I hate to spoil the pity party ....

Yes today's loss sucked. And going 1 & 5 in our last 6 sucked harder. But if Bills beat Miami next week, they will be:

- tied with them at 7 & 6;

- could also be tied with Pats if they lose to Seattle, which they could after today's brutal beating and needing to travel to west coast;

- could be one game behind Jets as today could also the mark the beginning of a losing streak of their own given they also travel to west coast to play 9ers (who aren't all that bad, as we saw today).

Even if we win and Jets and Pats win, we're still very much in the thick of it as the week after we play the Jets. Win that and worst case we're a game behind them, likely ahead of Fins and tied with Pats. I could see us winning that too because although I like the talent the Jets have, I think they're coach Mangini is a fraud and could show his true colors down the stretch.

Win the next week against Broncos and I see us ahead of Pats who play Cards that week in what I think is a terrible mismatch for Pats secondary. And Fins should be well behind in our rear view mirror.

That sets up big showdown against Pats in Buffalo in last game of season. If it means everything is on the line, I could see Bills and their fans pulling one out and stealing the AFC east. And of course a 10 & 6 record gives us a good chance of capturing the wild card in the (I think) unlikely scenario we run the table from here and don't win the division. Running the table almost certainly puts us no worse than 2nd in AFC east, which means the wildcard competition comes from outside the division from Colts and Ravens. I am willing to concede Colts one of those spots, but I think Ravens are headed for a meltdown now with Skins, Steelers, Cowboys and Jags their remaining games. So I'd say 10&6 gives us 50/50 chance of catching them too.

I know it's a long shot us winning out, but hey that would be the attitude of a perenial winning franchise like Steelers or Colts right now. They'd say hey guys, let's get on a roll now, be physical, and take these next 4 and I like our chances. That's the exact attitude Bills need right now, otherwise they are doomned, not just this year, but every year until they adopt that approach.

I admire that stiff upper lip.....-problem is not the losses but how they looked during the losses. They should tank the rest of the games-oh wait---what difference would that make?.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes today's loss sucked. And going 1 & 5 in our last 6 sucked harder. But if Bills beat Miami next week, they will be:

- could also be tied with Pats if they lose to Seattle, which they could after today's brutal beating and needing to travel to west coast;

- could be one game behind Jets as today could also the mark the beginning of a losing streak of their own given they also travel to west coast to play 9ers (who aren't all that bad, as we saw today).

Even if we win and Jets and Pats win, we're still very much in the thick of it as the week after we play the Jets. Win that and worst case we're a game behind them, likely ahead of Fins and tied with Pats. I could see us winning that too because although I like the talent the Jets have, I think they're coach Mangini is a fraud and could show his true colors down the stretch.

Win the next week against Broncos and I see us ahead of Pats who play Cards that week in what I think is a terrible mismatch for Pats secondary. And Fins should be well behind in our rear view mirror.

That sets up big showdown against Pats in Buffalo in last game of season. If it means everything is on the line, I could see Bills and their fans pulling one out and stealing the AFC east. And of course a 10 & 6 record gives us a good chance of capturing the wild card in the (I think) unlikely scenario we run the table from here and don't win the division. Running the table almost certainly puts us no worse than 2nd in AFC east, which means the wildcard competition comes from outside the division from Colts and Ravens. I am willing to concede Colts one of those spots, but I think Ravens are headed for a meltdown now with Skins, Steelers, Cowboys and Jags their remaining games. So I'd say 10&6 gives us 50/50 chance of catching them too.

I know it's a long shot us winning out, but hey that would be the attitude of a perenial winning franchise like Steelers or Colts right now. They'd say hey guys, let's get on a roll now, be physical, and take these next 4 and I like our chances. That's the exact attitude Bills need right now, otherwise they are doomned, not just this year, but every year until they adopt that approach.

LOL....LOL...LOL...LOL!!!

This team is one of the worst teams in the league right now :blink:

LOL....LOL...LOL...LOL!!!

This team is one of the worst teams in the league right now :blink:

Agreed. There is no way Buffalo is a playoff team. Look at what Indy and Baltimore did yesterday. The Ravens crushed an inferior opponent on the road. Indy pulled out a win on a very poor performance by their all star quaterback. These are playoff teams. The Bills could not generate a win over a supposedly inferior opponent at home, now twice in a row. They will be lucky to finish 8 and 8. 6 and 10 is not unlikley.

Ummm....Seriously?

I think after yesterdays performance, any comparison between this Bills Franchise and the ones from Pittsburgh and Indy should result in permanent ban for the OP due to complete incompetence...

And I'm only half kidding... :thumbsup:

It's over for this Team under Jauron...The Players have checked out on this Coaching Staff and it's time to move on and start thinking about what to do from here...2008 is over for The Buffalo Bills... :blink:

This is why we are fans....and why I will stay a fan....and I pray this will play out like you have stated.....however, with the current state of affairs and with our man Dick at the helm this is more like a real good dream sequence!

It is good to think positive & stay upbeat. With that being said, I really do not think this team is going to win another game all year& if jauron is the coach next year I am giving up my season tickets.

I admire that stiff upper lip.....-problem is not the losses but how they looked during the losses. They should tank the rest of the games-oh wait---what difference would that make?.

hey thats football: one week a team looks like worldbeaters, the next they look like crap. look at titans had been on a roll then all of a sudden look like crap at home against jets and get beat. the only thing about a teams identity that matters is getting hot at the right time, which is pretty much now.

Did you watch the game yesterday?

The one where the Bills couldn't defeat a 3-8 opponent at home?

The one where they couldn't get in the end zone?

Watch it and reality just might set in. :huh:

A team that has gone 1-5 is not going on a tear of 4 in a row against winning teams when they are are 1-2 against losing teams and no the 49ers were worse the the cleveland browns and youare delusional for thinkg this team has any shot oo being a contender for a wild card :huh:

Did you watch the game yesterday?

The one where the Bills couldn't defeat a 3-8 opponent at home?

The one where they couldn't get in the end zone?

Watch it and reality just might set in. <_<

no i did not see the game. nor the one a week ago ago when they blew out KC on the road. point is bills like any team have the potential to look great and score a lot of points or falter and get shut out on any given week. its the nature of the game. its one reason fans get too high after a win and too low after a loss. reality is thats just football, it's organized chaos out there and anything can happen

Let's talk draft.

Good news is that players will find a way to enter the draft now that there's heated talk of a rookie salary cap in the next CBA talks.

DE's: Michael Johnson, Greg Hardy, Everette Brown, and others.

OL: Duke Robinson (G) Alex Mack © and a host of tackles.

TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Jermaine Gresham.

We've got less than five months until draft day!

A team that has gone 1-5 is not going on a tear of 4 in a row against winning teams when they are are 1-2 against losing teams and no the 49ers were worse the the cleveland browns and youare delusional for thinkg this team has any shot oo being a contender for a wild card <_<

But you know what, it's his right as a fan. I'm an eternal optimist but even I know that's the lights are probably being turned off. But there's nothing I hate worse than people telling others to just give up their hopes.

Are you kidding me? I was wondering how long it would be until someone would come out with the" if then " theory on how the Bills could make it to the post-season. We wouldn't have to worry about which team losing to who and if the moon is full and if Saturn was aligned with Uranus, if the Bills would just beat the teams they should beat. They suck . Do you really want to see this team in the playoffs? I say NO. For me the season is over. <_<

Hey, true. I never thought of that. I also never thought that, if by some miracle the Bills actually win the rest of their games and make the playoffs, that they'd be blown out, absolutely embarassed, by any team they happen to face in the Wildcard Round.

While I do not believe they will win out, if they do that means we are playing very well and would have swept our division. How do you figure we would get blown out if this happens?

Ralph Wilson: Bring out your dead!

Dick Jauron: Here's one.

Ralph Wilson: Ninepence.

The Bills: I'm not dead!

Ralph Wilson: What?

Dick Jauron: Nothing. Here's your ninepence.

The Bills: I'm not dead!

Ralph Wilson: 'Ere. He says he's not dead!

Dick Jauron: Yes, he is.

The Bills: I'm not!

Ralph Wilson: He isn't?

Dick Jauron: Well, he will be soon. He's very ill.

The Bills: I'm getting better!

Dick Jauron: No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.

Ralph Wilson: Oh, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.

The Bills: I don't want to go on the cart!

Dick Jauron: Oh, don't be such a baby.

Ralph Wilson: I can't take him.

The Bills: I feel fine!

Dick Jauron: Well, do us a favour.

Ralph Wilson: I can't.

Dick Jauron: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long.

Ralph Wilson: No, I've got to go to the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.

Dick Jauron: Well, when's your next round?

Ralph Wilson: Thursday.

The Bills: I think I'll go for a walk.

Dick Jauron: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Look. Isn't there something you can do?

The Bills: <singing> I feel happy. I feel happy.

</thwap!>

Dick Jauron: Ah, thanks very much.

Ralph Wilson: Not at all. See you on Thursday.