McNabb

If Trent shows us something down the stretch (by something I literally mean ANYTHING--a freaking touchdown in 3 games would do at this point), I'd still want to give him a shot to regroup in the offseason and start going into next year. However, lets say that Trent continues to be as horrible as he has been since the SD game, what the heck are we going to do? I personally don't want to draft another QB...JP will be gone (not that it matters really)...are we going to go into the '09 season with a QB who's literally afraid to play the game and is turning out to be made of glass?

What would it take to get McNabb in here and does anyone think it would be a realistic possibility? Would it even make a difference if we maintain the same coaches? I'm starting to think P. Manning would be very average on our team with this playcalling.

Thoughts?

If Trent shows us something down the stretch (by something I literally mean ANYTHING--a freaking touchdown in 3 games would do at this point), I'd still want to give him a shot to regroup in the offseason and start going into next year. However, lets say that Trent continues to be as horrible as he has been since the SD game, what the heck are we going to do? I personally don't want to draft another QB...JP will be gone (not that it matters really)...are we going to go into the '09 season with a QB who's literally afraid to play the game and is turning out to be made of glass?

What would it take to get McNabb in here and does anyone think it would be a realistic possibility? Would it even make a difference if we maintain the same coaches? I'm starting to think P. Manning would be very average on our team with this playcalling.

Thoughts?

It wouldn't take much. Lobotomies for the front office would do the trick.

Not sure what it would take but it should definitely be looked into. At least from what one hears on TV and reads on the internet, fans in Philly are tired of Donovan. Not sure about who counts though, the coaches and GM. But I'd love to see it, even if Trent plays well the last 3 weeks. One thing he's consistently shown since he started playing last year is inconsistency. Often, in the same game.

We need a veteran QB who has won big games in the past and knows how to do it and what it takes. Trent and JP have read about big games in comic books.

Not sure what it would take but it should definitely be looked into. At least from what one hears on TV and reads on the internet, fans in Philly are tired of Donovan. Not sure about who counts though, the coaches and GM. But I'd love to see it, even if Trent plays well the last 3 weeks. One thing he's consistently shown since he started playing last year is inconsistency. Often, in the same game.

We need a veteran QB who has won big games in the past and knows how to do it and what it takes. Trent and JP have read about big games in comic books.

Yeah a 37 yr old McNabb is just what Buffalo needs.

Yeah a 37 yr old McNabb is just what Buffalo needs.

Donovan McNabb | #5 | QB

Philadelphia Eagles

Height: 6-2 Weight: 240 Age: 32

Born: 11/25/1976 Chicago , IL

College: Syracuse

Experience: 10th season

High School: Mount Carmel HS [Chicago, IL]

He'd be perfect for Buffalo right now. He's got experience and has even played in the Super Bowl. He can work with the young Bills guys and help them learn how to win. He's got cred, the team will rally around him. He can play for 3 or 4 more years. Trent can watch Donovan and learn, study film, come in and play in mop up situations, and practice for the next couple of years. Then he'll be better prepared to play. Sort of like what the Tuna did with Tony Romo.

Players switch teams for several reasons, but the two primary reasons are:

1. They get a big raise to move.

2. They're happy with the amount of money they've made in their career, but before they retire they want a realistic shot at a Super Bowl with a winning team and/or winning coach.

Which one of those reasons would apply to the Bills?

Players switch teams for several reasons, but the two primary reasons are:

1. They get a big raise to move.

2. They're happy with the amount of money they've made in their career, but before they retire they want a realistic shot at a Super Bowl with a winning team and/or winning coach.

Which one of those reasons would apply to the Bills?

I think you're oversimplifying this. Please use your theory to explain Kurt Warner signing with Arizona or Chad Pennington signing with the Dolphins (in the interests of fairness, please also note Trent Green with the Rams). Good veterans are frequently cast off by teams who are trying to reorganize their franchise for some reason. Such players are often still viable and will usually sign with anyone. There are still other examples that don't conform to these parameters either (Vick and Shaub for example).

I think you're oversimplifying this. Please use your theory to explain Kurt Warner signing with Arizona or Chad Pennington signing with the Dolphins (in the interests of fairness, please also note Trent Green with the Rams). Good veterans are frequently cast off by teams who are trying to reorganize their franchise for some reason. Such players are often still viable and will usually sign with anyone. There are still other examples that don't conform to these parameters either (Vick and Shaub for example).

Drew worked out for us . :rolleyes:

Drew work out for us . :rolleyes:

Bingo.

Bringing in McNabb would be another Bledsoe situation and we'd be griping about him and running him out of town during his second year. I honestly think that bringing in a veteran QB like McNabb would set this team back 2-3 more years.

Trent is the guy right now. Let's give him a chance, please.

the eagles didn't draft a QB in the 2nd round to sit him, and McNabb counts for something like 11 million on their salary cap next year, and nothing if he is let go...he'll be availible, if we can out bid chicago we would have a chance to get him. I don't expect to find a QB any other way. a QB that is from the north and played in the north...these Cali guys need to go!

I think you're oversimplifying this. Please use your theory to explain Kurt Warner signing with Arizona or Chad Pennington signing with the Dolphins (in the interests of fairness, please also note Trent Green with the Rams).

3. Journeymen who are willing to take any chance at a starting job anywhere.

I don't think McNabb applies to that group yet. But he's maddeningly inconsistent and has never seemed to be much of a leader. I don't think he's right for Buffalo.

The best QB for Buffalo is a new center for Edwards.

3. Journeymen who are willing to take any chance at a starting job anywhere.

I don't think McNabb applies to that group yet. But he's maddeningly inconsistent and has never seemed to be much of a leader. I don't think he's right for Buffalo.

The best QB for Buffalo is a new center for Edwards.

While I agree the team needs a new Center (and rest of the OL, for that matter), I'm still not sold on Edwards. Hasn't done a whole lot to prove his worth, IMO.

Imagine if they'd made a play for Pennington in the offseason.