Congrats UAW - you dumb, greedy bastards

ACor58

If the union would have taken a pay cut would you have been willing to take one ???? Why is that just the union people have to take a cut ? No one in management would have to take one .

A lot of people are over paid in this world , just look at baseball and other sports . Even the lawmakers are way over paid and have one hell of a pension system .

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the union would have taken a pay cut would you have been willing to take one ???? Why is that just the union people have to take a cut ? No one in management would have to take one .

A lot of people are over paid in this world , just look at baseball and other sports . Even the lawmakers are way over paid and have one hell of a pension system .

???

If you owned a business where you were losing money...you would need to cut costs. A huge cost is payroll and bennies.Thats just the way it is.---Your employees dont have to accept a paycut...but then they will have to accept losing their jobs.

???

If you owned a business where you were losing money...you would need to cut costs. A huge cost is payroll and bennies.Thats just the way it is.---Your employees dont have to accept a paycut...but then they will have to accept losing their jobs.

You make some sense, but although they will suffer the most, unions are not entirely to blame.

I suspect that the foreign automakers were given sweetheart deals to open from the yahoo senators in the southern states. In essence, they are rooting for the big 3 to fold so their friends at Toyota can grow in strength. To these scumbags, slave labor would probably be a good thing.

I will no longer, however symbolic it was, be identified as a registered member of a party that is run by scumbags. The problem is that dems are in essence a bunch of douchebags. This country is in dire need of honest leaders.

No offense, but the "vacation" you speak of is built in to their salary structure. I assure you that if they worked the traditional 12 months of the year they would be compensated for that additional time.

Sure, and this is a good illustration of the problem.

Remember, I am speaking of Long Island, not inner city Baltimore.

Teachers in these rich districts have too much power. Thank God for the SATs. If not for them, my daughter would have attended community college instead of an ivy because I don't kiss their ass and campaign for their inflated school budgets.

Most LI School Boards consist of teachers from other districts. The union funds their campaign, and they give them hefty raises. You can't get a job as a teacher unless you are related to a school board or teachers union officer. The corrution is wide open for all to see. Administrators hire lawyers with tax dollars to get raises for themselves, and the lawyers earn pensions bigger than mine for their part time work.

I am pro-union as a general rule, but this situation of which I speak is out of control.

You make some sense, but although they will suffer the most, unions are not entirely to blame.

I suspect that the foreign automakers were given sweetheart deals to open from the yahoo senators in the southern states. In essence, they are rooting for the big 3 to fold so their friends at Toyota can grow in strength. To these scumbags, slave labor would probably be a good thing.

I will no longer, however symbolic it was, be identified as a registered member of a party that is run by scumbags. The problem is that dems are in essence a bunch of douchebags. This country is in dire need of honest leaders.

I had a very similar reckoning myself, Bill. Honest leaders, indeed.

As for the US-based foreign car makers in the South, etc. Of course they got sweet concessions to build their plants there. And they make a good car. But what cracks me up is how many here and elsewhere take comfort in knowing they bought a car that was made in the USA.

It ain't about where the car is made. It's about where the parts are made. And you can bet your ass the parts for most cars ARE NOT made here. Parts/maintenance is where the money is.

???

I do own a small bussiness. If I put out a sh-- product it would not matter what I paid people . IF I put out a very good product I can charge more and it will sell it for more ..