Do you have any confidence in J.P. Losman?

This argument should be left to the people that really have an f-ing clue about football and quarterbacking. I mean some of you guys are just so stupid it shocks me. You are all casual fans who don't know jack about the higher end of football, which the NFL is. Most of you bums played high school football for probably a lousy team and just don't know schitt about about what you are talking about.

JP last week had zero reps with the first team guys against the first team guys. It is damn near impossible to come in off the bench with no practice with the guys you'll be playing with. You all just don't know what you don't know.

Get a freaking clue and then post me something worth my damn time.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument should be left to the people that really have an f-ing clue about football and quarterbacking. I mean some of you guys are just so stupid it shocks me. You are all casual fans who don't know jack about the higher end of football, which the NFL is. Most of you bums played high school football for probably a lousy team and just don't know schitt about about what you are talking about.

JP last week had zero reps with the first team guys against the first team guys. It is damn near impossible to come in off the bench with no practice with the guys you'll be playing with. You all just don't know what you don't know.

Get a freaking clue and then post me something worth my damn time.

I bow to your great knowledge :lol::worthy::worthy: However you lose credibility when you are impressed by JP.

Whatever man. All I'm saying the kid wipes the floor with a full week's worth of practice with Lee and the boys. I don't claim to be the end all on football knowledge but I have a pretty good football coaching resume for a guy my age. I feel like I know the game and how the little things work that most people who don't know jack don't see.

For instance, when was the last time anyone watched a game and concentrated not on the play, but on the foot work of a player?

PS

See my signature...

Whatever man. All I'm saying the kid wipes the floor with a full week's worth of practice with Lee and the boys. I don't claim to be the end all on football knowledge but I have a pretty good football coaching resume for a guy my age. I feel like I know the game and how the little things work that most people who don't know jack don't see.

For instance, when was the last time anyone watched a game and concentrated not on the play, but on the foot work of a player?

PS

See my signature...

So what research tells you this? History? Have you been watching JP at practice?

Edwards might start, but if he doesn't, can we still win with Losman?

What if Losman has a career day?

Then what?

Would you continue to start him?

I ask stupid Questions because I am just a rookie

<----------

You should just go ahead and edit the title of the thread - maybe something like "JP Sucks and if he plays we're dooooooooomed!" or "Official Bash JP Thread."

I'd rather see Hamdon. At least he's an unkown.

So unkown [sic] that you can't spell his name? :lol:

Yes, I have confidence that JP Losman:

Is an inaccurate passer.

Locks on to one receiver.

Holds the ball too long.

Takes too many sacks.

Does not manage the play clock.

Is NOT smarter than a 5th grader.

Will have to try like hell to hold on to a backup spot in the league next season.

:lol:

Take out the part about taking too many sacks and you are starting to discribe Trent in about 50% of his games this year.

Inaccurate? I think he completed under 50% of his passes this weekend

Locks on to One receiver? JP had Evans, Trent has Reed (or when Reed was out, Lynch)

Holds on to the ball too long? He has been doing that alot lately but he just hasn't been letting them end up as a sack

Does not manage the play clock? He has been having to call a fair amount of Time Outs lately in the middle of a quarter because he can't get the play off in time

I have as much confidence in Edwards snapping out of his slump as I do of JP QBing Buffalo to a win

I agree that our coaching is very suspect of the years, but this is the biggest load of crap that people keep saying. The coaches can't make Losman not be able to read a coverage and make a decision in under 10 seconds. The coaches can't force Edwards to throw the ball down the field. They can't make Losman not bounce a 5 yard pass or Edwards have a little stronger arm.

Mularkey has been successful with 3 separate QBs (Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and now Matt Ryan) and only struggle with one. Guess who? Tom Clements seems to be doing ok with a 1st year starter in Aaron Rodgers. Yet, these guys were the worst coaches in the league here. Why do you think that is? Both Holcomb and Edwards (a rookie) came into the same exact situation as Losman and led the team to better records and statistics.

No one on this board was a bigger fan of Losman than me. I loved the guy and wanted him to be the man. i wanted him to get the job after the Wilfork cheap shot. But after 3+ years and not being a blind homer, JP sucks. He has a top 5 arm, toughness, and athletic ability. Yet, he sucks because he struggles to process the game. If Edwards had the same abilities, he would be in the pro bowl. Again, he is a good guy but I simply have no faith in the guy.

And in another year, Edwards is performing like Losman, I would want him to go as well. However, I have seen more things that remind of a NFL QB in a year and a half with Edwards than I say in 4 years with Losman. There's a lot more to beign a QB than a great arm.

Mularkey has been successful as a coordinator, not a head coach. Rodgers has had three years on the bench to watch and learn. His situation was near ideal.

Coughlin, an obviously excellent coach, looked terrible for his first few years with Eli as his QB. But, being smart, he knew that your best chance with a young QB is to understand that it often takes a long time for them to mature. So he stuck with him. And now he looks like a genius with Eli as his QB.

Really?

Trents projected stats for this season

285 432 3171 66.0 7.34 51 13 13 27 85.1

JP in 2006

268 429 62.5 3051 7.1 19 83 14 84.9

Look pretty equal except JP led us to about 6 more TDs

Wrong. The 2008 Bills average 321.8 yards per game and average 23 points/game (which also includes 2 games in which Trent was knocked out). The 2006 Bills averaged 266.9 yards and 18.8 points.

I will never say I think Edwards is a gonna be a great QB. But I know he is light years better than Losman. I'm just in amazement that people can defend Losman after 4 years of terrible QB play. But I guess some people still think G W is a good president too.

Mularkey has been successful as a coordinator, not a head coach. Rodgers has had three years on the bench to watch and learn. His situation was near ideal.

Coughlin, an obviously excellent coach, looked terrible for his first few years with Eli as his QB. But, being smart, he knew that your best chance with a young QB is to understand that it often takes a long time for them to mature. So he stuck with him. And now he looks like a genius with Eli as his QB.

Fair points. But Losman had a year to sit and observe while Trent was thrown into the fire. Who played better out of the chute given the circumstances?

And do you really think Eli Manning is looked at the same as Losman? Losman was a borderline 1st rounder that played in a minor conference. Eli played in the best conference in college football, was the #1 pick, and has a brother who is pretty good. The Giants obviously were gonna have a longer leash with him than Losman. If the players were reversed, Losman won't have even gotten the 2006 season in NYC.

People who are trying to debate that Edwards, in his first full season, is better than Losman in his first full season, are calling me an idiot. That's beyond hilarious.

The 2008 Bills average 321.8 yards per game and average 23 points/game (which also includes 2 games in which Trent was knocked out). The 2006 Bills averaged 266.9 yards and 18.8 points.

If you would honestly think a QB who lead a team to less points, less yards, taken more sacks and had more turnovers is better than the alternative, then yes, you are a complete idiot. In every conceivable way, Edwards (in his 2nd season) has outplayed Losman (in his 3rd season). It's like arguing with Paris Hilton.

Flame all you want - but I still believe we haven't yet found our QB of the future.

While i still have high hopes for TE, it is very fair to be nervous about whether or not he is the true guy. However, every time Losman plays makes more confident that he was never the guy.

Wrong. The 2008 Bills average 321.8 yards per game and average 23 points/game (which also includes 2 games in which Trent was knocked out). The 2006 Bills averaged 266.9 yards and 18.8 points.

I will never say I think Edwards is a gonna be a great QB. But I know he is light years better than Losman. I'm just in amazement that people can defend Losman after 4 years of terrible QB play. But I guess some people still think G W is a good president too.

The 2008 Bills also have a better offensive line, Mrshawn lynch and Fred jackson, Not peerless price, a QB in the second year of the system and an easier schedule.... so those numbers should be better right?

You can spin stuff any way you want :lol:

Quite frankly, Trent Edwards has shown me that in his first full season he is much worse than Losman in his first full season.....
People who are trying to debate that Edwards, in his first full season, is better than Losman in his first full season, are calling me an idiot. That's beyond hilarious.

Well I guess I'd be calling you an idiot & giving you a good laugh.

Over the first 11 games in both their 1st full seasons.....not counting ARI game for TE.....

The ONLY area where JPL has shown he was better than TE was INTs. For you to try to argue that TE has shown that he is much worse than JPL is beyond hilarious.....it's ludicrous.

Wins

JPL 5

TE 6

QBR

JPL 84.1

TE 84.9

YPA

JPL 6.92

TE 7.35

Completion %

JPL 63.8

TE 65.7

YPG

JPL 182.5

TE 214.6

TDs

JPL 10

TE 10

INTs

JPL 8

TE 10

Fumbles lost

JPL 5

TE 4

Sacks

JPL 32

TE 20

Sack percentage

JPL 9.9%

TE 5.9%

Rushing

JPL 28-94-3.4ave 1TD

TE 30-87-2.9ave 3TDs

Flame all you want - but I still believe we haven't yet found our QB of the future.

I agree with you aussiew!! I agree Trent and J P have had their ups and downs. Future quarterbacks are on the horizon. Colt McCoy.....Graham Harrell......Chase Daniel.....and Sam Bradford. These are good quarterbacks,BUT would they be enough to be the QB of the future?

Well I guess I'd be calling you an idiot & giving you a good laugh.

Over the first 11 games in both their 1st full seasons.....not counting ARI game for TE.....

The ONLY area where JPL has shown he was better than TE was INTs. For you to try to argue that TE has shown that he is much worse than JPL is beyond hilarious.....it's ludicrous.

Wins

JPL 5

TE 6

QBR

JPL 84.1

TE 84.9

YPA

JPL 6.92

TE 7.35

Completion %

JPL 63.8

TE 65.7