From Jerry Sullivan Live Chat

DaGimp

This says it all:

[Comment From Train Wreck]

Forget Miller....let's figure out how can we run Jauron out of town. Will 5-11 finally doom this clown?

1:16

Sully: I called Jauron a lame duck in today's column. I don't know what Ralph Wilson is thinking, but I hear he was furious after the Browns game. He was embarrassed on Monday Night Football and he doesn't take those things well. Jauron is wearing thin with me. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. It actually gets tiresome, calling for coaches to be fired. I did it with Phillips, with Williams, with Mularkey. I wanted Jauron to succeed. And I know management desperately wanted it. But he's just not good enough. His game day decisions are as bad as I've ever seen. I don't care if he went to Yale. He's not nearly as smart as people have been led to believe.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This says it all:

Forget Miller....let's figure out how can we run Jauron out of town. Will 5-11 finally doom this clown?

Sully: I called Jauron a lame duck in today's column. I don't know what Ralph Wilson is thinking, but I hear he was furious after the Browns game. He was embarrassed on Monday Night Football and he doesn't take those things well. Jauron is wearing thin with me. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. It actually gets tiresome, calling for coaches to be fired. I did it with Phillips, with Williams, with Mularkey. I wanted Jauron to succeed. And I know management desperately wanted it. But he's just not good enough. His game day decisions are as bad as I've ever seen. I don't care if he went to Yale. He's not nearly as smart as people have been led to believe.

Jerry Sullivan is the judge of intellect now?

This says it all:

True dat! Intelligence and common sense are not the same thing. Ask any Engineer to do something creative and he's following a script...they're just not built that way. They have no natural feel for creation and flow (at that level), and you NEED that in the NFL. The game needs to be played and executed with a feel for what's going on!

To add to my comment above. This kind of gameplanning makes it very easy for an opponent to pick up on his trends. Once they know this and know you're NOT a risk taker, they've just just increased their chance of victory a TON.

People this game is easy! It's difficult to execute at times, but to call a correct play/formation is not hard. You just need to be a little crazy at times and throw caution to the wind...once opponents see this. they're usually forced to play somewhat vanilla on their side of the ball which now allows you to take advantage of their weaknesses. We neeed to be more daring and unpredictable, but therein lies the problem...we're very preDICKtable!!! :ph34r:

My biggest knock on DJ is his game time decisions. Standing pat at the 29 yard line. Going for it on 4th and 1 in FG range early in the game against Jets. Botches fake FG early in game with lead in NE last year. On and on and on. He get's the guys prepared and they play hard, are in a position to win, and then he blows it with a bone headed call like 3 runs into the line Monday night with the game on the line. I too was hoping for some stability. But I'm starting to think DJ should be run out of town on a rail if we continue to falter down the stretch.

I wonder what Marty Schottemhiemer is doing these days? Losing a playoff game doesn't sound so bad 10 years since our last.

My biggest knock on DJ is his game time decisions. Standing pat at the 29 yard line. Going for it on 4th and 1 in FG range early in the game against Jets. Botches fake FG early in game with lead in NE last year. On and on and on. He get's the guys prepared and they play hard, are in a position to win, and then he blows it with a bone headed call like 3 runs into the line Monday night with the game on the line. I too was hoping for some stability. But I'm starting to think DJ should be run out of town on a rail if we continue to falter down the stretch.

I wonder what Marty Schottemhiemer is doing these days? Losing a playoff game doesn't sound so bad 10 years since our last.

forget schottenheimer, i want cowler!!!!

This says it all:

But, but, but the players like him! They just need to execute better! The NFL is a tough league to get a win in!

Jerry Sullivan is the judge of intellect now?

Dude... why shoot the messenger? Why do you think Sully's not spot on here?

I mean... any coach with half a brain could see that Edwards was way oout of whack Monday night... He should have yanked him in lieu of JP... period. In not doing that, he looke pretty stupid to me.

This says it all:

Sully doesn't candy-coat, he tells it like it is. :ph34r:

The eye in the sky don't lie. :worthy:

This says it all:

Reading that chat makes one realize that a guy like Allen Wilson has a tenfold better understanding of both the team and football than Sullivan. Not that he's wrong; he's just a typical loudmouth spewing opinions based on little knowledge. It's also pretty clear from this that he's a college hoops guy at heart (as he always has been).

I like Sully's articles - they're dead nutz on. Jauron was outcoached, and I think everyone agrees that he lacks the fire on the sideline that is needed to bring a team back. He may be stoic and unemotional, but he needs not to be at the right times.

As for a possible new coach, I would LOVE to have Cowher in Buffalo. I'd love to see him spit his gum at some side judge when he's yelling at them. I'll bet there would never be any question when he thows a red challenge flag!

BUT if Jauron goes, we could wind up with some other idiot like Norv Turner - he's gonna get canned this year too so lets be careful what we wish for...