Do you have any confidence in J.P. Losman?

Way too soon to write off either guy IMO. I think they are both capable of overcoming their weeknesses with the right coaching and opportunity. Neither has the right combination of those 2 things now as far as I'm concerned.

I would expect JP to play well if he practices all week and starts Sunday. I gotta feeling Trent won't be ready to go this week.

I agree that our coaching is very suspect of the years, but this is the biggest load of crap that people keep saying. The coaches can't make Losman not be able to read a coverage and make a decision in under 10 seconds. The coaches can't force Edwards to throw the ball down the field. They can't make Losman not bounce a 5 yard pass or Edwards have a little stronger arm.

Mularkey has been successful with 3 separate QBs (Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and now Matt Ryan) and only struggle with one. Guess who? Tom Clements seems to be doing ok with a 1st year starter in Aaron Rodgers. Yet, these guys were the worst coaches in the league here. Why do you think that is? Both Holcomb and Edwards (a rookie) came into the same exact situation as Losman and led the team to better records and statistics.

No one on this board was a bigger fan of Losman than me. I loved the guy and wanted him to be the man. i wanted him to get the job after the Wilfork cheap shot. But after 3+ years and not being a blind homer, JP sucks. He has a top 5 arm, toughness, and athletic ability. Yet, he sucks because he struggles to process the game. If Edwards had the same abilities, he would be in the pro bowl. Again, he is a good guy but I simply have no faith in the guy.

And in another year, Edwards is performing like Losman, I would want him to go as well. However, I have seen more things that remind of a NFL QB in a year and a half with Edwards than I say in 4 years with Losman. There's a lot more to beign a QB than a great arm.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Losman is absolutely terrible and it's embarrassing to see a guy with his athletic ability get sacked more often than Trent Edwards who has considerably less athletic ability. He has happy feet, can't make a timely decision, defenses know he isn't sh-t...Watching him I just wait for something terrible to happen, because it will.

No matter if it's his fault or not (it usually is) when Losman is in the game bad things happen to the Buffalo Bills.

If you believe, you're an idiot. In every possible way, the Bills are a better team with TE than JP. Edwards leads teh team to more yards, points, time of possession, less sacks, and less turnovers. I have never heard people laugh as much as when they watch Losman play QB. He is a terrible and will struggle to be a backup next year.

For the record, I never said Edwards was great. But myself and almost everyone but a few brain dead Bills fans realize that Losman is a joke. So far, Edwards isn't as big of a joke.

Really?

Trents projected stats for this season

285 432 3171 66.0 7.34 51 13 13 27 85.1

JP in 2006

268 429 62.5 3051 7.1 19 83 14 84.9

Look pretty equal except JP led us to about 6 more TDs

Really?

Trents projected stats for this season

285 432 3171 66.0 7.34 51 13 13 27 85.1

JP in 2006

268 429 62.5 3051 7.1 19 83 14 84.9

Look pretty equal except JP led us to about 6 more TDs

Projected? That is the dumbest stat ever. How long will you continue to defend "the great" JP Lossman?

JP with as many starter reps as Trent's had this season wipes his ass with the pitiful 49ers defense.

Wow another one. What has JP lossman done in his career to brainwash you guys? I just don't see it, if that was the case, why is he a back-up on a crappy team with a unproven QB as the starter?

Thats from NFL. com

Right now with 4 games to go Trent has 10 tds to 10 ints is that better for you?

Yes it is...... projected is a BS stat(not even a stat) maybe he doesn't play? maybe he sucks in the games? maybe he does well? maybe he does great? who knows but you can't compare people based on projections.

Wow another one. What has JP lossman done in his career to brainwash you guys? I just don't see it, if that was the case, why is he a back-up on a crappy team with a unproven QB as the starter?

What has Trent done that is so much better than Trent? Im asking really because i just dont see how he is that much better than JP.

Edwards might start, but if he doesn't, can we still win with Losman?

What if Losman has a career day?

Then what?

Would you continue to start him?

I ask stupid Questions because I am just a rookie

<----------

J.P. Losman won't have a "career day" this Sunday. The game is still meaningful, and there will be a lot of extra pressure for the Bills playing in the first regular season NFL game ever in Canada. Not to mention the first real game of the "Toronto series" that is supposed to keep the Bills viable as an NFL franchise. With all of that on the line, Losman will suck, if he is forced to play in place of Edwards.

Then, you will not be as much of a rookie out here any more. You should agree with the rest of us that Losman needs to get out of Buffalo as soon as possible.

What has Trent done that is so much better than Trent? Im asking really because i just dont see how he is that much better than JP.

Trent hasn't done anything that is so much better then himself. But if you are asking what he's done that is so much better then Losman, that is an easy answer: he has played better then him, in most of the games he's played so far.

Well we did start 5-1 this season did we not? Trent was playing lights-out during that time and made us think our team was better than it really was. Now Trent is in a huge slump and not able to carry our sorry azzes. When we were 5-1 were you optimistic? were you ever that optimistic with JP at the helm? (I wasn't) I have no idea if Trent is the answer, but he has shown he can do it (not consistently yet), but I think he has the smarts to catch on. It's a learning process; I think Trent has the ability to learn the position, something I don't think JP has. JMO.

Edwards might start, but if he doesn't, can we still win with Losman?

What if Losman has a career day?

Then what?

Would you continue to start him?

I ask stupid Questions because I am just a rookie

<----------

Yes, he gives us a better (but only slightly better) chance to win than Edwards. But who cares. Winning this year isn't important. Developing our QB for next year is extremely important.

Right now, neither guy is playing well. It looks increasingly that it might be more the fault of the coaching than a measure of either guy's talent or ability. JP played ever so slightly better this week, but again, who cares. Interestingly, JP's problems are usually different from Trent's problems. But in this game, they looked like the same player, both moved the ball with a bit of consistency, neither turned the ball over and neither could score for squat.

Both guys have had brief periods in their career where they looked consistent and efficient, looked like the QB of the future. Both guys then regressed.

But you can easily see from the press conference that JP will under no circumstances accept a contract with the Bills next year, so why would we develop him?

And it's not a stupid question. In fact, it's a question that has been asked a million times on this board, and all across Bills Country.

Well we did start 5-1 this season did we not? Trent was playing lights-out during that time and made us think our team was better than it really was. Now Trent is in a huge slump and not able to carry our sorry azzes. When we were 5-1 were you optimistic? were you ever that optimistic with JP at the helm? (I wasn't) I have no idea if Trent is the answer, but he has shown he can do it (not consistently yet), but I think he has the smarts to catch on. It's a learning process; I think Trent has the ability to learn the position, something I don't think JP has. JMO.

imo the 5-1 start was due to playing sh-- teams.

seattle 2-10

jax 4-8

oakland 3-9

SD 4-8

St. Louis 2-10

and for our 6th win...

KC 2-10

imo the 5-1 start was due to playing sh-- teams.

seattle 2-10

jax 4-8

oakland 3-9

SD 4-8

St. Louis 2-10

and for our 6th win...

KC 2-10

Yep that is true, however I doubt we would have been 5-1 against those same sh-- teams with JP in there.