably be working on a more realistic wish list.