Congrats UAW - you dumb, greedy bastards

ACor58

Seriously keep spouting off the same nonsense to raise your posting number. I have answered you questions, get over it.

Sorry dude, not answering the question and posting that kind of sorry nonsense are not the same thing.

Once again:

Why do UAW workers deserve to earn $5 more per hour than non-UAW workers? What skills or qualifications do they have to justify the premium for their services?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the Chiristian thing to do is to get paid fairly and be given the opportunity to live a happier family life.

Now when comparing American autoworkers to thier Japanese factory workers... Do the Japanese factory workers get national healthcare?

Why do you begrudge them that $7B... In the grand scheme, it is chump change... Yet, part of it may be your chump change and you don't like it... Right?

Be happy for them.

If $7B is chump change, surely they can come up with it, right? Just a drop in the bucket. A pittance, really. Why ask the government for $15B if it's just chump change?

You obviously aren't worried about losing your job or those around you.

I own my business. If it fails, 110 people lose their jobs (and so do I). Guess who won't rescue me if I make a dumb decision. You. That's how it should be.

And guess who doesn't get paid when cash is tight. Guess who gets paid more when more cash flows in. That's risk/reward and also how it should be.

There's not a GM or Chrysler that I'd buy. Maybe a Cadillac Escalade (that big tank MOFO) if I was in a Tony Soprano mood.

The Ford lineup has at least 5 options I'd consider. I might end up choosing a Toyota but I'd at least consider some Fords and Lincolns. The next time I buy, I'll visit Ford, Toyota, and Honda.

I'd stay away from GM... My father swore by them and never had problems even during the 70's and 80's... I never had problems with Chryslers and even when I did have a repair issue... I found them easy to fix myself. I kinda equate it to building my own PC thing... Everything seems simple, not buried behind a 1,000 different systems... Even changing or upgrading a simple radio, GPS, or whatever they have now seems overcomplicated and different from car to car in a Ford.

Just goes to show you what people what... They want things bundled all in a package in a proprietary way. I found the Japs to be the hardest to figure out that proprietary components they put in their vehicles... Followed by Ford, GM and then Chrysler. But, Chrysler is changing. <_<:thumbsup:

Not the first time. LI 1st grade teachers make more than NYC Detectives.

Yeah, but do they get free donuts? <_<

Btw, I am for the auto bailout. Concessions were made. Perhaps there can be more, but people need jobs. I am a registered repub, and plan to quit the party.

The industry's problems are not only the union wages. Wholesale restructuring of the entire US auto sector is needed, and bankruptcy is the most effective action. The money should come, but only one minute after they file Ch. 11.

Not the first time. LI 1st grade teachers make mre than NYC Detectives.

Btw, I am for the auto bailout. Concessions were made. Perhaps there can be more, but people need jobs. I am a registered repub, and plan to quit the party.

But Bill, if they need jobs so badly, why aren't they saying "we'd be happy to work for the same wages as non-union automakers in the US". Why are we being asked to fund this premium wage?

I don't buy the 'consessions' argument because they've been getting away with murder for decades. So now they are only getting away with armed robbery, but it's ok because they gave a 'consession'?

If they are asking the taxpayers to foot the bill, they shouldn't be making one dime more than the non-union guys. Oh, and that goes for the executive team too. I loved seeing the corporate jet thing blow up in the faces of those arrogant scumbags.

The industry's problems are not only the union wages. Wholesale restructuring of the entire US auto sector is needed, and bankruptcy is the most effective action. The money should come, but only one minute after they file Ch. 11.

Shouldn't there be some light shining down from the heavens to illuminate this succinct but incredibly correct post? With some ah ahhh ah ahhs being sung?

Shouldn't there be some light shining down from the heavens to illuminate this succinct but incredibly correct post? With some ah ahhh ah ahhs being sung?

Nope. Because the same thing has been said for at least the last two months by people who understand the situation, yet here we are.

If $7B is chump change, surely they can come up with it, right? Just a drop in the bucket. A pittance, really. Why ask the government for $15B if it's just chump change?

Because the rest of the world has an unfair advantage over the US... The US is supposed to "tough it out" and be better... Guess what? That is fine and dandy for a time to build one's strength, but in the long run more fail than pull themselves up by the proverbial "boot straps." Those govt's are supporting their industry and slaying us.

Why save for your child's college fund if you are just going to let them tough it out while other parents send their child to the same school under full financial support?

Which student will have a better fighting chance in the long run to succeed?

And if you are confused... The analogy here is the gov't is the parent and the auto industry is the child.

<_<:thumbsup:

GM makes great cars....

in Europe.

So does Ford. I'd seriously consider one of the sportier Mondeo models if they made them available here.

What did they give us? The long gone Ford Contour. <_<

I'd stay away from GM... My father swore by them and never had problems even during the 70's and 80's... I never had problems with Chryslers and even when I did have a repair issue... I found them easy to fix myself. I kinda equate it to building my own PC thing... Everything seems simple, not buried behind a 1,000 different systems... Even changing or upgrading a simple radio, GPS, or whatever they have now seems overcomplicated and different from car to car in a Ford.

Just goes to show you what people what... They want things bundled all in a package in a proprietary way. I found the Japs to be the hardest to figure out that proprietary components they put in their vehicles... Followed by Ford, GM and then Chrysler. But, Chrysler is changing. <_<:thumbsup:

The repairs issue may well be true. I haven't repaired a car in 10 years (nor have I needed to because I buy Japanese cars!). I used to be under the hood of all the crap cars I owned. Back then, my Caprice Classic was by far the easiest to repair and VW Rabbit was the worst but that was mostly because (1) there was no room in the engine compartment and (b) it was a piece of sh--.

But Bill, if they need jobs so badly, why aren't they saying "we'd be happy to work for the same wages as non-union automakers in the US". Why are we being asked to fund this premium wage?

I don't buy the 'consessions' argument because they've been getting away with murder for decades. So now they are only getting away with armed robbery, but it's ok because they gave a 'consession'?

If they are asking the taxpayers to foot the bill, they shouldn't be making one dime more than the non-union guys. Oh, and that goes for the executive team too. I loved seeing the corporate jet thing blow up in the faces of those arrogant scumbags.

So let the companies go under and have possibly millions more out of work?

Question... did the bank execs show up in DC via private jets? Weren't they bailed out as well? I do not agree with them doing that. But it means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme.

So does Ford. I'd seriously consider one of the sportier Mondeo models if they made them available here.

What did they give us? The long gone Ford Contour. <_<

They brought back the Taurus.

As in, they were all out of new crappy ideas, so the brought back an old crappy in the name of progress.

The repairs issue may well be true. I haven't repaired a car in 10 years (nor have I needed to because I buy Japanese cars!). I used to be under the hood of all the crap cars I owned. Back then, my Caprice Classic was by far the easiest to repair and VW Rabbit was the worst but that was mostly because (1) there was no room in the engine compartment and (b) it was a piece of sh--.

I owned 1 Pontiac in my younger days.

Never again.