Congrats UAW - you dumb, greedy bastards

ACor58

Making $75/hr including benefit packages. Which read above the UAW has already billions of dollars worth of concessions. What else does the worker have to give up? How about working for $7 per hour... would that be good for some of you people?

How did you get from $75 to $7? How about $40-$45 per hour including benefits like everyone else makes? How do you justify taxpayers paying for these benefits for these specific people that the taxpayers themselves do not have? What exactly is wrong with requiring all UAW members to contribute 20% of the cost of their health insurance premiums like the average person in the US does?

Keep making excuses. The world is waking up to the fact that your old arguments just don't hold water.

Let me answer AGAIN. Yes. Once concessions come in to play their pay including benefits will place them roughly $5-$6 higher than the FOREIGN-owned automaker employees.

Why $5-$6 HIGHER?? Why not the same? Or why not $5-$6 LOWER than the FOREIGN-owned (gonna wrap yourself in the flag now pBills?) auto employees since those guys are NOT asking for a bailout!

Are they asking you for you to pay for their health care for life. Um no.

Um...yes. Why the hell do you think they need the bailout? Is the healthcare fairy paying for it?

Once again, why aren't UAW members paying 20% of the cost of their health insurance like the average US worker?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Making $75/hr including benefit packages. Which read above the UAW has already billions of dollars worth of concessions. What else does the worker have to give up? How about working for $7 per hour... would that be good for some of you people?

I'd rather be working for $7 an hour than not working at all.

The UAW is set to lose a hell of a lot more then a wage decrease. They bluffed and the Senate called it.

How did you get from $75 to $7? How about $40-$45 per hour including benefits like everyone else makes? How do you justify taxpayers paying for these benefits for these specific people that the taxpayers themselves do not have? What exactly is wrong with requiring all UAW members to contribute 20% of the cost of their health insurance premiums like the average person in the US does?

Keep making excuses. The world is waking up to the fact that your old arguments just don't hold water.

Ok. I am done with this constant union bashing.

I'll go with your master plan. Let the big 3 fail. Eventually have another million people out of work. Makes sense to me. But that's ok.... for you guys it's all the unions fault. <_<:wallbash: :wallbash:

Next, let's buy more and rely more on outsourcing and foreign products (Walmart). Great plan KD :thumbsup:

Once concessions come in to play their pay including benefits will place them roughly $5-$6 higher than the FOREIGN-owned automaker employees.

Hmmm.....

$6.00 per hour x 40 hrs x 52 weeks = $12,480 per employee

600,000 active members x $12,480 = $7,488,000,000 per year!!!!!

Please stop blaming the union. It's absolutely ridiculous. And I have no idea how many times I have to say this. Parity relating to benefits would come through the concessions the UAW has already taken on. Any other cut would be ridiculous. I find it sad that these people can't/won't see what will happen if these companies go under. The cities in which GM plants reside will eventually die... and more people will out of work. Just sad.

Well let's see now...what happened when AMC, Cord, DeLorean, DeSoto, Hudson, Hupmobile, Kaiser, Nash, Packard, Studebaker, Tucker, and all of these companies went under...

List

Oh yeah, that's right, economic equilibrium ran its course and the industry adjusted, built cars that folks wanted to buy, and filled whatever void was created by the companies that disappeared. I suspect that will happen again with Toyota and Honda filling the void left by GM - in fact, it already has.

And who are you to say what they are worth? The government really wants to help companies and people out fix the f'ing health care industry.

I don't say what someone's worth - the market does. You're worth whatever someone's willing to pay you. Now that the auto industry is no longer willing to pay these guys $75/hr, you think someone else will? Really? Please pass the joint.

Well, how 'bout the ones who were working for $75/hr take a $68/hr pay cut for a while, and give it to the ones making $7/hr? That work for you?

Nope. I am done. Damn those a-hole unions. How dare they protect the workers. I can't believe in any of the good things that they have done for the American Worker. I hope every job gets outsourced and we as a country import more from foreign countries. And for those who don't like those ideas, we'll let a few set up shop here with huge subsidies.

Viva la India!!

I'll go with your master plan. Let the big 3 fail. Eventually have another million people out of work. Makes sense to me. But that's ok.... for you guys it's all the unions fault. <_<:wallbash::wallbash:

Next, let's buy more and rely more on outsourcing and foreign products (Walmart). Great plan KD :thumbsup:

Nothing seems to make sense to you, that's your problem. You're as one sided on this arguement as anyone can be.

The union isn't entirely to blame, but it sure as hell didn't help in the downfall. And if it doesn't take some more of the responsibility then it will be as much to blame for the failure of these companies as mismanagement from the top.

But you keep on campaigning for the great American union worker, who's union would rather have it be unemployed then take a modest pay cut. :wallbash:

I'll go with your master plan. Let the big 3 fail. Eventually have another million people out of work. Makes sense to me. But that's ok.... for you guys it's all the unions fault. <_<:wallbash::wallbash:

Translation: I am a blind union partisan who can't support my arguments and have no valid answers to your questions.

--No justification for making $6/hr MORE than the guys who are NOT asking for a bailout.

--No justification for not requiring ANY contribution to the cost of health care premiums like everyone else does in the US.

And in your desperate last gasp you actually throw out the magic 'Walmart' word! Yup, keep ignoring the fact that tens of thousands of US automakers are making a good wage building cars for companies that aren't wasteful, stupid and greedy and DON'T require unions to make that happen and DON'T require the taxpayers money to stay afloat. And keep ignoring the fact that the US automakers can file for Cp 11, fix the management, fix the distribution model, kill the unions and come back as companies with valid business models.

Thanks for playing.

Nope. I am done. Damn those a-hole unions. How dare they protect the workers. I can't believe in any of the good things that they have done for the American Worker. I hope every job gets outsourced and we as a country import more from foreign countries. And for those who don't like those ideas, we'll let a few set up shop here with huge subsidies.

Viva la India!!

Unions are an old tired idea. They had their worth a long time ago, but their time has come and gone. Now, unions are for lazy unskilled workers who don't want to be called out on their bull sh--. God forbid some of these lazy ass union guys making 100K to sweep the floor actually have to get off their ass and work for once in their life.

$6.00 per hour x 40 hrs x 52 weeks = $12,480 per employee

600,000 active members x $12,480 = $7,488,000,000 per year!!!!!

Hey, no fair using math! This would all be fixed if the CEO would take a pay cut. <_<

Oh, and don't forget to factor in time and a half becuase it's raining on a Wednesday or whatever other crap they've forced into the deal.

Unions are an old tired idea. They had their worth a long time ago, but their time has come and gone. Now, unions are for lazy unskilled workers who don't want to be called out on their bull sh--. God forbid some of these lazy ass union guys making 100K to sweep the floor actually have to get off their ass and work for once in their life.

While reforming the autoworker unions is definitely necessary, let's not forget about all the other stupid union/union rules that pollute our nation, like when you got to set up a booth for your trade show, but you can't plug a light into an electrical socket because some rule states you gotta have a union electrician come and do that for you. Which takes around an hour or more to make happen. Or that your gear sits on the loading dock for hours until some union guy comes around to load up the 3 smallish boxes on a dolley to wheel 20 feet to your stall.

I'm sure people here have tons of examples of stupid union rules they could tell.

It's tough for me to feel bad for uneducated, unskilled workers making $30 an hour for 30+ years. They had it good. Time to apply at Walmart.

I usually agree with you ink... Yet, this explains everything about us as a society. It is sad. In a country where we are supposed to value "family"... Your statement is the ultimate "pissing contest" statement.

Don't get me wrong... I think education is of the utmost important... Corection: Thee most important... I just don't get into begrudging people... And if I do, I try to make it fleeting.

No matter if you think the union guys make $45/hour or $75/hour, the average American makes $18/hour, asking them to support an industry that is failing, isn't the way to go.

FYI - The youth of the nation should be the most concerned with all these bailout plans, we're putting them in a further and further hole.

FYI - The youth of the nation should be the most concerned with all these bailout plans, we're putting them in a further and further hole.

good thing your are getting so old.......PS......you coming up for X-Mas or anything like that?

Translation: I am a blind union partisan who can't support my arguments and have no valid answers to your questions.

--No justification for making $6/hr MORE than the guys who are NOT asking for a bailout.

--No justification for not requiring ANY contribution to the cost of health care premiums like everyone else does in the US.

And in your desperate last gasp you actually throw out the magic 'Walmart' word! Yup, keep ignoring the fact that tens of thousands of US automakers are making a good wage building cars for companies that aren't wasteful, stupid and greedy and DON'T require unions to make that happen and DON'T require the taxpayers money to stay afloat. And keep ignoring the fact that the US automakers can file for Cp 11, fix the management, fix the distribution model, kill the unions and come back as companies with valid business models.

Thanks for playing.

Ok, I had to do one last one because KD is a dickweed.

KD you talk about being blind to discussion yet all you have done is bash the union. You have not once that you even understand any part of their side. Talk about being blind. Example "Kill the unions"

I have always said that things have to change with the health care plans. If they can't reduce the costs, people should put may into their coverage a bit.

I do not believe that there is any problem with these men and women making on average $6 more than the non LOAN asking companies. They have already taken a huge hit in both health care, pensions and eventually in wages. Plus, the problem with these companies is not all the unions fault.

In my desperate grasp? Such a tool. I threw out Walmart because as people should know or in your in case probably blind to it. They undercut their employees, kill small town stores and import more from China than some nations. Yet, people like you praise them.

Have you realized that if the big 3 go under those other companies you love will be negatively affected as well? And you also keep ignoring that if they file for bankruptcy it will still kill the company. Who would buy from a bankrupt company? Especially when people still believe that their product is bad?

No matter if you think the union guys make $45/hour or $75/hour, the average American makes $18/hour, asking them to support an industry that is failing, isn't the way to go.

NEWSFLASH: The "youth of the nation" have been parented by the Baby-Boomer generation... They have been bailed out their whole life. They EXPECT to be bailed out from womb to tomb.

Do you think that youth has a concept of what being dug into a hole is?

<_<:thumbsup:

Have you realized that if the big 3 go under those other companies you love will be negatively affected as well? And you also keep ignoring that if they file for bankruptcy it will still kill the company. Who would buy from a bankrupt company? Especially when people still believe that their product is bad?

Have you realized that the 'Big 3' used to be four until Chrysler swallowed up American Motors? Last I looked, the sun is still rising every morning, and it will continue to while Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and other companies with better products, more sound business practices, and more sane labour agreements fill the void left by GM's disappearance.