Schottenheimer on Cowherd

BillsVet

Marty talked about having the energy to do be a NFL HC again, but didn't seem like he wanted to. Said he's owed some time to spend with his family. Can't blame him, given that he's devoted more than 30 years to coaching.

He wasn't surprised by AJ Smith's move, but still has a bitter taste from the experience.

He noted how San Diego's front office organization wasn't very good. Buffalo's may not have the internal strife, but it's still messed up. And that's why I don't see him going to Buffalo.

He said last nite he is not interested in coaching. He is down here with 100,000 ex Buffaloians in Frigging Charlotte.

How bad was that game last night that they actually had a telephone interview with Shottenheimer in the third quarter. I mean, it's not like he was in the booth. It was as if the game was SO bad that the producers thought, "Hey, I wonder if we can get someone on the phone to make this game move along."

And believe me, that was a bad game. Probably the worst I've seen in recent memory. TB is going to kill them in two weeks, assuming KC doesn't do it first.

How is it possible that we have no idea about Jauron's extension? How has that not leaked out?

It really seems that a big-name coach is going to be the only thing that gets us over the hump. A big-name coach will make the Bills a more attractive destination for free agents. Honestly, what makes Pittsburg such a special place? It's a dump. But they're always good.

I am not a Steelers expert, but they seem to always be a team that is suited to their climate. They are a tough, blue collar, cold weather team.

The Bills draft as if they play in a dome.

Not to start another Joe D thread, and I am not even saying the guy knows it all, but he has said, on the radio, numerous times, if he was the head of Bills scouting, he would focus more on guys who grew up, and played college ball in the cold. I have heard him mention, in reference to Edwards difficulties playing in the cold, that it is a harder adjustment for warm weather guys than people realize.

Funny thing is, Ben Roethlisberger is not really a great NFL QB, IMO, but he is a great QB for the Steelers. He fits their image, and really is the face of that team, even when he isn't playing great. We haven't had anyone like that since ol whats' his name...

I am not a Steelers expert, but they seem to always be a team that is suited to their climate. They are a tough, blue collar, cold weather team.

Seems the Bills were successful running a pass happy offense in the ealry to mid nineties and had some success. Of course they could supplement it with a good running game too and an awesome defense. Still, they passed an aweful lot for a cold weather team.

This week ... they do. :unsure:

How is it possible that we have no idea about Jauron's extension? How has that not leaked out?

It really seems that a big-name coach is going to be the only thing that gets us over the hump. A big-name coach will make the Bills a more attractive destination for free agents. Honestly, what makes Pittsburg such a special place? It's a dump. But they're always good.

May be they have something called "CONTINUITY" down here....The steelers don't constantly change players....The steelers were struggling with their defense before Cowher made the smart move to bring back Lebeau. Ever since Lebeau has been back they have had a playoff caliber defense.....As they say DEFENSE wins championships....The Bills had Lebeau in their grasp and yet let him get away....If the Bills had not been foolish enough to make Lebeau DC instead of a Consultant for Jerry Gray, there is no way Lebeau leaves for the Steelers...

They hired Zerlein as their new OL coach after the former coach left for Arizona and inspite of limited talent on that line they have been able to do better than the Bills in running the football. Another coach that we let go.

The bills need a HC who can stoke the fire under the belly of these players and help them remain focused during the games.....

I think Jim Mora Sr., would be an interesting prospect, assuming we could get him out of retirement. His teams tended to be very disciplined. They also overachieved- not to the extent that Schottenheimer's did, but they overachieved nonetheless

I think Jim Mora Sr., would be an interesting prospect, assuming we could get him out of retirement. His teams tended to be very disciplined. They also overachieved- not to the extent that Schottenheimer's did, but they overachieved nonetheless

Jim Mora is 73 years old. Not going to happen although the sound bites would be interetsing.

they will be soon enough-

the front office knows a lot more than the fans